or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD - Page 237

post #3541 of 3826
Thread Starter 
Luke Cage comes out in ~30 days.

Need to stop being lazy and start on Stranger Things already.
post #3542 of 3826
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

Still haven't watched S01Ep03 of Stranger Things yet, so I remain not that excited about the series. I do hope it gets better and will give it a try but, unlike say, Jessica Jones or even Daredevil or GoT, it has not pulled me in or compelled me to watch - right now, my interest is based entirely on trust in the acclaim.

I've mentioned it before, but I really thought Jessica Jones fell apart towards the end. I'm surprised more people don't feel the same.
post #3543 of 3826
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

The Prince
(from the Beauty & the Beast)



Am I the only one who has a general distaste for these Disney live action remakes of their old animated movies? Even if the film itself turns out to be well done, it feels like a missed opportunity. I don't want a live action interpretation of an old animated interpretation of a fairy tale. I want them to go back to the source material. The original fairy tales and do something new from the ground up based on them. A fresh interpretation with new ideas instead of something we have all seen before. It's like a Disney echo-chamber of regurgitating old ideas to make a buck and lacks real creativity.
post #3544 of 3826
Thread Starter 
I mean we'd have to see, Jungle Book wasn't a reel for reel interpretation of the cartoon and I thought it was great.

Cinderella was practically a direct adaptation and many loved it. I haven't seen Petes Dragon but I heard it's pretty good too.

Then there's Maleficent which is pretty much an original take on it and it was terrible.

They also made Into the Woods which is a more serious take on these Fairy Tales.

Keep in mind that these are made by Disney so they are remaking what they made but other studios could also make their version like Serkis making his own Jungle Book film.

In the end, so far, it seems Disney is having success by remaking their classics without straying too much from the OG and when they attempt to be different then it falls flat.

So to me, until they start a string of terrible adaptations then I'll start getting mad but til then, I am just going to keep enjoying my childhood updated to real-life/cgi version.
post #3545 of 3826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post

Am I the only one who has a general distaste for these Disney live action remakes of their old animated movies? Even if the film itself turns out to be well done, it feels like a missed opportunity. I don't want a live action interpretation of an old animated interpretation of a fairy tale. I want them to go back to the source material. The original fairy tales and do something new from the ground up based on them. A fresh interpretation with new ideas instead of something we have all seen before. It's like a Disney echo-chamber of regurgitating old ideas to make a buck and lacks real creativity.
I thought Disney's re-interpretation of "A New Hope" was pretty good.
post #3546 of 3826
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

I thought Disney's re-interpretation of "A New Hope" was pretty good.

crackup[1].gif
post #3547 of 3826
Thread Starter 
post #3548 of 3826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post

I've mentioned it before, but I really thought Jessica Jones fell apart towards the end. I'm surprised more people don't feel the same.

I dunno, Alias is one of my all-time favorite books, so I was disappointed with the casting from the get-go. I was expecting a much more middle-aged and chubbier actress, not someone who looks like the young, spritely, and flashback-y Jessica Jones.

That said, I felt Luke Cage was pretty spot-on, and he pretty much carried my enthusiasm for the series. Can't wait to catch his solo stuff...
post #3549 of 3826
Never really liked Krysten Ritter tbh but could just be me. Many of my friends and people I talk to seem to adore her.
post #3550 of 3826
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/first-look-at-bokeem-woodbine-as-the-shocker-on-the-set-of-spider-man-a144992





post #3551 of 3826
Why did they go all shaggy costume on him? Is that supposed to make it look more "realistic" for a reason I am missing?
post #3552 of 3826
Click on the link and read
post #3553 of 3826
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak View Post

Click on the link and read
Quote:
Instagram seems to be the original source of the collaged photos below, so the quality is not all the great, and we can’t see if it’s actually Woodbine in the classic yellow suit given he’s comic-accurately costumed from head to toe. However, we can see devices attached to his wrists which will likely help him send out shock waves much to Spider-Man’s dismay. Apparently, this is the first of two battle suits the Shocker will don, so what do you think?

Nothing about this explains why his costume is as loose fitting as it is. It also calls it comic accurate which it is not as the Shocker does not wear a shaggy fitting costume in the classic look. So I just want to know why they are going that direction.
post #3554 of 3826
Quote:
Apparently, this is the first of two battle suits the Shocker will don

This is probably his "starting out" suit and not his final suit, similar to Spidey's homemade suit vs. the one Stark gave him.
post #3555 of 3826
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak View Post

This is probably his "starting out" suit and not his final suit, similar to Spidey's homemade suit vs. the one Stark gave him.

So "starting out" costumes are just baggy versions of the normal ones? Ok.
Edited by Jr Mouse - 9/5/16 at 10:09pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD