Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Pitti Uomo 87 in pictures Last post on 2/6/15 at 12:56pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:19 am in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 2/24/17 at 5:24am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 2/22/17 at 8:01am in Classic Menswear
- Suit & Sport Coats - All under $49! OR BEST OFFER (I need to move some inventory so make an... Last post on 1/12/12 at 12:29pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
Last edited: 1/29/16
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 1/21/16
- A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s Clobber in It Happened...Last edited: 3/9/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum - Page 77post #1141 of 207110/20/14 at 10:34ampost #1142 of 207110/20/14 at 10:52ampost #1143 of 207110/20/14 at 10:59amThread StarterQuote:
Thumbing has become increasingly liberal since starting this thread. I don't think this is a bad thing, as the greater volume of thumbs allows for a more rigorous understanding of what has been approved of by the crowd (two fits that would have got an 8 and a 10 a couple of years ago might now get a 16 and a 20, highlighting the difference in quality per crowd standards)
But I've been toying with the idea of increasing the thumb minimum to 25. Thoughts?post #1144 of 207110/20/14 at 11:14amQuote:
Best batch. Everybody gets an award and Braddock has been firing on all cylinders lately.post #1145 of 207110/20/14 at 11:35amPrevious
Best suit fit: EliodA. That attolini looks damn good on you.
Best Odd jacket fit: Gino Abruzzo
Notable mention: Chocsosa's cute daughter
Notable mention: Acridsheep congratulations!
Best FU detail: Clarinetplayer's lapel
Best suit fit: SeamasterLux. So many good suits but one is a Camps de Luca
Best Odd jacket fit: Anden
Notable mention: Coxsackie's bold fit
Notable mention 2: Cleav and Tchoy being impeccable as usual. They make it look easy
What this thread needs is more commentary. Raising thumbs threshold is not going to prevent average fits and will only limit the number of good fits in this very successful thread. We all know that the number of thumbs is not directly correlated to the quality of the individual fit and we have a lot of excellent fits not getting past 16 thumbs coz the wearer isn't well known and then we have head shots.
Edited by kulata - 10/20/14 at 12:31pmpost #1146 of 207110/20/14 at 11:42ampost #1147 of 207110/20/14 at 11:45ampost #1148 of 207110/20/14 at 12:46pmpost #1149 of 207110/20/14 at 1:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
One of the few benefits of not trawling through WAYWRN on a daily basis is that when I compile, I think I'm less likely to miss fits. It used to be, having seen many of the fits multiple times, I'd quickly skim through the thread, leading to some fits being skipped. This time, almost every fit was new to me, so I was thumbing as I went and don't think I missed any.
SF Favorite: tchoy (36)
Claghorn's Jury Prize: Gerry Nelson / tchoy / Noodles
Best Use of Grey: Murl / Cleav (chalk stripe) / Cleav
I don't care about anything else now. I got a Jury Prize!!!!!!
Woohoo! Thank you, Clags!post #1150 of 207110/20/14 at 6:33pmpost #1151 of 207110/20/14 at 8:55pmpost #1152 of 207110/20/14 at 10:31pmQuote:
Thanks, my man. I must admit I'm rather pleased with it as well.Quote:Best suit fit: SeamasterLux. So many good suits but one is a Camps de Luca
This. I find it suprising that this fit only got 24 likes. Which leads us to this:Quote:What this thread needs is more commentary. Raising thumbs threshold is not going to prevent average fits and will only limit the number of good fits in this very successful thread. We all know that the number of thumbs is not directly correlated to the quality of the individual fit and we have a lot of excellent fits not getting past 16 thumbs coz the wearer isn't well known and then we have head shots.
I would love to see more discussion about the fits in this thread. We've tried that a few times before though and the response was at best lukewarm... Then again, this thread delivers exactly what the title suggests: a compilation of WAYWRN fits that got 20 thumbs or more. That's all. No claims about quality or so.
However, more discussion would be good for this thread, I think. So just for the heck of it, I did this:
I just browsed through this thread and selected pics that 'spoke' to me. Please feel free to discuss, critique or amend my selection.
(I intentionally removed the poster's names, though most of them are familiar faces anyway...)post #1153 of 207110/20/14 at 11:21pmpost #1154 of 207110/21/14 at 12:10am
I rarely chime in with opinions..due to the fact that style is very subjective..but here goes.. my one thing that I look for primarily when giving a thumb is I need a full pic.. from at least the shoulders to the shoes...so I can get more of a visual idea versus a shirt tie and p.s pic..then I look for coherence..one thing I noticed with your pics elio is that for the most part those pictures looked really good.. good natural light, above average camera (or so it seems) and coherent outfits.. I feel that the amount of posters with good fits has increased a lot from where it was 3-4 years ago..you are seeing more first time posters who are posting really good outfits than posters posting mediocre outfits and thus the increase in thumbs..yes there are some that benefit from a popularity standpoint on SF but IMO most of those posters have earned and continue still to put up good fit pics..just my two cents..post #1155 of 207110/21/14 at 12:13amQuote:Originally Posted by EliodA
Welcome back, Clags! My favourite of that last batch must be @SeamasterLux. Gorgeous suit.
Thanks a lot! I recognize your liking of French tailoring :D
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 10 seconds ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 4th OF MARCH 2017 - THE DRAMATIC LOOK 37 seconds ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 54 seconds ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 59 seconds ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Where is your style going? 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...