Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Pitti Uomo 87 in pictures Last post on 2/6/15 at 12:56pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:59 am in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 3/27/17 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 7:20 am in Classic Menswear
- Suit & Sport Coats - All under $49! OR BEST OFFER (I need to move some inventory so make an... Last post on 1/12/12 at 12:29pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
Last edited: 1/29/16
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 1/21/16
- A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s Clobber in It Happened...Last edited: 3/9/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum - Page 43post #631 of 20715/29/14 at 8:50ampost #632 of 20715/29/14 at 8:53amThread Starterpost #633 of 20715/29/14 at 9:16ampost #634 of 20715/29/14 at 1:07pmpost #635 of 20715/29/14 at 1:11pmpost #636 of 20715/29/14 at 2:32pmpost #637 of 20716/1/14 at 9:42pmThread StarterQuote:I think a little more conversation might be nice. But up to the OP.
I would love more discussion! Like I've said, I'm just compiling these pictures. Anyone can do anything with them that they wish, in this thread or elsewhere.
Another batch:Originally Posted by EliodAQuote:Originally Posted by Coxsackie
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Originally Posted by Pliny
Originally Posted by Pliny
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Originally Posted by Pingson
More pics: (Click to show)Originally Posted by Monkeyface
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers
post #638 of 20716/1/14 at 11:17pmQuote:
Ok, I'm going to give it a go, to see if we can start some discussion. Over all, I think this is a really nice batch, some great fits and especially beautiful photography & scenery.
@EFV got a load of thumbs and deservedly so, it looks like a professional photo shoot for a high end magazine. And his partner dressing in comparable style makes it complete. But, TBH, it's hard to make out the details of his fit. Other than a general impression of a well fitting (if somewhat short) suit and a very elegant way of wearing a hat, it's hard to say anything about shirt and/or tie combo. And only the second time looking, I noticed the blue tassel loafers, not a favourite of mine, I'm afraid.
Of course, the quality of the pics always plays a big part but then again, one gives a thumb up if one likes what he sees, so it's all part of the game IMO, nothing unfair there.
@DonCologne's talent for colour combinations is again illustrated here, and for once (forgive the snipe, Don) the shoes are nice here.
My least favourite of this batch (and please, don't take this personally, i just hope to get some discussion going) is the fit of @chocsosa. I understand from your comments that you kind of had to throw this fit together due to circumstances (the extreme heat, right?), but I'm afraid it shows. IMO this is not up to your usual high standards. I think a less busy shirt and/or tie and somewhat more 'summery' shoes would have helped a lot here.
@Braddock has show us fits that are a lot better than this one, IMO (too much going on for my taste), but then he makes up with jealousy inducing scenery!
I really like the subtle fit of @sugarbutch here. His choice of using a rather pale, low contrast tie accentuates the nice colour coordination between the light grey suit and his hair/beard colour. A good example of how someone with a rich complexion can make a low contrast fit work.
But my favourite of this batch has to be @tchoy, for the perfect fit of his suit and the understated elegance of the combo. His relaxed pose tops it off, just superb!post #639 of 20716/1/14 at 11:19pmThread Starterpost #640 of 20716/2/14 at 12:30am^ Hands down. As i said in WAYWRN, that is one of the best fits I've seen on SF. No flash, just perfect fit and colour combination. I almost never save pics on my computer for future inspiration, but I had to save that one.
As for my own fit. I mostly wanted to try out my new camera, so we took it for a spin in one of the most beautiful spots near our apartment. I suspect the setting was the reason for the many thumbs, but I also quite enjoyed that fit and will probably be wearing variations of that combination more times.
All in all, a batch of good to great fits. There are no fits there that doesn't belong in the 20 thumb thread imho.post #641 of 20716/2/14 at 2:32am
I agree with you EFV..you and Tchoy totally took it.. as for mine being the least favorite of Eloida..thats totally fine.. The only thing on my side that I feel I would have changed is the shirt..you are correct that it was too busy for the suit.. I did have another option that would have worked better.. but the shirt was a little thicker..in that weather outside it would not have worked.. the tie is a solid knit tie, perfectly acceptable for summer.. as for summer shoes.. you might have a point there.. the only summer shoes I have are loafers which I would not wear to a wedding..so some points I agree with and others I dont...my favorite outift was braddocks..the colors and pattern mixing was sublime..everyone in the list did a great job with fit (atleast those that I could see from a full body pic)..Im not a fan of burnt orange ties in general but I think you made it look as good as it could be..hard to do Eloida and Don (sort of)..Pingsons outfit is more my style and as usual did a very elegant and understated job with his latest offering..overall this was a great batchpost #642 of 20716/2/14 at 5:35am
Thanks Elio for getting this started. Very nice all on the fits. A few things that jumped out at me
1. Sotiris' linen tie with the suit (I think it's a fresco).
2. Sander's choice of a pink shirt to go with the cream jacket.
3. Tchoy's nice use of green with the gray suit.
They pop a little for me in that they aren't necessarily the first choice I would have gone with (e.g. neat, light blue shirt, blue neat in order, to pick obvious color/category choices). But I also quite like Elio's use of color, texture and pattern (see the close up). The check is bordering perhaps on the too large size but I quite like it...with the burnt orange, it's got a nice joie de vivre.post #643 of 20716/2/14 at 5:40am
BTW, since Clags has reiterated that this thread can be a forum for discussion, might I suggest that we kick up rather than down in future discussions (not that any of you were suggesting otherwise)?
That is, rather than critiquing a fit for not belonging, those posters (and I'd love to hear from all of the above) choose a fit occasionally that missed the 20thumbs but worthy of notice. No need to discourse too much on thumbs, but there's a "mob" effect of course. I'm interested in fits where Clags, Chocosa, EFV, Elio, Stitches, Sugarbutch and Pingson thumb but no one else does (to make up an example) that I think worth bringing to the fore occasionally and discussing. That would be instructive. Maybe I will look for one, but AM SF time is now drawing to a close so it will be later in the day.post #644 of 20716/4/14 at 12:51amThread StarterOriginally Posted by Sotiris
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Originally Posted by in stitches
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Originally Posted by Cleav
More & details! (Click to show)Originally Posted by luv2breformed Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quarters are a bit too closed for my tastes. Shoulders are not as clean as I hoped.
I will be looking for a replacement, but for now I think it fits well enough to continue wearing.
I like these lightweight pants. I expect to use them a lot this season.
Tie and shoes might be a bit matchy.Originally Posted by upr_crust
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Originally Posted by Academic2post #645 of 20716/9/14 at 12:55pm
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 55 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Kiton Cashmere Linen Silk Sports Jacket 8 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 11 minutes ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 12 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 18 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...