or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD - Page 196

post #2926 of 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Ehh, I always read and expected that CIVIL WAR was going to the be an AVENGERS film and it's a Captain America film in name only.

 

This, definitely.

post #2927 of 3804
Thread Starter 




Edited by RFX45 - 4/10/16 at 7:48pm
post #2928 of 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Ehh, I always read and expected that CIVIL WAR was going to the be an AVENGERS film and it's a Captain America film in name only.


Ok. And that would back up the criticisms of the direction they have decided to to take the film i've been making since day one. So where are you going with that? Heavens forbid anyone expect a Captain America solo film to be about Captain America.
post #2929 of 3804
Thread Starter 
Civil War with anime theme song?

And Spidey added to the airport running towards each other shot...


post #2930 of 3804
Finished Jessica Jones.I really liked it. In fact, I think I liked it better than DD.S2 Definitely better than DD.S1.
post #2931 of 3804
I only started DD season2 this weekend, and the first four episodes are fantastic.
post #2932 of 3804
dammit, the second trailer is impressive but will the film be as well?
post #2933 of 3804
Thread Starter 
LL
post #2934 of 3804
I much prefer the 2nd Suicide Squad trailer to the first.

I still haven't seen Deadpool or BvS. Will probably watch Civil War.

Just starting DD.S1.
post #2935 of 3804
Since we're on TV subjects too, I'm 5 episodes deep into The Expanse. I want to love it but it lacks a heart/soul element that seems driven by a web of too many, largely uninteresting characters. It lacks a central thrust. Will keep watching to hopefully see it develop.
post #2936 of 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

Finished Jessica Jones.I really liked it. In fact, I think I liked it better than DD.S2 Definitely better than DD.S1.


Wait.....what? I thought we all unanimously decided JJ was boring garbage....jk




All this talk is making me revisit it. I stopped watching 4 eps in...
post #2937 of 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Wait.....what? I thought we all unanimously decided JJ was boring garbage....jk




All this talk is making me revisit it. I stopped watching 4 eps in...

I thought it was really good, but there are not a lot of choreographed ninja-style fight scenes, so if that is what you want, you will not be impressed. Rarely does JJ's super strngth get used or matter. There are a couple of good scenes with Luke Cage, though. Mostly, the fighting is against regular Joes. It relies more on being a thriller/suspense series than action.

I was hooked earlier than four episodes in, so if you didn't like it by then, maybe you never will.
post #2938 of 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

I have kept at it and it seems to be getting better, albeit more painful to watch.


I guess when I read this, I thought we were on the same boat about JJ. marchal.gif


Oh, well. With DD s2 finished and CIVIL WAR still a month away, I'll see if I can stomach some more.
post #2939 of 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

I guess when I read this, I thought we were on the same boat about JJ. marchal.gif


Oh, well. With DD s2 finished and CIVIL WAR still a month away, I'll see if I can stomach some more.
That was a compliment - the scenes were so tense that it was hard or draining to watch. AKA Sin Bin (Ep. 9), for example.
post #2940 of 3804
Thread Starter 
Dr. Strange teaser/trailer tonight at Jimmy Kimmel



New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD