or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread - Page 30

post #436 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subutai View Post

True Tifosi, but the Custom Shoe program has limited styles and, I believe, limited options. I think the SF community are the only people adding the diverse set of options we've seen in recent months. 

It takes a while for any company to update/change processes...
Agreed.
post #437 of 2231

Not sure how "out there" my MTO was.  I got two out of five, one of which is being corrected.  I got the black Danite sole and the brass eyelets, but I didn't get the Poiron insole or the brown welt and stitching.  I might now have the only tan shoes with black welts and stitching.  I hope that none of my Irish friends notice my black and tan shoes.  I didn't get flat shoelaces, but they are being sent to me.

post #438 of 2231

Finally my eagle county order from mid december shipped! looking forward to receiving them.

post #439 of 2231
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavis534 View Post

Finally my eagle county order from mid december shipped! looking forward to receiving them.

Sweet! Excited to see!
post #440 of 2231
Sorry for the cross posting but I figured I should also ask here:

On another note, now that I know I'm actually a size 6.5EEE and not a 6.5E on the 5 last and that the size is available through the MTO program, I'd like to nail down four other dress shoes besides dark brown burnished strands (which I could still actually return if a better option arises) to wear with blue/grey suits. The first three are definitely in:

1) Walnut Strands
2) Walnut Jefferson
3) Bourbon Strand without medallion
4) Walnut PA to replace the size 6.5E that I own and have to sell?

Is the bourbon and dark brown burnished too similar? Also, I'm not a fan of the McAllister but do like the Jefferson and I'm iffy on the Fifth Ave. Thoughts? Thanks!
post #441 of 2231
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonsmithr8 View Post

Sorry for the cross posting but I figured I should also ask here:

On another note, now that I know I'm actually a size 6.5EEE and not a 6.5E on the 5 last and that the size is available through the MTO program, I'd like to nail down four other dress shoes besides dark brown burnished strands (which I could still actually return if a better option arises) to wear with blue/grey suits. The first three are definitely in:

1) Walnut Strands
2) Walnut Jefferson
3) Bourbon Strand without medallion
4) Walnut PA to replace the size 6.5E that I own and have to sell?

Is the bourbon and dark brown burnished too similar? Also, I'm not a fan of the McAllister but do like the Jefferson and I'm iffy on the Fifth Ave. Thoughts? Thanks!

Won, that's a lot of light shoes! I personally love lighter shoes, but you may want to consider a burgundy/merlot in the mix. Since you are already getting a strand, that second one sans the toe medallion may be a good candidate. May also try and Indepence-ize them, with the nicer lining, soles, and wheeling! Otherwise, all solid and classic AE shoes. Totally with you on the Jeffersons. Awesome shoes!

-Mike
post #442 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Won, that's a lot of light shoes! I personally love lighter shoes, but you may want to consider a burgundy/merlot in the mix. Since you are already getting a strand, that second one sans the toe medallion may be a good candidate. May also try and Indepence-ize them, with the nicer lining, soles, and wheeling! Otherwise, all solid and classic AE shoes. Totally with you on the Jeffersons. Awesome shoes!

-Mike

Haha I do love the lighter shoes Mike and I initially thought you said "wow." But that's how it usually is for me when people don't think Smith is my first name hah.

I just replied back to peppercorn in the AE thread with the following:

Hmm I just had a thought. I do really like the strands so maybe I could do this:

Return the dark brown burnished strands and get the strand in walnut, merlot, and bourbon (bourbon without medallion-I like the brown burnished pair that LeviMay posted in the MTO but prefer bourbon) and walnut Jefferson. I could make due with four since I'd only wear suits 4 days a week and I could just keep the walnut PAs as backup since I wouldn't get much in return and it's still wearable.

Also, I thought I read earlier in the thread that wheelings only allowed on the independence line even though you were able to get them on your latest MTO strands.

Smith
Edited by wonsmithr8 - 4/1/14 at 10:21am
post #443 of 2231

Invoice received... Incoming MTO... Here is to hoping for the best. :cheers:

post #444 of 2231
Nice! What's the makeup?
post #445 of 2231

^ Addison in Golden Brown CXL. All else the same.

post #446 of 2231
^ good luck B.
post #447 of 2231

if any 8.5 D's want a great deal on those Leeds I posted pics of the other day shoot me a PM...

post #448 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

if any 8.5 D's want a great deal on those Leeds I posted pics of the other day shoot me a PM...

 

Had I not already snagged a pair of Alden CXL PTB I would be all over them, are you planning a different MTO since they didn't quite come out the way you wanted?

post #449 of 2231

Gents, warm weather is on the horizon and naturally my thoughts turn to summer shoes.  This morning I was taking a long hard stare at these two pairs:

 

 

 

The latter I own, but the former I just purchased from BB.  Although I do like the former, it dawned on me that I might be able to do better by Allison.  So, I'm considering a spectator MTO in navy suede and off-white linen.  If I want to go the LWB route, I would start with the MacNeil; if shortwing bal, the Neumok.  Either way, I would want tone-on-tone stitching, flat natural welt, natural edge, single-leather sole, and maybe a TOPY.  (One thing I'm not sure about is whether having them be unlined would be desirable or even possible.)  I would wear them with loafer socks.

 

What do y'all think?

post #450 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

Had I not already snagged a pair of Alden CXL PTB I would be all over them, are you planning a different MTO since they didn't quite come out the way you wanted?

I am going to have them replaced the way I want buy have the ability to buy these at a very low price additionally and just wanted to offer it up to everyone here rather than returning them

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread