or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Next week’s Challenge is up:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Next week’s Challenge is up:

Poll Results: Best Non Navy Blue Ensemble?

Poll expired: Feb 24, 2014 This is a multiple choice poll
  • 21% (13)
    Murlsquirl
  • 3% (2)
    EliodA
  • 6% (4)
    GMMcL
  • 13% (8)
    Monkeyface
  • 24% (15)
    Anden
  • 6% (4)
    Coxsackie
  • 19% (12)
    upr_crust
  • 4% (3)
    3piecesuitguy
  • 6% (4)
    Gerry Nelson
  • 32% (20)
    timotune
  • 1% (1)
    CousinDonuts
  • 27% (17)
    in stitches
  • 11% (7)
    StanleyVanBuren
  • 4% (3)
    Thin White Duke
  • 32% (20)
    TTO
  • 6% (4)
    Pliny
  • 13% (8)
    An Acute Style
  • 52% (32)
    Butler
61 Total Votes  
post #1 of 146
Thread Starter 
FRIDAY 02.21.14: THE BLUE - NON NAVY - SUIT OR ODD JACKET CHALLENGE

The navy is a stable and universally liked, but perhaps one tends to forget the numerous other hues, which works in many textures and combinations, summer and winter alike, so our members from kinder climates can strut their stuff as well.
So let’s see your 2 and 3 piece suits or odd non navy blue coats – tie required, if patterned blue must be dominating color, no ventilated shoes – full shots mandatory, ¾ and back shots recommended!

• multi-voting will be allowed

Deadline for submission of pics is Sunday Feb 23, 12.00 GMT

Voting ends 48 hours after the deadline for submissions.

Good luck!
bigstar[1].gif

Some inspiration below:







https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/nz3zXFCi0gmw3qnN-yxrGDG6w7rdHKcZv_IXuj-YvRHE=w154-h229-p-




Edited by Butler - 2/19/14 at 8:50am
post #2 of 146

Nice one!

post #3 of 146
Great idea!

Get some folks out of their comfort zones.

Not sure if I can do a winter fit. Is it cheating to do a summer fit if I have 18" of snow outside my apartment?

J
post #4 of 146
This is a neat idea. I think I have a suit that should qualify!
post #5 of 146
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by J011yroger View Post

Great idea!

Get some folks out of their comfort zones.

Not sure if I can do a winter fit. Is it cheating to do a summer fit if I have 18" of snow outside my apartment?

J

If you promise to wear it for at least 1 hour, I will accept it bigstar[1].gif
post #6 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butler View Post

If you promise to wear it for at least 1 hour, I will accept it bigstar[1].gif

Cool,then I should be able to play.
post #7 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

This is a neat idea. I think I have a suit that should qualify!


Panta?
post #8 of 146
I strongly recommend that the deadline be moved up to Saturday night at the latest. Sunday deadline with 48 hours to vote severely compresses the schedule next week for whomever wins.
post #9 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

I strongly recommend that the deadline be moved up to Saturday night at the latest. Sunday deadline with 48 hours to vote severely compresses the schedule next week for whomever wins.

I second that emotion.

J
post #10 of 146
Note that Sunday 1200 GMT is actually 7:00 AM EST for those in the US, and 4:00 AM PST - the difference between Saturday evening and Sunday morning, for most of us, will be rather moot. Cutoff of Sunday rather than Saturday (at least Saturday after sundown) also allows Stitchy to play, an important part of any contest in these parts, since he is our most ardent cheerleader.
post #11 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

Cutoff of Sunday rather than Saturday (at least Saturday after sundown) also allows Stitchy to play, an important part of any contest in these parts, since he is our most ardent cheerleader.

Shabbos starts on Friday evening teacha.gif
post #12 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

Stitchy to play, an important part of any contest in these parts, since he is our most ardent cheerleader.

I'd hate to hear what he says to those for whom he is not cheering.

J
post #13 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

Panta?

Yerp!!
---

Crusty, you are a sweetheart. If I have to though, I can always post up in the challenge read on Thursday or Friday morning.

I'm half-asleep right now, so I'm not really processing all this time zone math.
post #14 of 146
Looking forward to seeing the entries on this one, but my only qualifying coat is a summer affair, and there's still snow on the ground. There should be some fun entries though.
post #15 of 146

:fu:

 

Might not enter to this one cause I'm going out of the city but this one is going to be a good challenge. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Next week’s Challenge is up: