Hey PhiloVance, just wondering how that worked out for you. I'm headed there this summer too - just trying to map out all the good shops to hit up in Barca.
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Carmina Cap Toe Oxfords In Espresso Calf - 7.5UK Last post on 12/3/16 at 12:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 9/30/16 at 5:32am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/17/17 at 11:16am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina GMTO Last post on 12/26/15 at 8:06am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Prices Carmina shoes - Page 7post #91 of 976/19/12 at 3:15pmpost #92 of 978/3/12 at 11:51pmWithin the course of a year, I've bought 6 pair of Carminas, which is fast becoming my favorite brand, ahead of C&J. Main reason is that the quality is on par, but prices are 20%-30% cheaper. And their cordovan models are unparallelled (and yes, I've owned Alden).
Of those 6 pairs, 3 came from their Paris store, 1 from the Bacelone shop, 1 from Madrid Gran Via, and 1 from Madrid Claudio Coello. I haven't visited their Madrid Serrano store yet.
By far, the best selection is to be found at Claudio Coello. The store is easily twice as big as any of their other stores. Paris and Gran Via are OK, Barcelona slightly disappointing when it comes to the selection.
At the end of January, when I was in Madrid, the sales were on. I bought a pair of cognac cordovan penny loafers in the Forest last, at EUR 300, which was an absolute steal. I think they were discontinuing this color. With the sales, a number of calf models could be found in the EUR 200 - 250 range. At that price, I'd have bought 5 more pairs if I'd had enough space in my suitcase.
Otherwise, regular prices are a bit cheaper in Spain as they are in Paris. Cordovans at EUR 550 in Paris can be found at EUR 495 in Spain, if I recall correctly.
Service is superb: I was buying the calf / suede spectator earlier this week in Paris, and while I was trying for size, Luis (the store manager) decided to take my C&J suede Chukkas to clean them.
The Armoury, which I visited in April, has a more limited selection compared to any Carmina store, but they do have models that are commissioned for them only, like the suede stringloafer. Brilliant stuff.
Lastly, Carminas can be found at Trading Post in Japan. Prices are sky high thanks to import taxes and the strong Yen.
I hope this helps.
Edited by flanker2000fr - 8/4/12 at 12:07ampost #93 of 978/4/12 at 2:18am
I agree that the shop on Coello has the best selection of the Madrid shops, though keep in mind that It is very strangely lit in there. The shop on Serrano is very small, a closet really. The Gran Via shop, if you're interested, has some reduced stock year-round, all of which is either discontinued or second quality.post #94 of 971/28/13 at 8:44pmpost #95 of 973/18/13 at 11:51am
Betty is very responsive and I am about to put an order in for the double monk in saddle shell MTO in my size for 650 euro plus 40 euro shipping to the U.S. She stated it takes 10 weeks to be made and then shipped. My first MTO shoe and haven't even tried it on, but thanks for everyone's real world experiences with this company.post #96 of 973/23/13 at 9:27am
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Future of the Democratic Party Threak 12 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 16 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 18 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 19 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...