I think this goes for everyone posting in WAYWRN. Not all are successful in their endeavour though. What I like about UC is consistency. He knows what he likes and sticks to it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Pitti Uomo 87 in pictures Last post on 2/6/15 at 12:56pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:45 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:00 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 3/26/15 at 5:35pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit & Sport Coats - All under $49! OR BEST OFFER (I need to move some inventory so make an... Last post on 1/12/12 at 12:29pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s Clobber in It Happened...Last edited: 3/9/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum - Page 29post #421 of 15504/17/14 at 11:34pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #422 of 15504/18/14 at 2:56ampost #423 of 15504/18/14 at 5:38amQuote:Originally Posted by DonCologne
I like every of your outfits much more than most of the 20+ thumbs outfits you can see here.
Every single outift from you is authentic and I can see your style. Many others with more thumbs are trying to copy other styles (Much blogger blue outfits) and forget to devolpe an own individual style.
When I look at the most outfits, I can see a blue sports coat, a light blue shirt, a brown grenadine tie, grey flanell trousers...
When I look at your outfits, I can see a gentleman in the best age, who has a dignified aura and the clothes shows this.Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by Academic2
Those who know it can recognize the opening of Beethoven’s Eroica Symphony just from the attack of the first chord, and one can recognize a work of Vermeer as such even if all one can see is a tiny fragment of the canvas showing the portrayal of sunlight through a window.
Similarly there are contributors to the WAYWRN thread who are so clearly focused on how they want to look that one would know who they are even if looking at only a very small portion of their fit. Upr_crust is one. And I could recognize Claghorn just by looking at the collar buttoning of his shirt.
I am flattered by all the attention and comments. Now I merely have to live up to your collective expectations.post #424 of 15504/18/14 at 11:12pmThread Starter
A sort of unusual batch here. I'm sad that the French peacock didn't quite make the cut.
Suit - Gieves & Hawkes
Tie - Marinella
PS - PSmith
Shirt - Canali
Shoes - J Lobb
Originally Posted by Pliny
Originally Posted by Cotton DockersOriginally Posted by Cleav
More & details (Click to show)post #425 of 15504/19/14 at 1:52pmpost #426 of 15504/20/14 at 8:56am
I make a horrible robo pose and since I have some problems with my back, it´s much more relaxed to make the first pic sitting.
It was a lucky coincidence, that my landlord arrange that lovely bench in the back yard simultaneously with my back injury.post #427 of 15504/20/14 at 9:24amQuote:
It suits you DC, you look so relaxed and at ease with yourselfpost #428 of 15504/20/14 at 9:36amQuote:
Sorry to hear about your back injury, but I liked the robo pose. It's harder to get an idea of the fit when you sit down, and one of the things I've really liked about your posts is that you have found a good sense of fit.post #429 of 15504/22/14 at 9:07amThread StarterOriginally Posted by eviltimeban
Originally Posted by Anden
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Originally Posted by Shen
Originally Posted by EFV
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Originally Posted by kulata
Misc Deets (Click to show)Milanese buttonhole
Luxire shirringpost #430 of 15504/22/14 at 11:15amI am amused that I just won a Friday Challenge with a fit that didn't garner 20 thumbs in the main thread. Coincidentally, it got 15 votes and 15 thumbs (as of this post, of course). (Not linking to the post so that no one misconstrues this as a plea for more thumbs.)
I quite liked it, though.post #431 of 15504/22/14 at 1:09pmpost #432 of 15504/22/14 at 3:40pmpost #433 of 15504/22/14 at 10:06pmpost #434 of 15504/22/14 at 10:34pmThread Starter
- WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 1 minute ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 2 minutes ago
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 5 minutes ago
- › The Definitive MANBAG Thread, Part II: 2014~ 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR... 11 minutes ago
- › Memento Clothing Kansas Caviar Grey Peak Lapel Blazer 46 36 12 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 13 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 14 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...