or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD - Page 247

post #3691 of 3805
post #3692 of 3805
post #3693 of 3805


Looks fantastic. Not getting much of an Old Man Logan vibe to it, but it looks like we may be in for something unique here.
post #3694 of 3805
In keeping with my habit of watching shows weeks/months after everyone else does, my wife and I watched the first episode of Westworld last night. It was interesting and thought-provoking in ways I didn't expect. It made me reconsider all those hours I spent playing Skyrim a few years back.
post #3695 of 3805
I'm really enjoying WW much more than I thought I would. Production value is top-notch as expected from a marquee HBO show and the theories people are coming up with are fascinating af
post #3696 of 3805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

I'm really enjoying WW much more than I thought I would. Production value is top-notch as expected from a marquee HBO show and the theories people are coming up with are fascinating af

I was surprised at how much I wound up thinking of it after the fact. I almost want to go back and re-watch it to see what I missed the first time.
post #3697 of 3805
Speaking of thinking shows,, Black Mirror is back. I watched the first 2 episodes and found them extremely chilling (if not a bit schlocky). Def not a show for me to binge watch at 4 AM
post #3698 of 3805
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post

I was surprised at how much I wound up thinking of it after the fact. I almost want to go back and re-watch it to see what I missed the first time.

I was waaaay surprised to see they framed the question of robot consciousness around Julian Jaynes's The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind. Earlier, a friend had joked that the book seemed to fit Willem Defoe's Green Goblin character, but it makes perfect sense when considering an android breaking fee of the voices/commands heard from its masters....

If no one's read the book, it's really fascinating. Huge explanatory power, and a very well-written and entertaining history of early civilization even if you don't buy 100% into its premise.
post #3699 of 3805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post



Looks fantastic. Not getting much of an Old Man Logan vibe to it, but it looks like we may be in for something unique here.

If the movie is half as good as this trailer, I'm gonna like this a lot. If it's like the first two Wolverine movies, I'm gonna be really disappointed.
post #3700 of 3805

That Logan trailer was awesome. Kinda looks like The Last of Us. 

post #3701 of 3805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart Biker View Post

That Logan trailer was awesome. Kinda looks like The Last of Us. 


It does. I'm getting a lot more of a Last of Us vibe from it then I am the book Old Man Logan.

For instance:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The trailer gives no indication that he has become a pacifist and hasn't popped his claws in years. There wasn't much of a hint that he was tricked into slaughtering the rest of the X-Men either.
post #3702 of 3805
Heard a rumor about Logan that would explain a lot.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Movie takes place in the Days of Future Past timeline. The reason all the mutants are gone is because the Sentinels killed them.

Makes sense and would be easy enough for the audience to grasp. Of course it also doesn't sound a thing like Old Man Logan. Which is fine. I just wish they wouldn't keep invoking the name of that story as an influence if they are not following any of it other then the fact Logan is older.
post #3703 of 3805
Wouldn't Logan have to be ridiculously old in order for him to be Old Man Logan since he's healing factor stops his aging almost? If that's the case then shouldn't Professor X be dead already?
post #3704 of 3805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

Wouldn't Logan have to be ridiculously old in order for him to be Old Man Logan since he's healing factor stops his aging almost? If that's the case then shouldn't Professor X be dead already?


It looks like they are being pretty liberal with his aging and using the fact that his healing factor is breaking down to tell the story they want to tell.
post #3705 of 3805
If one company held all the movie rights to Marvel, we wouldn't have to deal with all these short-cuts/end arounds/loopholes. We'd have proper CIVIL WAR/OLD MAN LOGAN frown.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD