or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Prices Carmina shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Prices Carmina shoes - Page 3

post #31 of 97
It was 60EUR for shipping to Russia from Mallorca. Paris store quoted me 35 EUR to Russia. I assume it should be about the same to the US.
post #32 of 97
Thanks. Did you check the prices at a few stores, or did you just get it from Paris?

On a side note, I'm actually a student studying Russia - pretty interesting stuff happening man, with the reversion to authoritarianism under Vladimir Vladimirovich. Really fascinated with Russia.
post #33 of 97
I was in Paris in April and wanted to order a pair that was out of stock. Price in the Paris store was a bit higher than from Spain, but shipping was cheaper. Also, when they ship outside EU, neither Spanish, nor Paris shops do not deduct VAT. Do not know exact reasons. I would have also been fascinated, live I somewhere outside this country and all the shit happening around. ) Do you just study Russia or Russian language also?
post #34 of 97
sorry i wasnt clear, any ideas if they deduct VAT in stores?
post #35 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanvt View Post
sorry i wasnt clear, any ideas if they deduct VAT in stores?

Not 100% sure about this, but if I'm not mistaken in the entire EU the VAT deduction is not done by the stores you buy at, but at the airport (or other places alike) where you can find official agencies. But at the store they have to provide you with a certificate or a receipt or something like this. Just ask there and they'll inform you better.
post #36 of 97
Ha! Unfortunately, I only study the political system, and the culture, not the language! So what are people on the ground saying for 2012? Medvedev, or Vladimir Vladimirovich?

Quote:
Originally Posted by banis View Post
I was in Paris in April and wanted to order a pair that was out of stock. Price in the Paris store was a bit higher than from Spain, but shipping was cheaper. Also, when they ship outside EU, neither Spanish, nor Paris shops do not deduct VAT. Do not know exact reasons.

I would have also been fascinated, live I somewhere outside this country and all the shit happening around. )
Do you just study Russia or Russian language also?
post #37 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy View Post
Ha! Unfortunately, I only study the political system, and the culture, not the language! So what are people on the ground saying for 2012? Medvedev, or Vladimir Vladimirovich?
Medvedev's recent interview to the Financial Times gives quite a good overview of current situation. In short - he wants to stay for the second time in the Kremlin. This time for 6 instead of 4 years (you are probably aware of the changes to the Constitution). But... it is not in his power to decide whether he will stay or not.
post #38 of 97
Very interesting leap from Carmina shoes to Vova and Mitea - "nash rukavaditel' i nash president"!
post #39 of 97
Yes, we're well aware of Medvedev's desire to remain the President, and the PM's seeming desire to want to take power again. The only reason why we feel that there's a split among the President and the PM is because they seem to be giving contradictory messages, and they keep deliberating over whether Medvedev will be running again in 2012. Would you say that most Russians are in favor of the PM becoming the President again? Frankly, do you think the existing political system is good for Russia? Or would you say there needs to be more liberalization? *I have TEXTBOOK understandings of how Russians think, but would like to know if it is true with you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by banis View Post
Medvedev's recent interview to the Financial Times gives quite a good overview of current situation. In short - he wants to stay for the second time in the Kremlin. This time for 6 instead of 4 years (you are probably aware of the changes to the Constitution). But... it is not in his power to decide whether he will stay or not.
post #40 of 97
Few free to chime in! After all, under the USSR, the USSR did have strong control over Romania, and it would be interesting to note if there is any remaining trace of Soviet influence in Romania.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolhistorian View Post
Very interesting leap from Carmina shoes to Vova and Mitea - "nash rukavaditel' i nash president"!
post #41 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy View Post
Yes, we're well aware of Medvedev's desire to remain the President, and the PM's seeming desire to want to take power again. The only reason why we feel that there's a split among the President and the PM is because they seem to be giving contradictory messages, and they keep deliberating over whether Medvedev will be running again in 2012. Would you say that most Russians are in favor of the PM becoming the President again? Frankly, do you think the existing political system is good for Russia? Or would you say there needs to be more liberalization?

*I have TEXTBOOK understandings of how Russians think, but would like to know if it is true with you!

I don't think that this thread should be derailed anymore with the Russian politics, but still... If you desire to discuss this topic, there are other subforums for such topics.

What they say is a ping-pong with each other. Those are mostly speeches without further actions on improvement. And what people think does not bother them. They and heir surrounding live in their own separate world.

Liberalization? Forget about it. Will not happen. It is impossible to register a political party for anyone who does not suck a d*ck to the regime. There is almost no opposition and it is not allowed to make its statements.
post #42 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by banis View Post
I was in Paris in April and wanted to order a pair that was out of stock. Price in the Paris store was a bit higher than from Spain, but shipping was cheaper. Also, when they ship outside EU, neither Spanish, nor Paris shops do not deduct VAT. Do not know exact reasons.

I would have also been fascinated, live I somewhere outside this country and all the shit happening around. )
Do you just study Russia or Russian language also?

do you guys have number I can call, considering order it from UK...
post #43 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
do you guys have number I can call, considering order it from UK...

ever heard of google search?
post #44 of 97
Went to the carmina store in barcelona to have a look. Was not impressed with the leather and selection for the most part... C&J leather seems to be higher quality.

They did not have many styles I was interested in but the cordovan looked nice... a bit shiny for my taste and around 500 euros minimum
post #45 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanvt View Post
Went to the carmina store in barcelona to have a look. Was not impressed with the leather and selection for the most part... C&J leather seems to be higher quality. They did not have many styles I was interested in but the cordovan looked nice... a bit shiny for my taste and around 500 euros minimum
I have to agree. Not with the leather thing, though. But the store is far from impressive. Specially if you actually want to buy something. When I just passed by or just entered for a quick look everything seems in order. Nice helpful staff, an Ok selection of shoes, etc. But that's only what it looks like. Last weekend went to buy a pair of shoes and went out empty handed. Why? Because they didn't have a single pair in my size. And it's a 7F, nothing special. I asked for several models I liked and all the sizes they had were either too small or too big. And another thing I really disliked is their policy concerning their catalog: if they have a pair of shoes in ther catalog, but none of the stores have them in stock, then ordering them to the factory is considered an special order, thus increasing the price by 30%. WTF?? But the staff are actually very helpful and they really met my expectations. They have ordered several models from all the stores (Madrid and Paris) so I can try them on. So I'm waiting their call because I do think the shoes in general are very nice and very good quality.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Prices Carmina shoes