Awesome -- please update the thread when you've got it!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NWT Neighborhood Plaid Flannel, size small! Last post on Today at 12:47 pm in Marketplace
- NWT Rare $975 Givenchy Paris Multi-Colored Columani Striped Polo Shirt Sz L Last post on Today at 8:28 am in Marketplace
- Gitman Bro. Vintage Oxford Cotton Button Down Long Sleeve L/S Striped Shirt Last post on Yesterday at 9:02 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gitman Vintage Button up in Herringbone (XS) Last post on Yesterday at 12:19 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Lot of 5 Band of Outsiders Shirts Size 3 or Large/ WTS or WTT Last post on Yesterday at 8:56 am in Marketplace
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 4
Styleforum Top Pickspost #47 of 6543/12/14 at 8:23amThread Starterpost #48 of 6543/12/14 at 8:30ampost #49 of 6543/12/14 at 9:04am
I've got one with the soft ivy collar, in the Howard Street chambray. It's one of my favorite shirts, although I'd say that the collar is almost *too* soft. When the points are buttoned and the collar's open, worn without a tie, the beautiful roll of the collar tends to flatten a bit. Which, you know, should be expected from a collar with (I assume) no interlining.post #50 of 6543/12/14 at 9:06amQuote:Originally Posted by katabatic
I've got one with the soft ivy collar, in the Howard Street chambray. It's one of my favorite shirts, although I'd say that the collar is almost *too* soft. When the points are buttoned and the collar's open, worn without a tie, the beautiful roll of the collar tends to flatten a bit. Which, you know, should be expected from a collar with (I assume) no interlining.
That's my concern with this collar. In theory it's nice but I'd like to see a better "roll" from it.post #51 of 6543/12/14 at 9:10ampost #52 of 6543/12/14 at 12:53pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Sundance
FWIW, katabatic, PC's site says the Soft Ivy collar has "super soft unfused interlining".
Yes - there is an interlining in there - it's very light though.
The softness/structure of the collar will vary based on the fabric selected for the shirt. Heavier weight fabrics such as oxfords or flannels make for more structured soft-ivy button down collars than lighter weight fabrics.post #53 of 6543/12/14 at 1:42pm
Yup - the chambray I picked is pretty light. I might try one in one of the heavy oxford cloths next.
BTW, @Seph I just want to compliment you on the Proper Cloth website - it's by far the easiest to use (and fastest!) of the MTM shirtmaker websites I've tried. Looking forward to the linen options in the future :)post #54 of 6543/13/14 at 8:23amQuote:Originally Posted by carrig
I appreciate the responses. I ordered a shirt on Sunday; looking forward to trying it on in a few weeks. The site is very easy to use. I appreciated the option to increase the dimension of the left cuff as my watch is very thick.
Is "wrinkle resistant" the rough equivalent of the "no iron" Brooks Brothers shirts I have?
PC's wrinkle resistance fabrics are not equivalent to the "no iron" Brooks Brothers shirts.post #55 of 6543/13/14 at 9:59am
Ay yi yi.
A few days after I place my order you restock the Wythe Steel Blue Oxford, and now you've introduced a Soft President Spread collar. You're making it very difficult for me....
A question on button placement: Is there any flexibility on where the first button is located? Or maybe it's the second button down? The one below the collar button. My preference is to have the button placed a little closer to the collar to keep the collar from dropping and flattening when I'm not wearing a tie. Especially on lighter-weight fabrics. I know the choice of placket makes a difference too,post #56 of 6543/13/14 at 12:52pmQuote:Jeffreywlai is correct. Our "wrinkle resistant" treatment is just done on the fabric when it is woven. It's a little more subtle and comfortable to wear than if we treated it after the shirt is made, like BB does.Quote:Hi JKKJ--We're not able to adjust the placement of our first button on the placket. Ours is a little lower than some other shirtmakers, though not uncommon on the market.Originally Posted by JKKJ
Ay yi yi.
A question on button placement: Is there any flexibility on where the first button is located? Or maybe it's the second button down? The one below the collar button. My preference is to have the button placed a little closer to the collar to keep the collar from dropping and flattening when I'm not wearing a tie. Especially on lighter-weight fabrics. I know the choice of placket makes a difference too,post #57 of 6543/13/14 at 12:59pmHey Guys,
We launched a few new collar options today. A Hidden Button Down, Soft President Spread, and Band Collar. We had a lot of requests for a good Hidden Button Down (below) and think our version stands up really nicely at all times.
The Soft President Collar (below) was introduced as an easy-to-wear casual option for those who felt our Soft Milano and Soft President Cutaway were a little too aggressive for their liking. It's the same proportions as our standard President Spread, but definitely comes out a bit small due to the unfused construction.
The Band Collar is a nice casual option and is unfused with a light soft lining. It's another collar we had a lot of requests for, so we're happy to finally get it going.
We're in the process of developing a crisp, fused version of our Soft Milano right now. Would love to hear if there are any collar you guys wish we had, or are just struggling to find on the market in general...post #58 of 6543/13/14 at 1:22pmQuote:
Thanks Chris. Just to be clear, my ay yi yi was an "oh great the fabric I wanted is available again and now they have a new collar that I like the look of and now I have to order more shirts" kind of ay yi yi, not a gripe about button placement!post #59 of 6543/13/14 at 1:38pmpost #60 of 6543/14/14 at 7:45amQuote:
Marc--I'd say that our Bowery Yellow Pinpoint is probably most similar to those. A better tweed pairing than the Ivory Broadcloth, for sure.
- Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 33 seconds ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 1 minute ago
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 1 minute ago
- › Dries Van Noten SS15 Pollack Pant 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF... 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...