Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Suitsupply Brown Striped French Cuff Dress Shirt Size 15 Last post on Yesterday at 9:35 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Warehouse Dubbleworks Flannel Size 36 (XS/S) Last post on Yesterday at 8:14 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Size 15 1/2 Brioni dress shirt barrel cuff Last post on 1/20/17 at 10:12pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Wallace & Barnes Cpo / Small Last post on 1/20/17 at 12:22pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Oliver Spencer 'Granddad' Shirt Blue (M) BNWT Last post on 1/20/17 at 12:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 88post #1307 of 16534/20/16 at 5:18pmpost #1308 of 16534/21/16 at 5:37amQuote:
I received this one in my latest order and like it quite a bit. It's appropriately casual given its slubby weave and pretty comfortable even in my sweltering Southeast Asian climate. Fit wise, my linen-cotton feels ever so slightly baggier than my other shirts that have the same sizing – not sure if that's because it simply feels floppier or something.
I paired it with the Soft President Cutaway collar that feels, for some reason, a bit thicker than my Soft Roma Cutaways on my dress shirts; it doesn't detract from its comfort though.post #1309 of 16534/22/16 at 10:41am
So an interesting series of events just happened to me. A few weeks ago I purchased a shirt with the new President II spread collar. I really liked the President collar and this was advertised as being a little stiffer, which sounded intriguing. Anyway, the shirt arrives today and I try it on and notice something is off. It didn't seem as spread as the President collar and the points of the collar wouldn't reach under my jacket lapels. So I was bummed and confused. Then the OCD took over and I decided to measure to collar point length. It was 2.75 inches. The President II is supposed to 3 1/8". Looks as though an English Spread Collar made it's way onto my shirt. Sads ensued.
So then I called PC to see what was up and Ana answers the phone and fixes all that is wrong in my world. She confirmed my suspicion about the wrong collar. Apparently there was a glitch in their system that told the factory to use an English Spread when a President II was ordered (said glitch has since been un-glitched). So PC said to keep the shirt and refunded my $$ to order a new one.
So, conclusion: PC obviously has outstanding customer service. But cautionary tale: if you ordered one of the new "II" collars have a close look to ensure you received the correct collar.post #1310 of 16534/24/16 at 10:05ampost #1311 of 16534/24/16 at 12:32pmpost #1312 of 16534/25/16 at 2:43pmpost #1313 of 16534/26/16 at 9:29amHey @Seph or @ccallis, wondering if there'll be a light blue chambray fabric coming back at any time. Something like the Albini light blue. http://propercloth.com/fabrics/albini-light-blue-chambray-1348.html
I was thinking of making a dress shirt from that fabric or something like it, but since adding it to my wishlist see it is now out of stock. Hoping there will be something to replace it in a similar color!post #1314 of 16534/26/16 at 9:32ampost #1315 of 16534/26/16 at 9:52ampost #1316 of 16534/28/16 at 7:18ampost #1317 of 16534/28/16 at 10:22ampost #1318 of 16534/28/16 at 9:10pmpost #1319 of 16534/29/16 at 4:39pmQuote:I saw they have some new Spring Plaids. Not exactly madras, but still pretty vibrant. A couple examples:
I missed the recent Washed Denim and Indigo run since I recently changed the measurements on new shirts and wanted to have them laundered to see how they fit before getting another batch and ran out of time. Anyway, I'm now anxious for the next Washed Denim run which will probably be months away. Got me wondering: has anyone ordered both the Albiate denim shirting and the Japanese washed denim? I have the Japanese washed denim and love the fabric but wondered how they compared in terms of feel and structure. I also wonder how the non-denim Katazome prints compare to the washed denim prints. Do they look similar in person? Is it worth waiting for the next Washed Denim and Indigo run and hope they keep doing denim prints?
Any light anyone can share would be appreciated.
Also, I noticed a placket width discussion earlier in this thread. I have a PC shirt made near when they started. It has a wider placket than all of my subsequent PC shirts. I think Seph once said they changed the width of the placket to be more in line with a modern aesthetic. Personally I like plackets in general, wide or narrow for the added support they give the collar and how they frame the buttons.
Edited by bluescholar - 4/30/16 at 8:38ampost #1320 of 16534/30/16 at 12:02pm
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 12 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 18 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 19 minutes ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 21 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 23 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 24 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 29 minutes ago
- › BNWT $800 AMI by Alexandre Mattiussi Blazer size 48EU/38US 33 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...