This may be a dumb question, but does increasing the arm measurement increase the cuff measurement? Just got a new order with a slightly widened arm, with all other things unchanged, and the cuffs definitely feel more voluminous than previous orders. Granted, this is basing off of the pre-laundered fit, but just wanted to troll for other opinions.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Vintage Gant BD in thick cotton flannel (Size Medium) Last post on Today at 10:45 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Mister Freedom Navy Utility chambray shirt size Small Last post on Today at 6:29 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NWT Brooks Brothers White French Cuff Dress Shirt 16x34 $92 Last post on Yesterday at 8:59 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Viyella Glen Plaid size M NEW With Tags. Last post on Yesterday at 2:35 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- FOR SALE: BERG AND BERG SHIRTS SPREAD COLLAR 15/38 Last post on Yesterday at 12:07 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 96post #1427 of 16077/25/16 at 9:23ampost #1428 of 16077/25/16 at 9:30am
Cheers. I'm usually pretty meh when it comes to how exact a measurement is, but I may do a double check on this one. It's certainly not BAD, but it feels off on first impression.
That said, I LOVE the roomier upper arm. If memory serves, I increased .5" and can really feel the difference. It's probably a slightly blousier look than modern style would dictate, but I like actually being able to talk on the phone without feeling as though my elbow is going to pop through the shirt ha.post #1429 of 16077/25/16 at 10:42amQuote:
I did triple pleat as well. My wrists are smaller than most and I found with a double pleat, there was a huge taper between my upper sleeve and forearm, which made it really restrictive on the elbow. Triple pleat fixed that and doesn't look much bigger than the double.post #1430 of 16077/25/16 at 10:46ampost #1431 of 16077/25/16 at 11:53amQuote:Originally Posted by eddiemczee
I did triple pleat as well. My wrists are smaller than most and I found with a double pleat, there was a huge taper between my upper sleeve and forearm, which made it really restrictive on the elbow. Triple pleat fixed that and doesn't look much bigger than the double.
yep, exactly the same reason here. i wanted a fairly fitted cuff, so adding the third pleat allowed me to do that while keeping the bicep area fairly fitted as well.post #1432 of 16077/25/16 at 11:54ampost #1433 of 16077/26/16 at 9:28ampost #1434 of 16077/26/16 at 9:55ampost #1435 of 16077/26/16 at 12:27pmpost #1436 of 16077/26/16 at 12:52pmpost #1437 of 16077/27/16 at 4:37pmpost #1438 of 16077/27/16 at 4:43pmQuote:
top fabric is the linen cotton oxford cloth: https://propercloth.com/fabrics/light-blue-cotton-linen-oxford-1454.html
Bottom fabric is cotton linen stripe, which is sold out: https://propercloth.com/fabrics/light-blue-cotton-linen-stripe-1518.htmlpost #1439 of 16077/27/16 at 4:58pmI have a nice white broadcloth dress shirt from Sid Mashburn, but it's slightly too big in the collar, and several things about it bug me (mostly the fit).
My goal is to replace it at some point.
So, except for the DJA Sea Island cotton, does anybody have a white broadcloth they highly recommend?
Stanton and Mercer are basically the same price. Which is nicer? Any experience?post #1440 of 16077/29/16 at 7:59am
I've got it on a couple shirts. I find it a bit too stiff, especially in the collar band causing a certain amount of discomfort. Comparing with an older standard President Spread, the collar itself feels the same but the band is certainly stiffer. Lovely shape, however. I will be sticking to the standard President Spread.
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › ERMENEGILDO ZEGNA SU MISURA 3 Button Blazer, Luxurious Cashmere &... 43 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Rozsnyai shoes 10 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 16 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 16 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Academia, Democrats, and Thoughtcrime 19 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway