or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Next week’s Challenge is up:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Next week’s Challenge is up: - Page 2

Poll Results: Best Non Navy Blue Ensemble?

Poll expired: Feb 24, 2014 This is a multiple choice poll
  • 21% (13)
    Murlsquirl
  • 3% (2)
    EliodA
  • 6% (4)
    GMMcL
  • 13% (8)
    Monkeyface
  • 24% (15)
    Anden
  • 6% (4)
    Coxsackie
  • 19% (12)
    upr_crust
  • 4% (3)
    3piecesuitguy
  • 6% (4)
    Gerry Nelson
  • 32% (20)
    timotune
  • 1% (1)
    CousinDonuts
  • 27% (17)
    in stitches
  • 11% (7)
    StanleyVanBuren
  • 4% (3)
    Thin White Duke
  • 32% (20)
    TTO
  • 6% (4)
    Pliny
  • 13% (8)
    An Acute Style
  • 52% (32)
    Butler
61 Total Votes  
post #16 of 146

I don't know if it makes any difference at all, but the title of this thread seems a bit.. vague?

Other than that, all jolly good!

post #17 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwfullyNiceGuy View Post



Other than that, all jolly good!

You are too kind.

J
post #18 of 146

Good challenge, but I'm out.  I just checked.  I counted 12 solid navy blue sport coats.  No non-navy blue blues.  :fu:

post #19 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post

Good challenge, but I'm out.  I just checked.  I counted 12 solid navy blue sport coats.  No non-navy blue blues.  ffffuuuu.gif

Damn. I thought I was crazy for having 3 and wanting another.
post #20 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post


Damn. I thought I was crazy for having 3 and wanting another.

I have 2 DB, 3 SB with gold buttons, 2 cotton, 3 linen, 1 suede, and 1 waterproof nylon.  :embar:  Too much.  

post #21 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post

I have 2 DB, 3 SB with gold buttons, 2 cotton, 3 linen, 1 suede, and 1 waterproof nylon.  shog%5B1%5D.gif  Too much.  

Suède and waterproof nylon?! Have we ever seen those on SF?

The tropical climate here is good for lighter shades of blue. I have baby blue linen, mid blue fresco wool. Might play in this one...
post #22 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post


Suède and waterproof nylon?! Have we ever seen those on SF?

The tropical climate here is good for lighter shades of blue. I have baby blue linen, mid blue fresco wool. Might play in this one...

I don't wear them that often.  These pictures are both from last year.  The waterproof one is reversible.  

 

 

post #23 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post
 

I don't wear them that often.  These pictures are both from last year.  The waterproof one is reversible.  


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Love the suede one, such a deep shade of blue! Not so sure about the nylon one, though...

 

Thanks for posting!

post #24 of 146

i'm, seeing a lot of navy in these "inspiration" pics.     don't worry, i got this......:stirpot: 

post #25 of 146
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by size 38R View Post

i'm, seeing a lot of navy in these "inspiration" pics.     don't worry, i got this......stirpot.gif  

Must be your monitor! bigstar[1].gif
post #26 of 146
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

I strongly recommend that the deadline be moved up to Saturday night at the latest. Sunday deadline with 48 hours to vote severely compresses the schedule next week for whomever wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

Note that Sunday 1200 GMT is actually 7:00 AM EST for those in the US, and 4:00 AM PST - the difference between Saturday evening and Sunday morning, for most of us, will be rather moot. Cutoff of Sunday rather than Saturday (at least Saturday after sundown) also allows Stitchy to play, an important part of any contest in these parts, since he is our most ardent cheerleader.

That's fine by me - so when do you want it to be? bigstar[1].gif
post #27 of 146
I'll be breaking this out again...it's actually a suit, but I may pair it with odd trousers again..

488E5CC9-EEFE-447A-BC00-1322D8D68A75_zpsz6vjgx0g.jpg
post #28 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butler View Post


That's fine by me - so when do you want it to be? bigstar[1].gif

For myself, I'm happy with the date/time that you originally proposed, and, as it's your challenge (and an excellent one, IMHO, as it dovetails nicely with a new acquisition of mine), set the date/time to your own convenience.
post #29 of 146
a good start, murl.
post #30 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post

Damn. I thought I was crazy for having 3 and wanting another.

Hogwash! A girl once asked how many navy blazers I had, after a moment of thought I replied "Pretty sure I have less than twenty."

J
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Next week’s Challenge is up: