This may be a dumb question, but does increasing the arm measurement increase the cuff measurement? Just got a new order with a slightly widened arm, with all other things unchanged, and the cuffs definitely feel more voluminous than previous orders. Granted, this is basing off of the pre-laundered fit, but just wanted to troll for other opinions.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Epaulet NY Floral Striped Jacquard Button Down (M) Last post on Today at 8:10 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Uniqlo Olive Green Navy Flannel - Small Last post on Yesterday at 7:58 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Uniqlo Navy Flannel - Small Last post on Yesterday at 7:57 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Ralph Lauren DDL Button Down Shirt Last post on 1/16/17 at 6:56pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Carlo Riva shirting Last post on 1/16/17 at 3:23pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 96post #1427 of 16517/25/16 at 9:23ampost #1428 of 16517/25/16 at 9:30am
Cheers. I'm usually pretty meh when it comes to how exact a measurement is, but I may do a double check on this one. It's certainly not BAD, but it feels off on first impression.
That said, I LOVE the roomier upper arm. If memory serves, I increased .5" and can really feel the difference. It's probably a slightly blousier look than modern style would dictate, but I like actually being able to talk on the phone without feeling as though my elbow is going to pop through the shirt ha.post #1429 of 16517/25/16 at 10:42amQuote:
I did triple pleat as well. My wrists are smaller than most and I found with a double pleat, there was a huge taper between my upper sleeve and forearm, which made it really restrictive on the elbow. Triple pleat fixed that and doesn't look much bigger than the double.post #1430 of 16517/25/16 at 10:46ampost #1431 of 16517/25/16 at 11:53amQuote:Originally Posted by eddiemczee
I did triple pleat as well. My wrists are smaller than most and I found with a double pleat, there was a huge taper between my upper sleeve and forearm, which made it really restrictive on the elbow. Triple pleat fixed that and doesn't look much bigger than the double.
yep, exactly the same reason here. i wanted a fairly fitted cuff, so adding the third pleat allowed me to do that while keeping the bicep area fairly fitted as well.post #1432 of 16517/25/16 at 11:54ampost #1433 of 16517/26/16 at 9:28ampost #1434 of 16517/26/16 at 9:55ampost #1435 of 16517/26/16 at 12:27pmpost #1436 of 16517/26/16 at 12:52pmpost #1437 of 16517/27/16 at 4:37pmpost #1438 of 16517/27/16 at 4:43pmQuote:
top fabric is the linen cotton oxford cloth: https://propercloth.com/fabrics/light-blue-cotton-linen-oxford-1454.html
Bottom fabric is cotton linen stripe, which is sold out: https://propercloth.com/fabrics/light-blue-cotton-linen-stripe-1518.htmlpost #1439 of 16517/27/16 at 4:58pmI have a nice white broadcloth dress shirt from Sid Mashburn, but it's slightly too big in the collar, and several things about it bug me (mostly the fit).
My goal is to replace it at some point.
So, except for the DJA Sea Island cotton, does anybody have a white broadcloth they highly recommend?
Stanton and Mercer are basically the same price. Which is nicer? Any experience?post #1440 of 16517/29/16 at 7:59am
I've got it on a couple shirts. I find it a bit too stiff, especially in the collar band causing a certain amount of discomfort. Comparing with an older standard President Spread, the collar itself feels the same but the band is certainly stiffer. Lovely shape, however. I will be sticking to the standard President Spread.
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 4 minutes ago
- › Sole Welting 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Hypothetically speaking you could buy an existing set of clothing... 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 11 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 12 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...