Awesome -- please update the thread when you've got it!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- APC T-Shirts - S Last post on Today at 1:23 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NWT Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Egyptian Cotton White w Blue Embroidered Seahorses, S M L XL... Last post on Today at 12:26 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Unionmade + United Arrows Blue Striped Cotton Shirt Small Last post on Today at 12:00 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NWT Brooks Brothers Egyptian Cotton Pinpoint Button Down **Blue or White** 16-34 Slim, 16.5-34... Last post on Today at 11:51 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Paul Smith Floral Last post on Today at 9:59 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 4
Styleforum Top Pickspost #47 of 5783/12/14 at 8:23amThread Starterpost #48 of 5783/12/14 at 8:30ampost #49 of 5783/12/14 at 9:04am
I've got one with the soft ivy collar, in the Howard Street chambray. It's one of my favorite shirts, although I'd say that the collar is almost *too* soft. When the points are buttoned and the collar's open, worn without a tie, the beautiful roll of the collar tends to flatten a bit. Which, you know, should be expected from a collar with (I assume) no interlining.post #50 of 5783/12/14 at 9:06amQuote:Originally Posted by katabatic
I've got one with the soft ivy collar, in the Howard Street chambray. It's one of my favorite shirts, although I'd say that the collar is almost *too* soft. When the points are buttoned and the collar's open, worn without a tie, the beautiful roll of the collar tends to flatten a bit. Which, you know, should be expected from a collar with (I assume) no interlining.
That's my concern with this collar. In theory it's nice but I'd like to see a better "roll" from it.post #51 of 5783/12/14 at 9:10ampost #52 of 5783/12/14 at 12:53pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Sundance
FWIW, katabatic, PC's site says the Soft Ivy collar has "super soft unfused interlining".
Yes - there is an interlining in there - it's very light though.
The softness/structure of the collar will vary based on the fabric selected for the shirt. Heavier weight fabrics such as oxfords or flannels make for more structured soft-ivy button down collars than lighter weight fabrics.post #53 of 5783/12/14 at 1:42pm
Yup - the chambray I picked is pretty light. I might try one in one of the heavy oxford cloths next.
BTW, @Seph I just want to compliment you on the Proper Cloth website - it's by far the easiest to use (and fastest!) of the MTM shirtmaker websites I've tried. Looking forward to the linen options in the future :)post #54 of 5783/13/14 at 8:23amQuote:Originally Posted by carrig
I appreciate the responses. I ordered a shirt on Sunday; looking forward to trying it on in a few weeks. The site is very easy to use. I appreciated the option to increase the dimension of the left cuff as my watch is very thick.
Is "wrinkle resistant" the rough equivalent of the "no iron" Brooks Brothers shirts I have?
PC's wrinkle resistance fabrics are not equivalent to the "no iron" Brooks Brothers shirts.post #55 of 5783/13/14 at 9:59am
Ay yi yi.
A few days after I place my order you restock the Wythe Steel Blue Oxford, and now you've introduced a Soft President Spread collar. You're making it very difficult for me....
A question on button placement: Is there any flexibility on where the first button is located? Or maybe it's the second button down? The one below the collar button. My preference is to have the button placed a little closer to the collar to keep the collar from dropping and flattening when I'm not wearing a tie. Especially on lighter-weight fabrics. I know the choice of placket makes a difference too,post #56 of 5783/13/14 at 12:52pmQuote:Jeffreywlai is correct. Our "wrinkle resistant" treatment is just done on the fabric when it is woven. It's a little more subtle and comfortable to wear than if we treated it after the shirt is made, like BB does.Quote:Hi JKKJ--We're not able to adjust the placement of our first button on the placket. Ours is a little lower than some other shirtmakers, though not uncommon on the market.Originally Posted by JKKJ
Ay yi yi.
A question on button placement: Is there any flexibility on where the first button is located? Or maybe it's the second button down? The one below the collar button. My preference is to have the button placed a little closer to the collar to keep the collar from dropping and flattening when I'm not wearing a tie. Especially on lighter-weight fabrics. I know the choice of placket makes a difference too,post #57 of 5783/13/14 at 12:59pmHey Guys,
We launched a few new collar options today. A Hidden Button Down, Soft President Spread, and Band Collar. We had a lot of requests for a good Hidden Button Down (below) and think our version stands up really nicely at all times.
The Soft President Collar (below) was introduced as an easy-to-wear casual option for those who felt our Soft Milano and Soft President Cutaway were a little too aggressive for their liking. It's the same proportions as our standard President Spread, but definitely comes out a bit small due to the unfused construction.
The Band Collar is a nice casual option and is unfused with a light soft lining. It's another collar we had a lot of requests for, so we're happy to finally get it going.
We're in the process of developing a crisp, fused version of our Soft Milano right now. Would love to hear if there are any collar you guys wish we had, or are just struggling to find on the market in general...post #58 of 5783/13/14 at 1:22pmQuote:
Thanks Chris. Just to be clear, my ay yi yi was an "oh great the fabric I wanted is available again and now they have a new collar that I like the look of and now I have to order more shirts" kind of ay yi yi, not a gripe about button placement!post #59 of 5783/13/14 at 1:38pmpost #60 of 5783/14/14 at 7:45amQuote:
Marc--I'd say that our Bowery Yellow Pinpoint is probably most similar to those. A better tweed pairing than the Ivory Broadcloth, for sure.
- Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 3 seconds ago
- › BRAND NEW Filson Otter Green 100% Cotton Field Cargo, 29 X 34, $225... 34 seconds ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 57 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Hello 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 4 minutes ago
- › IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle,... 4 minutes ago
- › Must See Documentaries 5 minutes ago
- › Selling my Mens gg gucci supreme canvas briefcase color black/grey 5 minutes ago
- › Can anyone tell me where to find suiting material like this.....? 5 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan