or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread - Page 33

post #481 of 4750
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonsmithr8 View Post

Check out LeviMay's post on the first page. I got the idea from him. He did the same on brown burnished.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviMay View Post

Check out my brown pair on page 1 of this thread.

or lord, those are such a beauty LeviMay...

Is there a sale going on the MTOs?
post #482 of 4750

3) STRAND

-BOURBON CALF

-NO MEDALLION

-INDEPENDENCE LINING & INSOLE

-DOUBLE BUTYLE LEATHER SOLE

-AE TOPLIFT

-CHILI WELT

-MEDIUM BROWN TRANSPARENT EDGE DRESSING

-WHEELED EDGING & FUDGING

-EVERYTHING ELSE DEFAULT

 

WTF?!?!!? I was told wheeled edges were not doable on any shoe that is not part of the Independence line!

 

This is frustrating.

 

Also, how did you size considering the Indy insole? Whats an AE top lift?

post #483 of 4750
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

3) STRAND
-BOURBON CALF
-NO MEDALLION
-INDEPENDENCE LINING & INSOLE
-DOUBLE BUTYLE LEATHER SOLE
-AE TOPLIFT
-CHILI WELT
-MEDIUM BROWN TRANSPARENT EDGE DRESSING
-WHEELED EDGING & FUDGING
-EVERYTHING ELSE DEFAULT

WTF?!?!!? I was told wheeled edges were not doable on any shoe that is not part of the Independence line!

This is frustrating.

Also, how did you size considering the Indy insole? Whats an AE top lift?

Yeah I read that some people were told that but I figured I'd try and see and Allison didn't say anything about it. I sized the same as I normally would. AE TOPLIFT is the code for full rubber heal.
post #484 of 4750
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

3) STRAND
-BOURBON CALF
-NO MEDALLION
-INDEPENDENCE LINING & INSOLE
-DOUBLE BUTYLE LEATHER SOLE
-AE TOPLIFT
-CHILI WELT
-MEDIUM BROWN TRANSPARENT EDGE DRESSING
-WHEELED EDGING & FUDGING
-EVERYTHING ELSE DEFAULT

WTF?!?!!? I was told wheeled edges were not doable on any shoe that is not part of the Independence line!

This is frustrating.

Also, how did you size considering the Indy insole? Whats an AE top lift?

I managed to get Wheeled edging on my Shell Strands also. It's being done on a case by case basis. It appears they will currently do it on the Strand.

-M
post #485 of 4750
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonsmithr8 View Post

Yeah I read that some people were told that but I figured I'd try and see and Allison didn't say anything about it. I sized the same as I normally would. AE TOPLIFT is the code for full rubber heal.

Interesting that you like the Butyl sole. Do you live somewhere particularly wet?
post #486 of 4750
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckingpony View Post

 Here is a picture with better lighting and a comparison of the brown burnished calf sample I received (which matches the 3 pairs of AE dark burnished brown shoes i have...)
 


Haha, they are 8E (normally between 8-8.5D, but on this last found that smaller length and up a width fit better.)  I was going for a poor mans EG... Pretty sure I have bought seconds of MTO from either Tifosi or Ryden before - 8.5 Cappuccino Bayfields that I got for an amazing deal.

Wow, that's a pretty big difference. :-/
post #487 of 4750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycru View Post
 

My comment was based on three out of three of the last three MTOs posted on this thread were not quite right.  Although I have decided to keep mine, the other two posters might send theirs back.

Have all of your MTOs been the same as what you ordered?

My first MTO (Cappuccino MacNeil) was also different from what I requested. Interestingly, my issue was identical to bl@ster's. I requested natural welt and natural sole edge and ended up with the natural welt and transparent brown sole edge. I did not bother returning them (it was my first MTO and I was not sure I was allowed to) and the make up actually looked quite alright, but nevertheless different from what I had been envisioning. 

post #488 of 4750
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckingpony View Post
 

Well my MTO Eagle County arrived today.  Order was placed early January and with the following specs:

 

BROWN BURNISHED CALF- CAPTOE VAMP FOXING, GUSSET, PULLTAB, TONGUE

BROGUE SUEDE-QUARTERS AND EYESTAY

INDEPENDENCE LINING AND INSOLE

INDEPENDENCE OUTSOLE

WHEELED EDGES BROWN

FLAT WELT

DARK BROWN EDGE DRESSING

 

Unfortunately, I don't think the calf portion of the boot is made with Brown Burnished Calf... I don't know if there was some confusion over Brown Burnished Calf and Dark Brown Burnished Calf?  The samples i received for Brown Burnished Calf were the same color as all my Dark Brown Burnished Calf AE's, but the MTO is significantly lighter.  Not sure what I think of the contrast between the calf and suede yet...  

 

I've looked through the website and one of the older catalogs and haven't seen a Brown Burnished Calf that looks like the calf part of my MTOs.  I'll probably think it over and may be reach out to Allison.  Thoughts?  Sorry for the cell quality pictures.

While I would have also preferred the darker brown, those still look amazing. GOSH I wish I had caught the MTO on the eagle counties. Those definitely look like the EG galways at a fraction of the cost. I think we are all jealous of you haha!

post #489 of 4750
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post


Wow, that's a pretty big difference. :-/

Hey Mike, I was wondering if it has been confirmed yet if the eagle counties can still be MTO. I remember you sent Mr. Grangard an email a couple weeks ago.

post #490 of 4750
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by movoblast View Post

Hey Mike, I was wondering if it has been confirmed yet if the eagle counties can still be MTO. I remember you sent Mr. Grangard an email a couple weeks ago.

They said wait a little bit. PM me your email and I can forward you the note.
post #491 of 4750
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Interesting that you like the Butyl sole. Do you live somewhere particularly wet?

Not particularly, northern NJ but I wanted something that does a little better on wetter surfaces and figured why not. I could always change the sole when that time comes.
post #492 of 4750
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post



As an update, they are remaking the boots to get the requested specs correct. I also purchased this messed up pair for 300 clams as 2nds rather than sending them back.

 



Ugh, damn you. I've been stalking the 2nds website looking for those. My outlet guy is pretty good about getting shoes too as long as they can get by the guy here that resells the good 2nds before we see them.

Striking out lately as I saw a chili dalton on the 2nds list and now it disappeared. I'll just assume it had a huge cut in it.
post #493 of 4750

I got this from Allison: "We have also made a few changes to the program. In the past footwear was not charged until time of shipping and the options were virtually endless without an upcharge. Now the footwear will be charged at time the order is placed. The Rendenbach (JR) outsole will only be used on cordovan orders. The independence lining and insole will only be offered at the $495.00 price range. Cordovan is only available in black, burgundy and brown."

post #494 of 4750
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatszu View Post

I got this from Allison: "We have also made a few changes to the program. In the past footwear was not charged until time of shipping and the options were virtually endless without an upcharge. Now the footwear will be charged at time the order is placed. The Rendenbach (JR) outsole will only be used on cordovan orders. The independence lining and insole will only be offered at the $495.00 price range. Cordovan is only available in black, burgundy and brown."

Oh she only told me about the change when your card is charged when I spoke with her yesterday. I guess I got lucky I didn't get charged $495 for the independence lining and insole.
post #495 of 4750
I figured they'd be clamping down on this SF MTO thing sooner or later.
Edited by tifosi - 4/3/14 at 9:25am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread