Fine, I'll edit my post.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Pitti Uomo 87 in pictures Last post on 2/6/15 at 12:56pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:01 am in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:20 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 2:18 pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit & Sport Coats - All under $49! OR BEST OFFER (I need to move some inventory so make an... Last post on 1/12/12 at 12:29pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
Last edited: 1/29/16
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 1/21/16
- A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s Clobber in It Happened...Last edited: 3/9/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum - Page 75post #1111 of 207110/15/14 at 1:48pmpost #1112 of 207110/15/14 at 1:49pmpost #1113 of 207110/15/14 at 1:54pmpost #1114 of 207110/15/14 at 1:55pmpost #1115 of 207110/15/14 at 8:11pmpost #1116 of 207110/15/14 at 8:30pmpost #1117 of 207110/15/14 at 8:39pmpost #1118 of 207110/15/14 at 8:43pmThread Starterpost #1119 of 207110/15/14 at 8:57pmpost #1120 of 207110/15/14 at 9:10pmpost #1121 of 207110/16/14 at 2:04ampost #1122 of 207110/16/14 at 2:07am
Correct me if I'm wrong but Tirailleur doesn't like that phrase since it implies some immutability in style, usually associated with tailored clothes. He's often made the point that even those things change, though over a longer arc.
I don't think he's averse to someone's saying that dressed both well and conservatively.post #1123 of 207110/16/14 at 2:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Cleav
Today, still dodging the rain...
More & Details (Click to show)Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by Isolation
At ze noodles behest, I submit, my first three piece suit:
This is my first suit with a tailor in Hong Kong, and we needed 5+ fittings to get it right (I have a huge drop apparently). The trousers ended up being too narrow, but I'm happy with it overall and the next ones improved on the remaining problems. I'll hopefully post some of those soon.
Cox: I really like that outfit. If there's any shoulder/hip discrepancy, it's not too obvious to me.Quote:Originally Posted by SeaJen
Seriously, I don't have time for this, yet here I am....my priorities!!!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
This evening is the members' preview of Matisse cut-outs at the Modern, and it is to be rather cool out, thus a perfect excuse to drag yet something else out from the back of the closet.
Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - BB
Tie - Charvet
Braces - New & Lingwood
Cufflinks - Niletti Creations, NYC
Vintage watch chain
Boots - Paul Stuart
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey
- snap! (well, almost, mine's only a two-piece...)
More blue and brown today. I wore this awesome vintage NOS guards coat into work, even though it is too warm for the current weather, because it's going to my alterations tailor to get the sleeves shortened (see spoilered pictures). Other deets: PRL (Made in Italy so probably Caruso?) suit, Conrad Wu raw silk tie, BB Golden Fleece short, Vintage mid-century Norwegian links and tie bar (a little too high in the spoilered picture, so now moved down...), vintage PS, worn with (unseen black C&J Hallams).
Other pictures showing current coat fit and details of suit & tie (Click to show)
People's Jury Prize - Anden (43)
Clag's Jury Prize - Incontro & Cleav (!)
Cleav's Jury Prize - Chocsosa & Upr
Honourable mention(s) - Isolation (debut)post #1124 of 207110/16/14 at 2:58ampost #1125 of 207110/16/14 at 3:04amQuote:
A very well deserved 43 too Anden.
Thanks re the shirt. I bought the cloth via these boards and had my tailor make it up. Really pleased with the outcome.
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
Currently, there are 1216 Active Users (328 Members and 888 Guests)
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 2 minutes ago
- › Barbour Mens Medium Ariel Jacket in Olive...unworn...NWT 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Forme d'Expression F/W Convertible Coat – sz 50 5 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...