or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 12

post #166 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by BolognaFingers View Post
 

How's the quality of the oxford? Can you compare to luxire or ratio?


Luxire oxfords are pretty hard to beat, but PC's are just as good. The higher end oxfords are amazing.

post #167 of 323

Are you talking about the Thomas Mason ones?

post #168 of 323

Yup.

post #169 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by BolognaFingers View Post
 

How's the quality of the oxford? Can you compare to luxire or ratio?

 

The basic luxire oxfords that are from Brembana or whatever it's called are quite a bit nicer. That being said, I have a heavy black oxford and it's one of my favorite shirts.

 

Does anyone have the black denim? I've been fawning over it for weeks but at 110 after shipping that's really getting up there (especially considering Luxire's slubby chambrays are only 80)

post #170 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by terra firma View Post
 

 

The basic luxire oxfords that are from Brembana or whatever it's called are quite a bit nicer. That being said, I have a heavy black oxford and it's one of my favorite shirts.

 

Does anyone have the black denim? I've been fawning over it for weeks but at 110 after shipping that's really getting up there (especially considering Luxire's slubby chambrays are only 80)

I do! I love it.

post #171 of 323
Just out of curiosity, how much shrinkage did you guys get from your shirts?
post #172 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonsmithr8 View Post

Just out of curiosity, how much shrinkage did you guys get from your shirts?

 

I would say it probably would depend on the fabric. My oxford shrunk only slightly but is now a little snug for my liking, was kind of snug to begin in a few areas though.

 

 

I decided to tweak the measurements slightly of my oxford from the last page with the help of Brittany from customer service, with her advice I will hopefully end up with the perfect fit. 

 

-.75" to the yoke

+.5" to the chest

+.5" to the bicep

+.25" to the waist

+.25 to the bottom (still debating if I should go +.5" on waist and bottom, I think it should be fine though)

-1" to the length

post #173 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonsmithr8 View Post

Just out of curiosity, how much shrinkage did you guys get from your shirts?

A noticable but not huge amount.

 

They factor shrinkage into your measurements, btw.

post #174 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

I would say it probably would depend on the fabric. My oxford shrunk only slightly but is now a little snug for my liking, was kind of snug to begin in a few areas though.

I decided to tweak the measurements slightly of my oxford from the last page with the help of Brittany from customer service, with her advice I will hopefully end up with the perfect fit. 

-.75" to the yoke
+.5" to the chest
+.5" to the bicep
+.25" to the waist
+.25 to the bottom (still debating if I should go +.5" on waist and bottom, I think it should be fine though)
-1" to the length

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolognaFingers View Post

A noticable but not huge amount.

They factor shrinkage into your measurements, btw.

Hmm yeah I knew they factored shrinkage into my measurements when I was there but I was curious how others fared. I wore one of my black lapel dress shirts to the fitting and am curious to see how close my PC shirts get to my BL after shrinkage.
post #175 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonsmithr8 View Post

Just out of curiosity, how much shrinkage did you guys get from your shirts?

Hey wonsmithr8--fabrics will shrink differently depending on their construction, but for the most part our fabrics shrink between 1-3%. This shrinkage mostly happens vertically.

We cut to account for shrinkage in our shirts, and test all of the fabrics we buy before putting them on our site. We're working on a way to communicate shrinkage in particular fabrics more effectively, so your feedback on this sort of stuff is appreciated!
Chris
post #176 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by BolognaFingers View Post
 

I do! I love it.

 

I notice its a little more than half as thick as the heavy black oxford I got from them. How soft is it?

post #177 of 323


Action shot of Chris in the Salina check jacket from Four Pins.
Edited by matty long legs - 5/28/14 at 5:48am
post #178 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by terra firma View Post
 

 

I notice its a little more than half as thick as the heavy black oxford I got from them. How soft is it?

 

Its very very soft. Its not like a traditional denim shirt in that sense. Its not stiff or starchy at all.

post #179 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by BolognaFingers View Post
 

 

Its very very soft. Its not like a traditional denim shirt in that sense. Its not stiff or starchy at all.

 

Proper owes you a royalty check. Ordered mine today.

post #180 of 323

Joining the party here. Has anyone tried the Mercer Lightweight Denim? I am thinking of ordering it as a casual shirt.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread