or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread - Page 111

post #1651 of 4722
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post


I prefer the Indy Sole myself as well. Same durability, to me similar comfort, but far more awesome looking.

I believe that they are only available if you are doing Indy quart calf or shell cordovan. I would always ask for wheeling, they can always say no.

-Mike

Thanks Mike (and pepper).  I have the Harrison (walnut and black) in calf and really like the independence sole as well.  I'm doing the Rutledge in brown shell, so think I will just stick with the Independence sole with the wheeled/fudged edges.  

post #1652 of 4722
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schucknasty View Post

Thanks Mike (and pepper).  I have the Harrison (walnut and black) in calf and really like the independence sole as well.  I'm doing the Rutledge in brown shell, so think I will just stick with the Independence sole with the wheeled/fudged edges.  

Sounds good. That should be a beauty.
post #1653 of 4722
So according to Allison, this "dark chili burnished" is a completely new shade that's being developed in-house by their head of finishing. To me , that sounds like it will be manipulated similarly to bourbon. I've requested samples, so will report back on my findings.
post #1654 of 4722
Dark chili you say? Interesting, is it something that can be requested MTO now?

I have been toying with the idea of a chili Mora, but this sounds interesting as well... lurker[1].gif
post #1655 of 4722
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

So according to Allison, this "dark chili burnished" is a completely new shade that's being developed in-house by their head of finishing. To me , that sounds like it will be manipulated similarly to bourbon. I've requested samples, so will report back on my findings.

Which current model has dark chili?
post #1656 of 4722
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

Which current model has dark chili?

So far, Carlyle and University.
post #1657 of 4722

Here are my black shell standard Rutledge with double Rendenbach sole, same size as Branock measure, Strand and Dundee. Ordered June 30, delivered July 30.

 

I have removed most of the wax to get to the underlying shell. The shell on one shoe is smooth and a bit rough on the other.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

The wheeling/fudging on these are different than on my Dundee. You can see the stitching on them. Whereas on the Dundee, the stitching is well concealed. I like the wheeling on the Dundee much better.

 

The shoes are not free of problems.

 

On both left and right shoes, the tongue were sewn skewed to the right, as a result, part of the tongue sticks out.

 

 

The midline on the back of the shoe are skewed to the outside on both shoes.

 

 

Overall, a nice pair of shoes. I do expect more attention to details and better craftsmanship for $650.

post #1658 of 4722
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatszu View Post

Here are my black shell standard Rutledge with double Rendenbach sole, same size as Branock measure, Strand and Dundee. Ordered June 30, delivered July 30.

I have removed most of the wax to get to the underlying shell. The shell on one shoe is smooth and a bit rough on the other.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




The wheeling/fudging on these are different than on my Dundee. You can see the stitching on them. Whereas on the Dundee, the stitching is well concealed. I like the wheeling on the Dundee much better.



The shoes are not free of problems.

On both left and right shoes, the tongue were sewn skewed to the right, as a result, part of the tongue sticks out.






The midline on the back of the shoe are skewed to the outside on both shoes.






Overall, a nice pair of shoes. I do expect more attention to details and better craftsmanship for $650.

I'm pretty tolerant of errors, but I do believe those should have been classified as seconds
post #1659 of 4722
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatszu View Post

Here are my black shell standard Rutledge with double Rendenbach sole, same size as Branock measure, Strand and Dundee. Ordered June 30, delivered July 30.

I have removed most of the wax to get to the underlying shell. The shell on one shoe is smooth and a bit rough on the other. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




The wheeling/fudging on these are different than on my Dundee. You can see the stitching on them. Whereas on the Dundee, the stitching is well concealed. I like the wheeling on the Dundee much better.



The shoes are not free of problems.

On both left and right shoes, the tongue were sewn skewed to the right, as a result, part of the tongue sticks out.






The midline on the back of the shoe are skewed to the outside on both shoes.






Overall, a nice pair of shoes. I do expect more attention to details and better craftsmanship for $650.

I'm pretty tolerant of errors, but I do believe those should have been classified as seconds

 

The midline on the right shoe is just bizarre.  How does that even happen?  I would be on the phone with Allison tomorrow if I were you.

post #1660 of 4722

These don't look first quality to me either.  I have already emailed Allison.  It looks like the upper were most lasted properly when they attached the welt and insole.  The fact that these were handmade by man, someone could've looked to make sure things were well aligned. "Measure twice, cut once."

post #1661 of 4722
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatszu View Post

These don't look first quality to me either.  I have already emailed Allison.  It looks like the upper were most lasted properly when they attached the welt and insole.  The fact that these were handmade by man, someone could've looked to make sure things were well aligned. "Measure twice, cut once."
That's pretty bad for first quality. Hope Allison would be able to remedy the situation for you.
post #1662 of 4722

if you decide to go for remake and those are 10D...

post #1663 of 4722
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


... those should have been classified as seconds

 

If that. I wouldn't want them as seconds, to be honest. It's mistakes like that, actually, that make me worry about ordering seconds. (With international shipping, anyway; I wouldn't worry about it if I lived in the U.S.)

post #1664 of 4722
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
 

if you decide to go for remake and those are 10D...


it's 6.5E

post #1665 of 4722
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

PSA . . . to those of you (like me) who were truly inspired by this MTO and were thinking about using the same leather in an MTO of your own, I just placed my order and Allison told me that mine will be the last one to use that leather (as they are saving the rest of it for the Wolverines).  So, sorry to be the bearer of this bad news for y'all . . . but hooray for me!

And, thanks again to @bl@ster
 for the inspiration.

Haha just got an email and Allison confirmed she would allow me to do an MTO with the russet brown dublin. Yahoo!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread