Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Sandro Paris White Button-Down Oxford Work Shirt Union Made Small Last post on Yesterday at 7:00 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- ETON OXFORD SHIRT 39/15.5 · CHARCOAL/WHITE · MINT Last post on Yesterday at 4:24 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 2 X BOGGI CUTAWAY SHIRTS 40/15.75 Last post on Yesterday at 4:12 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Brooks Brothers Extra Slim White Oxford Shirt Last post on Yesterday at 3:22 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Vintage Gant BD in thick cotton flannel (Size Medium) Last post on Yesterday at 10:45 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 85post #1261 of 16074/4/16 at 3:56pmpost #1262 of 16074/6/16 at 9:24ampost #1263 of 16074/6/16 at 9:56amAlso, my 2 cents on the soft Roma - the collar band needs a stiffener, that's why it is drooping, collar can stay unused and soft. I also think it fails at zero tie space, the Roma spread does a better, but not perfect job of less/zero tie space. Need to move that button point slightly to create more overlap.
I heard mention of new collars, I am hoping these issues might be addressed.post #1264 of 16074/6/16 at 10:15ampost #1265 of 16074/7/16 at 12:55pm
If you go to design a shirt there are now new collar options available including a President II. The President II has 3 1/8" collar points and the tie space has been slightly reduced. One thing I've noticed is that the regular President collar and Roma cutaway are now advertised (in the design feature) as having a light fused interlining. That's in contrast to the description on the Collar Style subpage which advertises them as having a stiff fused interlining.
It appears that the stiff President, Roma Cutaway, etc. are no longer offered as options either.post #1266 of 16074/8/16 at 5:30pmpost #1267 of 16074/11/16 at 12:57pmBlue University Stripe Oxford w/Soft Roma Cutaway.
- the Soft Roma really is awesome. A treat to wear. Could see it being an issue with lighter weight cloths, but, with a tie, don't imagine it would bother me.
- rounded 2 button cuff is where it's at for me. I have a few the the mitered (beveled?) cuffs, and I much prefer this option.
-tried for the "collar back" options, by 1/2", and I REALLY like it. I think it allows me to naturally stand more erect, from a posture perspective.
All in all, very happy with the buy!post #1268 of 16074/11/16 at 1:01pmHey Guys--
Washed Denim & Indigo
Just wanted to give SF the heads up that we just brought back our washed denim and indigo program for this week only. It's something we as a team always get particularly excited about and this time we're bringing back four of our popular existing styles, as well as adding the indigo black watch linen in the photo below and a lightweight indigo pindot print.
You can check the full collection below:
The Albiate Indigo Blackwatch linen has almost sold out already (only enough fabric for ~20 shirts left)...will most likely be gone before tomorrow afternoon.
Shirts will be on sale through Sunday April 17th, or until we sell out of all the fabric for this round--I'll post an update if that is going to happen before Sunday. All shirts will ship out on May 4th, and will deliver on the 9th or 10th.
New Collars and Stiff Collars
There's been a lot of discussion on these and just wanted to help clarify. We discontinued our unfused stiff collars and introduced three new collars in their place: English Spread II, President Spread II, Londoner II.
We found the stiff unfused collars were a bit confusing to customers who wanted either a crisp collar for work or a more laid-back unfused collar for casual shirts. The English Spread II, President Spread II, and Londoner II are all made with a new interlining configuration that, overall, is slightly more stiff than the existing English Spread, President Spread, and Londoner collars.
On these, we use a special interlining in collar band that is less pliable than the one in the collar leaf in order to have the collar stand up better--especially once it's been worn for a while laundered multiple times. The shapes are ever-so-slightly adjusted, too. Not sure how many people will notice, but the collar bands have slightly different curves to give the collars more roll (i.e. a rounder beak point). We also extended the collar leaf by 1/8" on the President Spread.
We're very excited to see how people respond to these--think they'll be great for those who want a dressier collar that stands up very well and looks incredibly clean.
--Chrispost #1269 of 16074/11/16 at 7:31pmDoes anyone here have experience with placket bump problems? I have shirts with the standard button stance and the lowered .5" stance, and all have varying degrees of placket bump. It's one of those problems that's pretty annoying once you notice it.
My soft placket shirts (all with the lowered stance) have a verrrrry minimal bump that I'll be able ignore. The standard placket shirts I own (with both the standard and lowered button stance) have a pronounced bump, though.
I have one shirt on order with no placket, and maybe that'll work like the soft placket and minimize the problem. I'm hesitant to raise the button stance 1.0" because the lowered stance looks so good tieless.
Any experience on here?post #1270 of 16074/11/16 at 7:39pmpost #1271 of 16074/12/16 at 6:14ampost #1272 of 16074/12/16 at 7:46ampost #1273 of 16074/12/16 at 8:45ampost #1274 of 16074/12/16 at 8:49am
Ha. Yeah, we have a slimmer than traditional, but still pretty standard, placket width. Maybe a little more modern and dressy vibe, still wider than some plackets I see on the market. No plans to add an additional width or change our current one right now. Definitely understand where those who like traditional American shirtmaker's oxfords are coming from with this. Perhaps we will reconsider in the fall!post #1275 of 16074/12/16 at 2:44pm
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › How do you keep a pocket square from falling? 5 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › NWT Caruso Sportcoat - 48EU (poss. runs large) - Wool/Alpaca blend 10 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway