Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NWT Rare $975 Givenchy Paris Multi-Colored Columani Striped Polo Shirt Sz L Last post on Today at 8:28 am in Marketplace
- Gitman Bro. Vintage Oxford Cotton Button Down Long Sleeve L/S Striped Shirt Last post on Yesterday at 9:02 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gitman Vintage Button up in Herringbone (XS) Last post on Yesterday at 12:19 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Lot of 5 Band of Outsiders Shirts Size 3 or Large/ WTS or WTT Last post on Yesterday at 8:56 am in Marketplace
- YAECA White Cotton Short-Sleeve Comfort Shirt M BNWT Last post on Yesterday at 8:05 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 10post #136 of 6545/9/14 at 6:30am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #137 of 6545/9/14 at 11:23amQuote:
We're actually testing one with working button holes and one without working buttonholes to see which our customers prefer. The Salina Soft Multi-Check, made from a blue and white check Loro Piana tropical wool, comes without cut buttonholes.
Appreciate the feedback!post #138 of 6545/9/14 at 11:24ampost #139 of 6545/9/14 at 11:34amQuote:
Of course, folks might prefer one over the other due to pattern and styling, not having anything to do with the button holes.
I'm certainly not going to harp on this but the whole working cuffs for OTR fad is certainly popular (e.g., Suit Supply) but really doesn't make sense to me. It can result in disqualifying folks from being able to purchase or pushes people to buy something based on arm length, compromising fit elsewhere.
Nice jackets, though!post #140 of 6545/9/14 at 5:16pmWhy does working button holes change sleeve fit? As someone who has started dressing nicely in the past year or so, non working sleeves make me so angry, there are buttons, so why don't they work? I'm also a functionalist.
Also, going back to a post I made last week or so about wearing PC shirts untucked, it's just a matter of ordering it slightly shorter? There aren't any details on the placket or bottom of the shirt that make it appear like in wearing a dress shirt untucked? The scoops aren't too high or anything?
Also, that blue herringbone jacket is goooorgeous. Edit: aaaaaand just a little out of my price range. Damn.post #141 of 6545/9/14 at 5:25pmQuote:
Working button holes means that the sleeve length cannot be altered (unless altered at the shoulder, which is prohibitively expensive); therefore, if the OTR sleeve length doesn't work for you, you're SOL. This is why working cuffs are traditionally made after the sleeve length has been set, not before.post #142 of 6545/9/14 at 6:22pmpost #143 of 6545/12/14 at 4:29pm
Great to see you guys here, have been a long time fan.
Quote:Originally Posted by JackFlash
Working button holes means that the sleeve length cannot be altered (unless altered at the shoulder, which is prohibitively expensive); therefore, if the OTR sleeve length doesn't work for you, you're SOL. This is why working cuffs are traditionally made after the sleeve length has been set, not before.
Is it possible to come in and try the jackets in the NYC office?
Also here in the UK, where I temporarily am, it is a similar price to alter from the shoulder or the sleeve. In fact the tailor I go to here does such a good job I tend to bring stuff over from the US just for tailoring. I haven't been able to find something similar in the US.post #144 of 6545/15/14 at 1:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by MSchapiro
Is it possible to come in and try the jackets in the NYC office?
Also here in the UK, where I temporarily am, it is a similar price to alter from the shoulder or the sleeve. In fact the tailor I go to here does such a good job I tend to bring stuff over from the US just for tailoring. I haven't been able to find something similar in the US.
Hey MSchapiro, Proper Cloth does have jackets available in their NYC office for you to try out. They might have sold out of some sizes though. You can check what size they have left on the jacket product pages:post #145 of 6545/21/14 at 11:30am
Fabric samples arrived today! They are a great weight, the purple striped oxford is a little bit heavier and would be great for a year round shirt.
Top: Purple striped oxford, Eggplant end on end (amazing color)
Middle: Howard Street chambray (one of my favs), Navy oxford
Bottom: Black heavy oxford (basically just an overall grey look)
Basically now the Purple stripe oxford, eggplant end on end and the chambray on my list of future purchases. We'll see if I got the fit down when my blue oxford shows up on Friday.post #146 of 6545/21/14 at 12:13pmpost #147 of 6545/21/14 at 1:16pm
I think it's ok until you get your first little snag and the black thread pops out like a sore thumb. No different than any other oxford but the contrast of the two threads is higher. Overall I don't think it's for me.post #148 of 6545/21/14 at 2:03pmpost #149 of 6545/21/14 at 2:15pmQuote:
I have to agree about the Howard Street, seems like a great fabric. Looking forward to your thoughts on it once you get the shirt in hand. I think it will be my next purchase.post #150 of 6545/21/14 at 3:01pmQuote:
It should be an awesome casual shirt. I know Seph at PC was wearing it when I came in to get measured. I wasn't sure if I was gonna wear it tucked or untucked so he went with an in between length. Hopefully that'll be fine, otherwise I should should a length and stick with it for future orders
- Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › First adventure in MTM 6 seconds ago
- › Bourbon. 1 minute ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 4 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 4 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...