or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD - Page 163

post #2431 of 3905

How did Han spend all that time between ROTJ and TFA and not ever trying a Crossbow?

 

Fucking how?

post #2432 of 3905
These kinds or reaching criticisms are rather pathetic, and, well... reaching.

Hating on TFA is the thing to do.
post #2433 of 3905
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

These kinds or reaching criticisms are rather pathetic, and, well... reaching.

Hating on TFA is the thing to do.

Are you quoting Cap Planet?

 

post #2434 of 3905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory View Post

How did Han spend all that time between ROTJ and TFA and not ever trying a Crossbow?

Fucking how?

Or any of the years prior to that? Didn't Chewbacca always have a crossbow laser rifle?

Of course, back in the day when someone got shot with the crossbow, he didn't go flying back 10 feet, so it probably wasn't as cool then.
post #2435 of 3905
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post


Or any of the years prior to that? Didn't Chewbacca always have a crossbow laser rifle?

Of course, back in the day when someone got shot with the crossbow, he didn't go flying back 10 feet, so it probably wasn't as cool then.

 

It's like Han knew his D-day was imminent so he decided to try everything. 

post #2436 of 3905
I watched the movie again and Han shouting "Ben!" still awesome.
post #2437 of 3905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

I watched the movie again and Han shouting "Ben!" still awesome.

I felt nothing with that scene.

 

 

Also,

 

 

Chewie is a stud, especially with that medical nurse/old milf.

post #2438 of 3905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory View Post

I felt nothing with that scene.


Also,


Chewie is a stud, especially with that medical nurse/old milf.

Chewie's interaction with the nurse was an unexpected delight.
post #2439 of 3905
Finally saw Ant-Man and it might be the most bipolar Marvel film ever made. It's full of creative moments that were downright fun, but it's all wrapped up in a script that feels downright paint by numbers at times. The villian was laughably genetic as was the whole side story about the Hero's daughter and pun family drama. I enjoyed it, just wish the broader stokes weren't so bland. It's a rental and I'm glad I waited for home release.

Marvel needs to start taking some real risks with the film universe. We need more Winter Soldier. Less Ant-Man or the audience is going to quickly start to grow bored.
post #2440 of 3905
$520 million worldwide box office for Ant Man says Marvel's gonna keep doing the same thing. Studios don't take risks when they need dump trucks to make deposits.
post #2441 of 3905
You are right of course. They are making a lot of money right now. I just grow wary of how it's all starting to to feel bland and think they run the risk of it hurting them in the long run.
post #2442 of 3905
Thread Starter 
Eh, Cap2 (being out of the norm CBM) and GotG (being obscure characters) were huge risks.

For the most part, AntMan too and it was enjoyable and made a lot more than expected. Character was practically a bigger joke than Hawkeye.

Not possible to do TDK/IM1/Cap2 films all the time.
post #2443 of 3905
Thread Starter 
Also...
Quote:
Disney has confirmed that Indiana Jones will be back in his boots once again after months of speculation about another movie.

CEO Bob Iger announced the news during a video interview with Bloomberg News, promising “more great stories with George Lucas’ Star Wars and Indiana Jones, by the way, which will be coming”.

Steven Spielberg, who directed the first four films in the Indiana Jones franchise, has already hinted that he would sign on for another movie with lead actor Harrison Ford.
post #2444 of 3905
Sure. I pointed out Capt2 in my post. We need more of that. I loved GoTG but even it felt paint by numbers at times. Thing is did a fantastic job of masking that in how crazy fun it all felt. I'd be ok with more of that too.

Again I liked Ant-Man. I just also see it as being a rather bland story that is only saved by its more enjoyable creative moments. How will that feel in a sequel? Not sure.
post #2445 of 3905
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixOhNine View Post

$520 million worldwide box office for Ant Man says Marvel's gonna keep doing the same thing. Studios don't take risks when they need dump trucks to make deposits.

This is very true yet very unfortunate. So many movies are "almost good" but end up being merely acceptable due to this." Good enough to watch" seems to be the bar, and sadly its a low one.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD