or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread - Page 32

post #466 of 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

I think they look pretty sweet as is but yeah looks nothing like the sample. The contrast works very well for it.




Also, sounds like we might be Bayfield brothers, got mine from Ryden and possibly you got the seconds? I am wearing them today.


Oh yea. That was you.
post #467 of 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


These won't fit you, 9D'r!!! haha

You may be surprised.

Its all about the instep for me.

post #468 of 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

You may be surprised.
Its all about the instep for me.

haha. Me too.
post #469 of 3187

I need AE to come out with a webgem for lighter cordovan again (next year would be ok with my wallet) so I can MTO a McAllister.  I think a walnut shell McAllister would be amazing, anyone have pics of such a MTO?

 

 

Found this pic a while back and have had it saved, labelled as Truffle cordovan.

 

post #470 of 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

I think they look pretty sweet as is but yeah looks nothing like the sample. The contrast works very well for it.




Also, sounds like we might be Bayfield brothers, got mine from Ryden and possibly you got the seconds? I am wearing them today.

Yeah I got the seconds. Had a bit if welt thread poking out on the side. Very hard to see and nothing scissors, a match and 10 seconds couldn't take of. Got them from the shoebank and was very surprised (and pleased) when they arrived, as they were listed as Bayfield brown cxl...
post #471 of 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

I need AE to come out with a webgem for lighter cordovan again (next year would be ok with my wallet) so I can MTO a McAllister.  I think a walnut shell McAllister would be amazing, anyone have pics of such a MTO?

 

 

Found this pic a while back and have had it saved, labelled as Truffle cordovan.

 

Are you a 10B by any chance?  There's been a Truffle McAllister on my 10B seconds list ($399) for I don't even know how long.  Someone please buy these so I don't have to.

post #472 of 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonsmithr8 View Post


Haha I do love the lighter shoes Mike and I initially thought you said "wow." But that's how it usually is for me when people don't think Smith is my first name hah.

I just replied back to peppercorn in the AE thread with the following:

Hmm I just had a thought. I do really like the strands so maybe I could do this:

Return the dark brown burnished strands and get the strand in walnut, merlot, and bourbon (bourbon without medallion-I like the brown burnished pair that LeviMay posted in the MTO but prefer bourbon) and walnut Jefferson. I could make due with four since I'd only wear suits 4 days a week and I could just keep the walnut PAs as backup since I wouldn't get much in return and it's still wearable.

Also, I thought I read earlier in the thread that wheelings only allowed on the independence line even though you were able to get them on your latest MTO strands.

Smith

 

Update on this:

 

I decided to forgo the walnut Jefferson for now and I placed MTO order for three strands below. Also, I'm not sure if this changed, but it seems like you guys weren't charged until you got your invoices and they were ready to ship. According to Allison, her boss told her that policy isn't allowed anymore and your card is now charged at the time of order.

 

1) STRAND

-WALNUT CALF

-INDEPENDENCE LINING & INSOLE

-DOUBLE BUTYLE LEATHER SOLE

-AE TOPLIFT

-WHEELED EDGING & FUDGING

-EVERYTHING ELSE DEFAULT

 

2) STRAND

-MERLOT CALF

-INDEPENDENCE LINING & INSOLE

-DOUBLE BUTYLE LEATHER SOLE

-AE TOPLIFT

-WHEELED EDGING & FUDGING

-EVERYTHING ELSE DEFAULT

 

3) STRAND

-BOURBON CALF

-NO MEDALLION

-INDEPENDENCE LINING & INSOLE

-DOUBLE BUTYLE LEATHER SOLE

-AE TOPLIFT

-CHILI WELT

-MEDIUM BROWN TRANSPARENT EDGE DRESSING

-WHEELED EDGING & FUDGING

-EVERYTHING ELSE DEFAULT

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckingpony View Post
 

Well my MTO Eagle County arrived today.  Order was placed early January and with the following specs:

 

BROWN BURNISHED CALF- CAPTOE VAMP FOXING, GUSSET, PULLTAB, TONGUE

BROGUE SUEDE-QUARTERS AND EYESTAY

INDEPENDENCE LINING AND INSOLE

INDEPENDENCE OUTSOLE

WHEELED EDGES BROWN

FLAT WELT

DARK BROWN EDGE DRESSING

 

Unfortunately, I don't think the calf portion of the boot is made with Brown Burnished Calf... I don't know if there was some confusion over Brown Burnished Calf and Dark Brown Burnished Calf?  The samples i received for Brown Burnished Calf were the same color as all my Dark Brown Burnished Calf AE's, but the MTO is significantly lighter.  Not sure what I think of the contrast between the calf and suede yet...  

 

I've looked through the website and one of the older catalogs and haven't seen a Brown Burnished Calf that looks like the calf part of my MTOs.  I'll probably think it over and may be reach out to Allison.  Thoughts?  Sorry for the cell quality pictures.

