I think this goes for everyone posting in WAYWRN. Not all are successful in their endeavour though. What I like about UC is consistency. He knows what he likes and sticks to it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Pitti Uomo 87 in pictures Last post on 2/6/15 at 12:56pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 3:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit & Sport Coats - All under $49! OR BEST OFFER (I need to move some inventory so make an... Last post on 1/12/12 at 12:29pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
Last edited: 1/29/16
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 1/21/16
- A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s Clobber in It Happened...Last edited: 3/9/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum - Page 29post #421 of 19164/17/14 at 11:34pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #422 of 19164/18/14 at 2:56ampost #423 of 19164/18/14 at 5:38amQuote:Originally Posted by DonCologne
I like every of your outfits much more than most of the 20+ thumbs outfits you can see here.
Every single outift from you is authentic and I can see your style. Many others with more thumbs are trying to copy other styles (Much blogger blue outfits) and forget to devolpe an own individual style.
When I look at the most outfits, I can see a blue sports coat, a light blue shirt, a brown grenadine tie, grey flanell trousers...
When I look at your outfits, I can see a gentleman in the best age, who has a dignified aura and the clothes shows this.Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by Academic2
Those who know it can recognize the opening of Beethoven’s Eroica Symphony just from the attack of the first chord, and one can recognize a work of Vermeer as such even if all one can see is a tiny fragment of the canvas showing the portrayal of sunlight through a window.
Similarly there are contributors to the WAYWRN thread who are so clearly focused on how they want to look that one would know who they are even if looking at only a very small portion of their fit. Upr_crust is one. And I could recognize Claghorn just by looking at the collar buttoning of his shirt.
I am flattered by all the attention and comments. Now I merely have to live up to your collective expectations.post #424 of 19164/18/14 at 11:12pmThread Starter
A sort of unusual batch here. I'm sad that the French peacock didn't quite make the cut.
Suit - Gieves & Hawkes
Tie - Marinella
PS - PSmith
Shirt - Canali
Shoes - J Lobb
Originally Posted by Pliny
Originally Posted by Cotton DockersOriginally Posted by Cleav
More & details (Click to show)post #425 of 19164/19/14 at 1:52pmpost #426 of 19164/20/14 at 8:56am
I make a horrible robo pose and since I have some problems with my back, it´s much more relaxed to make the first pic sitting.
It was a lucky coincidence, that my landlord arrange that lovely bench in the back yard simultaneously with my back injury.post #427 of 19164/20/14 at 9:24amQuote:
It suits you DC, you look so relaxed and at ease with yourselfpost #428 of 19164/20/14 at 9:36amQuote:
Sorry to hear about your back injury, but I liked the robo pose. It's harder to get an idea of the fit when you sit down, and one of the things I've really liked about your posts is that you have found a good sense of fit.post #429 of 19164/22/14 at 9:07amThread StarterOriginally Posted by eviltimeban
Originally Posted by Anden
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Originally Posted by Shen
Originally Posted by EFV
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Originally Posted by kulata
Misc Deets (Click to show)Milanese buttonhole
Luxire shirringpost #430 of 19164/22/14 at 11:15amI am amused that I just won a Friday Challenge with a fit that didn't garner 20 thumbs in the main thread. Coincidentally, it got 15 votes and 15 thumbs (as of this post, of course). (Not linking to the post so that no one misconstrues this as a plea for more thumbs.)
I quite liked it, though.post #431 of 19164/22/14 at 1:09pmpost #432 of 19164/22/14 at 3:40pmpost #433 of 19164/22/14 at 10:06pmpost #434 of 19164/22/14 at 10:34pmThread Starter
- WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Suggestions for chunky/heavy sweaters with shorter sleeves? 20 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 57 seconds ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 1 minute ago
- › Wooden Rocking Horse UK 1 minute ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 1 minute ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?