Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Pitti Uomo 87 in pictures Last post on 2/6/15 at 12:56pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 8:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 5:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 12/2/16 at 2:29pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit & Sport Coats - All under $49! OR BEST OFFER (I need to move some inventory so make an... Last post on 1/12/12 at 12:29pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
Last edited: 1/29/16
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 1/21/16
- A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s Clobber in It Happened...Last edited: 3/9/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum - Page 12post #166 of 20703/15/14 at 9:36pmpost #167 of 20703/15/14 at 9:39pmpost #168 of 20703/16/14 at 12:59ampost #169 of 20703/17/14 at 4:28pmThread Starter
Another quality batch. We could rename this thread "Pingson's Primer in Soporific Dressing"Quote:Originally Posted by Pingson
Thanks for all the thumbs yesterday. Another relatively low-key fit today....
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Teaching new assistant at work the noble art of taking selfies (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by in stitches
BONUS SEATED POSE!!! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Rudals
My FC Entry.Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by Robs89
Jacket - ISAIA Napoli, Shirt - Pelote MTM, Pants - Lubiam, Tie - Viola Milano, Pocket Square - Christian Kimber, Watch - Rolex Submariner, Shoes - MeerminQuote:Originally Posted by EFV
Wearing my tweed while there's weather for it.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Robs89
Jacket - Michelangelo, Pants - Corneliani, Shirt - Eric Skoglund MTM, Tie - Drake's London, Pocket Square - AD56, Shoes - Loake 1880Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
New week, new suit . . .
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #170 of 20703/17/14 at 4:34pmpost #171 of 20703/17/14 at 5:00pmpost #172 of 20703/18/14 at 1:54am
Personally I think it's stupid to make 20 likes the criterion. There are some really shitty outfits that somehow got 20 likes and then there are tons of great ones that were overlooked.
I was asked to select my five favourite fits from those previously posted so here they are.
Quote:Originally Posted by Butler
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:post #173 of 20703/18/14 at 2:43amThread Starter
All lists are a bit silly. But the 20 thumb idea is self-curating which means that anybody can contribute cross posts from the main thread. Obviously some great ones are left out, and a few odd ones get included (Pingson actually asked that one of his fits be removed as it...well...wasn't good...though it was for a Friday challenge)
Anyway, I'll post your five in a separate thread after I finish asking folks and compiling their preferences.post #174 of 20703/18/14 at 2:56amQuote:
Disagree! While this list is not perfect, it's still a great compilation! Junge!post #175 of 20703/18/14 at 5:53amQuote:
I haven't seen any really shitty outfits in this thread. Really shitty is a completely different thing. There are some fits that are just "decent" though (I may or may not be among those myself).
I do agree however, that there are great ones that are overlooked. Sometimes there are new posters that are on a very high level from the start but doesn't get much love, mainly because they're new.post #176 of 20703/18/14 at 6:11amThread Starterpost #177 of 20703/18/14 at 6:31amquite clear that the clapster likes the gray, but a pretty nice top 5 indeed.
i understand the criticism of the 20 like criterion, but its the most objective (not that the likes themselves are objective, rather the method) way of differentiating as far as i see it. sure there are fits here with 20 likes that are not great, some of mine included, but for the most part, its a very solid compendium, and if clags wants to include some that did not hit 20 but he deems excellent, i shall not argue.post #178 of 20703/18/14 at 7:06amQuote:
Yes, but they pretty much appeal to the SF audience by adhering to already established criteria for what makes up a good outfit (plus the quality of the pictures were great). Robs89 caught some critique due to more youthful fit (i.e. tighter & shorter than SF average), but all the other elements were SF darlings (flannel pants, blue SC, brown tie et c). It was quite another story when, for example, Tira started posting IIRC. It took some time for everyone to warm to his pretty unique (but brilliant) set of aesthetics.post #179 of 20703/18/14 at 7:12amThree of my fits that got over 20 votes in the past 2 months or so but somehow missed this thread. #ShamelessPlug:happy:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Conspiracy?post #180 of 20703/18/14 at 7:52amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by kulata
Three of my fits that got over 20 votes in the past 2 months or so but somehow missed this thread. #ShamelessPlug:happy: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Conspiracy?
Shit. Two of those were overlooked by me. One I just hadn't gotten to. Anyway. My error absolutely calls for your shameless plug.
Of the three, I like the middle the most.
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 46 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 6 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 6 minutes ago
- › Felix Flair Burgundy Tassel Slippers Size 11 9 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 15 minutes ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 16 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 20 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 29 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway