Hey PhiloVance, just wondering how that worked out for you. I'm headed there this summer too - just trying to map out all the good shops to hit up in Barca.
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 3/31/15 at 8:30am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Roundup - Week of February 1 Last post on 2/4/15 at 9:21pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only Last post on Today at 10:33 pm in Classic Menswear
- eBay Roundup Week of January 11, 2015 Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Prices Carmina shoes - Page 7
Styleforum Top Picks
Of those 6 pairs, 3 came from their Paris store, 1 from the Bacelone shop, 1 from Madrid Gran Via, and 1 from Madrid Claudio Coello. I haven't visited their Madrid Serrano store yet.
By far, the best selection is to be found at Claudio Coello. The store is easily twice as big as any of their other stores. Paris and Gran Via are OK, Barcelona slightly disappointing when it comes to the selection.
At the end of January, when I was in Madrid, the sales were on. I bought a pair of cognac cordovan penny loafers in the Forest last, at EUR 300, which was an absolute steal. I think they were discontinuing this color. With the sales, a number of calf models could be found in the EUR 200 - 250 range. At that price, I'd have bought 5 more pairs if I'd had enough space in my suitcase.
Otherwise, regular prices are a bit cheaper in Spain as they are in Paris. Cordovans at EUR 550 in Paris can be found at EUR 495 in Spain, if I recall correctly.
Service is superb: I was buying the calf / suede spectator earlier this week in Paris, and while I was trying for size, Luis (the store manager) decided to take my C&J suede Chukkas to clean them.
The Armoury, which I visited in April, has a more limited selection compared to any Carmina store, but they do have models that are commissioned for them only, like the suede stringloafer. Brilliant stuff.
Lastly, Carminas can be found at Trading Post in Japan. Prices are sky high thanks to import taxes and the strong Yen.
I hope this helps.
Edited by flanker2000fr - 8/4/12 at 12:07am
I agree that the shop on Coello has the best selection of the Madrid shops, though keep in mind that It is very strangely lit in there. The shop on Serrano is very small, a closet really. The Gran Via shop, if you're interested, has some reduced stock year-round, all of which is either discontinued or second quality.
Betty is very responsive and I am about to put an order in for the double monk in saddle shell MTO in my size for 650 euro plus 40 euro shipping to the U.S. She stated it takes 10 weeks to be made and then shipped. My first MTO shoe and haven't even tried it on, but thanks for everyone's real world experiences with this company.
- Prices Carmina shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Creepy Sartorial Images 9 minutes ago
- › 3 Belvest DB suits and Kiton jacket 17 minutes ago
- › The SW&D Music Appreciation Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 26 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 28 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 35 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 38 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 38 minutes ago
- › FS: Wings + Horns 2010 SS Chambray Mountain Parka - Grey - Size SMALL 38 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...