That is a beautiful collar, imo. It looks soft - is it?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- For sale: Epaulet pindot shirt size small Last post on Today at 8:46 am in Marketplace
- Patrik Ervell Copper Oxide (mint green) Buttondown Shirt, size Medium Last post on Yesterday at 4:55 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Our Legacy - Black Button Suede Shirt 46 BNWT Last post on Yesterday at 11:32 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NEW Gitman Bros Plaid Donegal Sportshirt Size Small S Last post on Yesterday at 7:39 am in Marketplace
- Gitman Bros. Blue Oxford Shirt Small Last post on Yesterday at 2:52 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 31post #451 of 4583/25/15 at 6:48am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #452 of 4583/25/15 at 7:10ampost #453 of 4583/25/15 at 7:19amQuote:
I apologize, I was unclear - is that the soft roma, or the fused one? Also, the "stiff" roma is somewhat confusing to me, as it's unfused?post #454 of 4583/25/15 at 7:40amAh sorry. This is the new Roma Spread. And you're right, I just checked the site and the description does say "stiff fused interling".
I do also have some Roma cutaway collars, which are also described as stiff fused interling, and they feel similar. But it's a bit aggressive a spread and I prefer the new Roma Spread as pictured about.
I also checked my order history and I do have one Soft Roma cutaway collar, but that's a linen blend which I haven't worn since last September so I can't recall how much softer/better it feels.
I'm sticking with Roma Spread for future orders. Hope this helps.post #455 of 4583/25/15 at 7:45amQuote:Originally Posted by Winery Dog
So the "stiff" collar is actually unfused (seems counter-intuitive but I'm new to this). Do you put the thick unfused interlining in both the collar band and the collar? Despite it's name would you say the stiff collar falls between the standard and the soft in terms of stiffness? I was just about to order a shirt on your website that is strictly going to be worn with jeans when I noticed the new stiff collar. Now I'm wondering if that is the better option for an open collar (no tie or jacket).
Hi--we actually use two slightly different weights in the collar leaf and collar band to get the perfect compliment of functionality and comfort. The interlining in the collar leaf (point) is significantly thicker than the fusing we use on our standard collars, and the interlining for the collar band is a pinch lighter than the lining in the collar leaf--but still thicker than our current fused interlinings.
We found the thicker of the two interlinings really helps collars stand up and look crisp, but was a little uncomfortable in the collar band. We went down in weight just a pinch in the band and found it to be significantly more comfortable, while still holding its shape incredibly well. We sourced the interlinings from Alumo in Switzerland, for those familiar. They make some incredible stuff--I would be very surprised to find interlining qualities like these in any shirts in our price range. They're truly some of the finest interlinings in the world, if not the finest.Quote:Originally Posted by Sotiris
@ccallis One more minor question. Any chance having a watch allowance go up to +0.75"?
And more Roma spread goodness:
Definitely on our list of product development--might even add a full 1"...depending on the success of the Apple Watch. Wouldn't expect it before summer, though, still some other things to get going before (darts, button updates, improved monogramming options to name a few).post #456 of 4583/25/15 at 7:58ampost #457 of 4583/25/15 at 10:58amQuote:
I was confused as well because the three new "stiff" collars do not show up under "Collar Styles" in the "Custom Dress Shirt" tab on their website. You have to go to "Design A Shirt" and look under "Style" to see them. It looks like they only have them in the English Spread, Presidents Spread, and Roma Cutaway. They don't have it in the Roma Spread so the collar in the pic posted by Sotiris must be the standard Roma Spread (fused).
If you like the Presidents Spread you now have 3 choices; standard (fused), soft (unfused), and stiff (unfused but w/thick interlining). The new stiff collar seems like it fits what I need so I'm going to order that one...as soon as they have the movable button option ready.
- Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...