 

I know I ordered a pair of brown burnished strands from Amazon (shipped from AE warehouse) and when I got the box, it said dark brown burnished haha

post #473 of 3187
That's a lot of Strand!
post #474 of 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Who needs EG? Right, Ryden?? haha

Ugh I do smile.gif
post #475 of 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post


Haha it is but I love it.
post #476 of 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonsmithr8 View Post
 
 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonsmithr8 View Post


Haha I do love the lighter shoes Mike and I initially thought you said "wow." But that's how it usually is for me when people don't think Smith is my first name hah.

I just replied back to peppercorn in the AE thread with the following:

Hmm I just had a thought. I do really like the strands so maybe I could do this:

Return the dark brown burnished strands and get the strand in walnut, merlot, and bourbon (bourbon without medallion-I like the brown burnished pair that LeviMay posted in the MTO but prefer bourbon) and walnut Jefferson. I could make due with four since I'd only wear suits 4 days a week and I could just keep the walnut PAs as backup since I wouldn't get much in return and it's still wearable.

Also, I thought I read earlier in the thread that wheelings only allowed on the independence line even though you were able to get them on your latest MTO strands.

Smith

 

Update on this:

 

 

I decided to forgo the walnut Jefferson for now and I placed MTO order for three strands below. Also, I'm not sure if this changed, but it seems like you guys weren't charged until you got your invoices and they were ready to ship. According to Allison, her boss told her that policy isn't allowed anymore and your card is now charged at the time of order.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

1) STRAND

-WALNUT CALF

-INDEPENDENCE LINING & INSOLE

-DOUBLE BUTYLE LEATHER SOLE

-AE TOPLIFT

-WHEELED EDGING & FUDGING

-EVERYTHING ELSE DEFAULT

 

2) STRAND

-MERLOT CALF

-INDEPENDENCE LINING & INSOLE

-DOUBLE BUTYLE LEATHER SOLE

-AE TOPLIFT

-WHEELED EDGING & FUDGING

-EVERYTHING ELSE DEFAULT

 

3) STRAND

-BOURBON CALF

-NO MEDALLION

-INDEPENDENCE LINING & INSOLE

-DOUBLE BUTYLE LEATHER SOLE

-AE TOPLIFT

-CHILI WELT

-MEDIUM BROWN TRANSPARENT EDGE DRESSING

-WHEELED EDGING & FUDGING

-EVERYTHING ELSE DEFAULT

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckingpony View Post
 

Well my MTO Eagle County arrived today.  Order was placed early January and with the following specs:

 

BROWN BURNISHED CALF- CAPTOE VAMP FOXING, GUSSET, PULLTAB, TONGUE

BROGUE SUEDE-QUARTERS AND EYESTAY

INDEPENDENCE LINING AND INSOLE

INDEPENDENCE OUTSOLE

WHEELED EDGES BROWN

FLAT WELT

DARK BROWN EDGE DRESSING

 

Unfortunately, I don't think the calf portion of the boot is made with Brown Burnished Calf... I don't know if there was some confusion over Brown Burnished Calf and Dark Brown Burnished Calf?  The samples i received for Brown Burnished Calf were the same color as all my Dark Brown Burnished Calf AE's, but the MTO is significantly lighter.  Not sure what I think of the contrast between the calf and suede yet...  

 

I've looked through the website and one of the older catalogs and haven't seen a Brown Burnished Calf that looks like the calf part of my MTOs.  I'll probably think it over and may be reach out to Allison.  Thoughts?  Sorry for the cell quality pictures.

 

I know I ordered a pair of brown burnished strands from Amazon (shipped from AE warehouse) and when I got the box, it said dark brown burnished haha

 

 

Dude, you are indeed the Strand man.  BTW, FWIW, I placed my second custom order with Allison two days ago, and my credit card has not yet been charged.

post #477 of 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post

Gentlemen, my new Promontory Point Brown Shell boots are in... aaaaand they're going back. They made three mistakes on them (and for nearly $700 boots that's not acceptable): 1. I requested natural welt and natural edge dressing and for some reason they did brown transparent on the sides while leaving the welt natural -- giving them an odd two tone look 2. I requested leather insole and instead they put poron in 3. I requested tan welt stitching and instead they used black

Before I pack them up for return, I snapped some shots for those interested:


As an update, they are remaking the boots to get the requested specs correct. I also purchased this messed up pair for 300 clams as 2nds rather than sending them back.
post #478 of 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonsmithr8 View Post

3) STRAND
-BOURBON CALF
-NO MEDALLION
-INDEPENDENCE LINING & INSOLE
-DOUBLE BUTYLE LEATHER SOLE
-AE TOPLIFT
-CHILI WELT
-MEDIUM BROWN TRANSPARENT EDGE DRESSING
-WHEELED EDGING & FUDGING
-EVERYTHING ELSE DEFAULT

I'd like to see this. Strand with no meallion would make a perfect formal dress shoes!
post #479 of 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2177 View Post


I'd like to see this. Strand with no meallion would make a perfect formal dress shoes!

 

Check out LeviMay's post on the first page. I got the idea from him. He did the same on brown burnished.

post #480 of 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2177 View Post

I'd like to see this. Strand with no meallion would make a perfect formal dress shoes!

Check out my brown pair on page 1 of this thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread