or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread - Page 28

post #406 of 4018
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post

Boys, I just took delivery of my MTO Golden Brown CXL MacNeil's. Very happy with them -- the tone of the golden brown Horween leather is very nice. Here are some snapshots and specs listed below.

MacNeil MTO:






Full Specs:
- MacNeil
-Leather: Golden Brown Chromexcel Leather
- Exposed antique brass eyelets
- Natural split reverse welt
- Natural edge dressing
- Double Rendenbach outsole
- Contrast tan Stitching
- Brown Leather Insole
- Off-White/Cream colored Welt Stitching Color

 

Those are exactly what I want to make/own.  I can't afford a MTO at the moment, but if I could that'd be exactly what I'd get.

 

Beautiful!

post #407 of 4018
Gentlemen, my new Promontory Point Brown Shell boots are in... aaaaand they're going back. They made three mistakes on them (and for nearly $700 boots that's not acceptable): 1. I requested natural welt and natural edge dressing and for some reason they did brown transparent on the sides while leaving the welt natural -- giving them an odd two tone look 2. I requested leather insole and instead they put poron in 3. I requested tan welt stitching and instead they used black

Before I pack them up for return, I snapped some shots for those interested:





Edited by bl@ster - 3/30/14 at 3:05am
post #408 of 4018
Weird that they did the same welt stitch error as mine. Sorry to hear that. It's super frustrating to wait and have them show up incorrect.
post #409 of 4018
That does give it a interesting two tone look.

Just curious though what size did you order?
post #410 of 4018
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post

Gentlemen, my new Promontory Point Brown Shell boots are in... aaaaand they're going back. They made three mistakes on them (and for nearly $700 boots that's not acceptable): 1. I requested natural welt and natural edge dressing and for some reason they did brown transparent on the sides while leaving the welt natural -- giving them an odd two tone look 2. I requested leather insole and instead they put poron in 3. I requested tan welt stitching and instead they used black

Before I pack them up for return, I snapped some shots for those interested: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




 

What a shame . . . they're pretty damn beautiful even in their current state!

post #411 of 4018
I really regret finding this thread quite late. I have been looking all over the place for cappucino and walnut cordovans, and now they're no longer available :-(
post #412 of 4018
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedashidofu View Post

I really regret finding this thread quite late. I have been looking all over the place for cappucino and walnut cordovans, and now they're no longer available :-(

Unfortunately by the time this thread was established, Walnut and Cappuccino Shell Cordovan were both gone.
post #413 of 4018
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post

Gentlemen, my new Promontory Point Brown Shell boots are in... aaaaand they're going back. They made three mistakes on them (and for nearly $700 boots that's not acceptable): 1. I requested natural welt and natural edge dressing and for some reason they did brown transparent on the sides while leaving the welt natural -- giving them an odd two tone look 2. I requested leather insole and instead they put poron in 3. I requested tan welt stitching and instead they used black

Before I pack them up for return, I snapped some shots for those interested:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Blaster, it's totally a shame those got messed up and aren't according to your design. Because they are absolutely beautiful. I don't blame you for returning though, if they aren't what you wanted, $700 is a hefty price tag. What size are they?
post #414 of 4018
Sad to hear about your boots blaster, makes me take a large gulp! I hope my mto comes out correct.

Like ryden boots look great but if it is not what you paid for back they should go.
post #415 of 4018

Hmm I know 6.5EEE (5 last) isn't a normally available size but would I be able to request that for MTO? Thought I was 6.5E but was able to pick up a 6.5EEE strands to try out and it's the most comfortable for me. Thanks!

post #416 of 4018
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonsmithr8 View Post

Hmm I know 6.5EEE (5 last) isn't a normally available size but would I be able to request that for MTO? Thought I was 6.5E but was able to pick up a 6.5EEE strands to try out and it's the most comfortable for me. Thanks!

If they have the last, they will do it for you.
post #417 of 4018
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonsmithr8 View Post

Hmm I know 6.5EEE (5 last) isn't a normally available size but would I be able to request that for MTO? Thought I was 6.5E but was able to pick up a 6.5EEE strands to try out and it's the most comfortable for me. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

If they have the last, they will do it for you.
What he said. I have the same problem on the opposite end (...14AA) and they've taken really good care of me. Drop a line to Allison.
post #418 of 4018
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

If they have the last, they will do it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by random-adam View Post


What he said. I have the same problem on the opposite end (...14AA) and they've taken really good care of me. Drop a line to Allison.

Thanks fellas, I'll definitely do that
post #419 of 4018

I've been toying with the idea of a Golden Brown CXL Carlyle for the office.  Not very conservative, but then again, neither is my office.

 

Also, would Allison laugh at me if I said I wanted a channeled sole with a fiddleback waist?  Is that something only more high-end shoemakers can do?

post #420 of 4018
Quote:
Originally Posted by diadem View Post
 

I've been toying with the idea of a Golden Brown CXL Carlyle for the office.  Not very conservative, but then again, neither is my office.

 

Also, would Allison laugh at me if I said I wanted a channeled sole with a fiddleback waist?  Is that something only more high-end shoemakers can do?

 

AE does not do that. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread