or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 7

post #91 of 323
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dohare View Post

that is really odd. too much fabric between the two buttons there, aside from that, the shirt fits stellar in my opinion.

This is generally not a case of there being too much fabric between the two buttons. Here's a helpful post we made about how to debug this issue: Placket Bumps Out Just Below the Collar
post #92 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post


This is generally not a case of there being too much fabric between the two buttons. Here's a helpful post we made about how to debug this issue: Placket Bumps Out Just Below the Collar

This is interesting. I didn't read this post before Chris suggested changing my neck posture. I am very curious to see what comes on the 17th now... 

 

Thanks for a great product!

post #93 of 323

Wow. Just got my black denim in the mail this weekend. It is by far the most comfortable shirt I own. I haven't yet washed it yet, so it hasn't shrank, but so far the fit seems spot on. My only complaint is that the collar circumfrence is a little tight when fully buttoned. To be fair, its a casual shirt, and I will rarely wear a tie with it. We will see how it fares after I wash it.

 

But I am really really impressed. 

post #94 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by BolognaFingers View Post

Wow. Just got my black denim in the mail this weekend. It is by far the most comfortable shirt I own. I haven't yet washed it yet, so it hasn't shrank, but so far the fit seems spot on. My only complaint is that the collar circumfrence is a little tight when fully buttoned. To be fair, its a casual shirt, and I will rarely wear a tie with it. We will see how it fares after I wash it.

But I am really really impressed. 

Great to hear! Let us know how it comes out after the wash...
post #95 of 323
I've been very happy with every shirt, fabric and collar I've purchased from you guys so far for the past year, congrats on the success and thank you! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

However, I received a shirt with the Soft Milano Cutaway Collar made from the light blue 100's pinpoint - http://propercloth.com/fabrics/light-blue-100s-pinpoint-1008.html

The collar just falls flat and wrinkles/bunches up. It's dead and wrinkled no matter what I do to it. Collar stays don't seem to do much and I have not starched it yet. Can collars be replace on these shirts or adjusted some how? Maybe by inserting a lining in this particular one? I don't know if it's the fabric or a combination of both but it's just not working in it's current form. Is there anything I can do to try and save this shirt?

I know there may be some of these issues inherent with the style but it just looks bad. frown.gif
post #96 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post

I've been very happy with every shirt, fabric and collar I've purchased from you guys so far for the past year, congrats on the success and thank you! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

However, I received a shirt with the Soft Milano Cutaway Collar made from the light blue 100's pinpoint - http://propercloth.com/fabrics/light-blue-100s-pinpoint-1008.html

The collar just falls flat and wrinkles/bunches up. It's dead and wrinkled no matter what I do to it. Collar stays don't seem to do much and I have not starched it yet. Can collars be replace on these shirts or adjusted some how? Maybe by inserting a lining in this particular one? I don't know if it's the fabric or a combination of both but it's just not working in it's current form. Is there anything I can do to try and save this shirt?

I know there may be some of these issues inherent with the style but it just looks bad. frown.gif

Hi jungleroller--Sad to hear this one didn't work out for you. The Soft Milano does tend to have a more relaxed vibe, and sometimes there can be a bit of natural wrinkling, but it sounds like this is a little more than expected.

If you can shoot an email with a photo of it to contact@propercloth.com, we'll take and look and advise on how we can move forward. We want to make sure you're happy with the experience, so if need be I'm sure we can recut the shirt in a different collar style.
post #97 of 323
Hi Guys,
Just released some great new business fabrics today that we're pretty pumped about...

First up is a series of really soft 100s 2-ply fine twills. We're starting with a light blue, lavender, pink, navy, and black. The weave is very fine so they have very little texture. We think these could quickly become our go-to solids at the $120 price range.






Next we have two silky glen plaid broadcloths in light and dark shades of blue. The scale of the check is on the smaller side, so they're pretty easy to dress up or down. 60/1 x 60/1 compact construction.



Another great pattern for the office. These twill grids have some great texture and a more substantial weight. While we wouldn't call them heavy weight, they're very opaque and feel fairly dense.



Finally, a range of 100s 2-ply blue end-on-ends. Past customers have always wanted a greater selection of blue end on ends, so we got every shade of blue the mill had!





As always, let me know what you guys think of the new fabrics. Also got some beauties from Canclini back in stock. Will post those tomorrow!
post #98 of 323

Hi guys, just got my first Proper Cloth shirt (first mtm shirt of any brand, actually). I'd greatly appreciate some feedback on the fit. Pics as follows:

 

 

 

 

 

As for my impressions on the shirt and company, I'm impressed with the quality of the shirt. It seems to be very well-made and the fabric is excellent. The hidden button down collar is neat, and I like the distinct touch of the tall buttons. The luster of the MOP isn't very good, however. That's the main downside that I see. I think I'd be happy with the shirt for the price if it was OTR; the fact that I can get it custom tailored to my body really sets it apart. I also like that PC takes some of the guesswork out of choosing a fabric by posting detailed specs and offering to send what turns out to be a free sample swatch. I liked the cross-hatch white Albini cloth sample that I got quite a bit, but unfortunately it appears that they've sold out.

post #99 of 323
Quote:

Originally Posted by ccallis View Post

Hi Guys,
Just released some great new business fabrics today that we're pretty pumped about...
 

<snip>

 

As always, let me know what you guys think of the new fabrics. Also got some beauties from Canclini back in stock. Will post those tomorrow!

 

Man o man.... Looks like I need to set aside some time Sunday morning for order planning. The glen-plaids and end-on-ends look great.

post #100 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccallis View Post


Great to hear! Let us know how it comes out after the wash...

Unfortunately, a TAD too snug in the armpits/chest/bottom armhole area. I'm going to wear it Saturday for an extended period of time to see if it bothers me enough to fix.

post #101 of 323
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsujigiri View Post

Hi guys, just got my first Proper Cloth shirt (first mtm shirt of any brand, actually). I'd greatly appreciate some feedback on the fit. Pics as follows:













As for my impressions on the shirt and company, I'm impressed with the quality of the shirt. It seems to be very well-made and the fabric is excellent. The hidden button down collar is neat, and I like the distinct touch of the tall buttons. The luster of the MOP isn't very good, however. That's the main downside that I see. I think I'd be happy with the shirt for the price if it was OTR; the fact that I can get it custom tailored to my body really sets it apart. I also like that PC takes some of the guesswork out of choosing a fabric by posting detailed specs and offering to send what turns out to be a free sample swatch. I liked the cross-hatch white Albini cloth sample that I got quite a bit, but unfortunately it appears that they've sold out.

My untrained eye/opinion: Sleeves look too long. Chest a little too tight. Waist/Mid section too loose. fing02[1].gif
post #102 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsujigiri View Post
 

Hi guys, just got my first Proper Cloth shirt (first mtm shirt of any brand, actually). I'd greatly appreciate some feedback on the fit. Pics as follows:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

As for my impressions on the shirt and company, I'm impressed with the quality of the shirt. It seems to be very well-made and the fabric is excellent. The hidden button down collar is neat, and I like the distinct touch of the tall buttons. The luster of the MOP isn't very good, however. That's the main downside that I see. I think I'd be happy with the shirt for the price if it was OTR; the fact that I can get it custom tailored to my body really sets it apart. I also like that PC takes some of the guesswork out of choosing a fabric by posting detailed specs and offering to send what turns out to be a free sample swatch. I liked the cross-hatch white Albini cloth sample that I got quite a bit, but unfortunately it appears that they've sold out.

 

Make sure to launder 5 or so times before assessing fit. The shirt will shrink. 

post #103 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsujigiri View Post

Hi guys, just got my first Proper Cloth shirt (first mtm shirt of any brand, actually). I'd greatly appreciate some feedback on the fit. Pics as follows:













As for my impressions on the shirt and company, I'm impressed with the quality of the shirt. It seems to be very well-made and the fabric is excellent. The hidden button down collar is neat, and I like the distinct touch of the tall buttons. The luster of the MOP isn't very good, however. That's the main downside that I see. I think I'd be happy with the shirt for the price if it was OTR; the fact that I can get it custom tailored to my body really sets it apart. I also like that PC takes some of the guesswork out of choosing a fabric by posting detailed specs and offering to send what turns out to be a free sample swatch. I liked the cross-hatch white Albini cloth sample that I got quite a bit, but unfortunately it appears that they've sold out.

Hey Tsujigiri--
Thanks for posting the photos. I'd go ahead and say wash and press the shirt so you get most of the shrinkage out. I think the sleeves might look a pinch long now, but ought to shrink to a good length after washing.

Other than that, I'd probably bump up your chest width by about 1" as it looks pretty tight. Could take out .5" on midsection width, but only if you really want a slimmer fit. You could lengthen the shirt length by another 1.5" and bright down the cuffs by .5", as they look a little too wide.

Looks like you're very close! Don't hesitate to shoot an email to contact@propercloth.com if you want any further help dialing in your fit.
Chris
post #104 of 323

Thanks everyone, that's really helpful. I'd agree that the chest is the most snug area, and I do have a little room that I could take in on the midsection. The sleeves also could be slightly shorter, although I don't think I can make the cuffs any smaller because the watches I usually wear are just barely fitting in the sleeve right now. Even with that, this is the best fitting shirt I've had so far, and this experience has sold me on the merits of MTM shirts. Chris, do you say that the shirt could be a little longer with a mind towards wearing it tucked or untucked?

post #105 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsujigiri View Post

Thanks everyone, that's really helpful. I'd agree that the chest is the most snug area, and I do have a little room that I could take in on the midsection. The sleeves also could be slightly shorter, although I don't think I can make the cuffs any smaller because the watches I usually wear are just barely fitting in the sleeve right now. Even with that, this is the best fitting shirt I've had so far, and this experience has sold me on the merits of MTM shirts. Chris, do you say that the shirt could be a little longer with a mind towards wearing it tucked or untucked?

Yes, definitely could be another 1"-1.5" longer if you'd like to wear it exclusively tucked in.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread