or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › + DRIES VAN NOTEN +
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

+ DRIES VAN NOTEN + - Page 19

post #271 of 371
You mean the Frederic Malle one?
post #272 of 371
Yup!
post #273 of 371

What's everyone's favourite Dries season(s)? I'm very biased towards SS15 - everything about the runway show and a good chunk of the pieces really resonated with me. I'd love to be able to find a full video of it.

 

Still on the hunt for some of the holster shirts and belted pants, plus the buttonless pyjama shirt.

post #274 of 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobradley View Post
 

What's everyone's favourite Dries season(s)? I'm very biased towards SS15 - everything about the runway show and a good chunk of the pieces really resonated with me. I'd love to be able to find a full video of it.

 

Still on the hunt for some of the holster shirts and belted pants, plus the buttonless pyjama shirt.

 

Probably SS2014; I loved the floral prints that season -- that black/gold floral print is gorgeous

 

post #275 of 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobradley View Post

What's everyone's favourite Dries season(s)? I'm very biased towards SS15 - everything about the runway show and a good chunk of the pieces really resonated with me. I'd love to be able to find a full video of it.

Still on the hunt for some of the holster shirts and belted pants, plus the buttonless pyjama shirt.

The same for me
post #276 of 371
Thread Starter 
SS2006 4eva
post #277 of 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyriverz View Post
 

 

Probably SS2014; I loved the floral prints that season -- that black/gold floral print is gorgeous

 

I loved that season, too - the dark floral was a really nice twist on a summer wardrobe. Doesn't hurt that I managed to pick up one of the printed blazers for next to nothing :tounge:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post

SS2006 4eva

 

Any particular looks or anything? I haven't actually checked out much of Dries' work pre-FW13 (when I started getting ~into fashion~ in a designer sense)

post #278 of 371
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobradley View Post
 

Any particular looks or anything? I haven't actually checked out much of Dries' work pre-FW13 (when I started getting ~into fashion~ in a designer sense)

 

I pretty much like the whole collection and that there are lots of suits and outerwear but also a lot of casual things like linen shirts, embroidery and graphic elements. The theme was loosely "Salvador Dali at the beach in Spain after a long night of partying" which is okay in my book. I have a few things from this season which I love even tho I hadn't discovered Dries until a couple years later. 

post #279 of 371

I went back to take a look at that collection. Excellent stuff. I feel like I enjoy Dries' SS a lot more than his FW (usually)

post #280 of 371

I love his prints the most: they are just (usually) the right amount of decadence and good taste combined.

post #281 of 371

x-post

 

Maybe not the right topic but I'm looking for a very specific item from dries from SS16

It's a pair of trousers
Cut: peeler
Fabric code: 1345 (black)
And in size 46

 

Any idea which shop could have it? Open to anywhere in the world (tried already flagship stores in Paris and Antwerp, + some online places)

post #282 of 371

My work stocks Dries (no online though). I don't think we have any black trousers but I can definitely check for you.  

post #283 of 371
That would be awesome, thanks!

The fabric used is this one (displayed in navy here)
post #284 of 371
Thread Starter 

I can't remember -- or find -- the full list of online stockists. I should have put one on the first page. But here are some I have bookmarked:

 

Barneys

The Corner

Totokaelo

Browns

End.

Autograph

Yoox

Mohawk General Store

MAC sf

Tres-Bien

post #285 of 371
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › + DRIES VAN NOTEN +