First time posting on SF. I'm a young law student in my mid-twenties working in the DC area, and I've recently come to a point where I want to buy my first pair of decent black Oxfords for formal/business occasions. I've done some research over the last week over various American and Italian Brands and I've settled on some selections below. I am looking for Black, Laced, Oxfords that have a more simple/elegant look without overly complicated perforation patterns (little to medium is fine). For the most part, I will be looking to pair this shoe with a very fitted, slim-cut suit (Charcoal, Navy and Black). Budget wise, while I would ideally like to spend below/not too much over $350, my experience thus far (with suits, timepieces, etc.) has taught me that paying more for the right quality product is very often the better choice (this is why the price range below varies so much). With this in mind then, I would very much appreciate if anyone can give me some advice on some of the selections I've picked out below, as well as maybe giving me some suggestions on brands/deals/shoes that I have yet to discover.
1. a. testoni M45209 ( http://tinyurl.com/o4s3jvv ) $496 (I can't really tell which testoni line this belongs to)
2. a. testoni D45238BOG ( http://tinyurl.com/l7obrqo ) $240 (Ditto, but I'm assuming Studio given the price point)
3. Versace Collection ( http://tinyurl.com/ptjjcu6 ) $550
4. AE for BB ( http://tinyurl.com/oz6fw49 ) $368 (I prefer these over the original AE mainly because of the dove tail heels)
5. Suitsupply Derby ( http://tinyurl.com/nopba87 ) $289
6. Gucci Diamante ( http://tinyurl.com/p8fwkw8 ) $259
7. D&G ( http://tinyurl.com/kswvfzs ) $369
PS: my size is 8.5D/9D (US)
Thanks in advance for any advice or help provided.
Edited by hikari07 - 2/1/14 at 12:04pm