This may be a dumb question, but does increasing the arm measurement increase the cuff measurement? Just got a new order with a slightly widened arm, with all other things unchanged, and the cuffs definitely feel more voluminous than previous orders. Granted, this is basing off of the pre-laundered fit, but just wanted to troll for other opinions.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Margiela Shirt Last post on Today at 6:21 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Taylor Stitch Jack Oxford in Brushed Army Green, size 42 Last post on Yesterday at 3:00 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- RRL FW16 cotton jersey blue/black plaid shirt. Size Medium. Last post on Yesterday at 8:17 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- RRL indigo herringbone heavy cotton button down shirt. Size Medium Last post on Yesterday at 8:15 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- RRL indigo check button down shirt. Size Medium. Last post on 2/24/17 at 7:11pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 96post #1427 of 17157/25/16 at 9:23ampost #1428 of 17157/25/16 at 9:30am
Cheers. I'm usually pretty meh when it comes to how exact a measurement is, but I may do a double check on this one. It's certainly not BAD, but it feels off on first impression.
That said, I LOVE the roomier upper arm. If memory serves, I increased .5" and can really feel the difference. It's probably a slightly blousier look than modern style would dictate, but I like actually being able to talk on the phone without feeling as though my elbow is going to pop through the shirt ha.post #1429 of 17157/25/16 at 10:42amQuote:
I did triple pleat as well. My wrists are smaller than most and I found with a double pleat, there was a huge taper between my upper sleeve and forearm, which made it really restrictive on the elbow. Triple pleat fixed that and doesn't look much bigger than the double.post #1430 of 17157/25/16 at 10:46ampost #1431 of 17157/25/16 at 11:53amQuote:Originally Posted by eddiemczee
I did triple pleat as well. My wrists are smaller than most and I found with a double pleat, there was a huge taper between my upper sleeve and forearm, which made it really restrictive on the elbow. Triple pleat fixed that and doesn't look much bigger than the double.
yep, exactly the same reason here. i wanted a fairly fitted cuff, so adding the third pleat allowed me to do that while keeping the bicep area fairly fitted as well.post #1432 of 17157/25/16 at 11:54ampost #1433 of 17157/26/16 at 9:28ampost #1434 of 17157/26/16 at 9:55ampost #1435 of 17157/26/16 at 12:27pmpost #1436 of 17157/26/16 at 12:52pmpost #1437 of 17157/27/16 at 4:37pmpost #1438 of 17157/27/16 at 4:43pmQuote:
top fabric is the linen cotton oxford cloth: https://propercloth.com/fabrics/light-blue-cotton-linen-oxford-1454.html
Bottom fabric is cotton linen stripe, which is sold out: https://propercloth.com/fabrics/light-blue-cotton-linen-stripe-1518.htmlpost #1439 of 17157/27/16 at 4:58pmI have a nice white broadcloth dress shirt from Sid Mashburn, but it's slightly too big in the collar, and several things about it bug me (mostly the fit).
My goal is to replace it at some point.
So, except for the DJA Sea Island cotton, does anybody have a white broadcloth they highly recommend?
Stanton and Mercer are basically the same price. Which is nicer? Any experience?post #1440 of 17157/29/16 at 7:59am
I've got it on a couple shirts. I find it a bit too stiff, especially in the collar band causing a certain amount of discomfort. Comparing with an older standard President Spread, the collar itself feels the same but the band is certainly stiffer. Lovely shape, however. I will be sticking to the standard President Spread.
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 2 minutes ago
- › 20 CLASSIC TWEEDS & BLAZERS! GRAILS! Sizes 38 - 48: Dartmouth... 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Pre-wash Raw Denim at Home? 5 minutes ago
- › The 2017 Official Cheapies Thread - Thrifted Find of the Year 5 minutes ago
- › MMM cowl collar cotton knit Sz 50 6 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Brogue Ranger 8D 7 minutes ago
- › Suit Fabrics 7 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...