or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nick's Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nick's Boots - Page 44

post #646 of 693
thank you:) i had an inkling they were, simply because Whites stitches through the sole and Nicks wont do that for whatever reason(if someone could say why thatd be awesome).
post #647 of 693
Weird question, but does anyone have pictures of theyre Nicks with the spur shelf/ledge option?
post #648 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowebo View Post

Weird question, but does anyone have pictures of theyre Nicks with the spur shelf/ledge option?


What is that option?

post #649 of 693
The way i take it, is that its a lip of sorts on the heel area that is supposed to keep spurs up. What we fashion Nicks/Whites guys would use that for is to keep our jeans/pants from slipping under the heel of our boots and dragging the ground
post #650 of 693
was looking thru instagram an came accross what i was talking bout. do not see this very often on smokejumper boots but if your denim has ever drug the ground it might be a great option. the heel on the right is what im referring to...
post #651 of 693

 

 

I just saw Chris Tran's boots from 5/4/15.  Love the Rangers.  You say these are the standard Rangers, so is this Walnut or Chocolate color?

post #652 of 693
Looks like their black standard leather to me
These are the leathers that nicks offers



post #653 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowebo View Post

thank you:) i had an inkling they were, simply because Whites stitches through the sole and Nicks wont do that for whatever reason(if someone could say why thatd be awesome).

I'm not sure what you mean by this. My Nicks are stitched through the sole as well as screwed. I have a pair of White's with the double midsole, and they aren't stitched through, just screwed. I think it depends on the sole and midsole options you request.
post #654 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots McGhee View Post
 

 

 

I just saw Chris Tran's boots from 5/4/15.  Love the Rangers.  You say these are the standard Rangers, so is this Walnut or Chocolate color?

 

 

They're Walnut actually. It's a rich dark brown. They're my favorite pair for hiking and all around.

post #655 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowebo View Post

was looking thru instagram an came accross what i was talking bout. do not see this very often on smokejumper boots but if your denim has ever drug the ground it might be a great option. the heel on the right is what im referring to...

seems like the better solution would just be to get jeans that don't have such a huge leg opening.
post #656 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Tran View Post


They're Walnut actually. It's a rich dark brown. They're my favorite pair for hiking and all around.



I'm thinking that their stock Ranger is exactly what I'm looking for and no build time. If White's Farmer Rancher was stocked in smooth brown instead of special order only, then I might be conflicted. Sounds like you're pretty happy with the Contender class boots? Looks like you have some of their MTO welted boots, too. In my mind the 12+ week lead time for Nicks outweighs the difference (I would prob get an MTO Homesteader in the same options as the stock Ranger). What do you think?
post #657 of 693

Maybe it's in the thread and I missed it. I didn't see anyone ask though. What are some of the wait times young's have had after your try ons were backing spokannand had made a final decision on a boot? Lil Background... I am waiting on a pair of Hotshots in Red Dog. They don't have to be customized in any way besides the color, but are lace to toe. My fitter told me they would NOT have a pair like that in stock. I'll probably call them tomorrow and ask I'm just interested in how long u all have waited. Thanks!!!

post #658 of 693

My new boots arrived yesterday.  I paid for them on October 27th.  They arrived on April 19th.  I specifically requested eyelets because the hooks on my White's have wreaked havoc on the hem stitching of my slacks.  I requested black hardware and black edges because I intend to wear them with slacks and suits.  I realize that boots aren't "ideal" for suits, but western U.S. culture is remarkably tolerant.

 

Nick’s Ranger 
Black Strap Leather
8” height 
Mini Vibram sole (430)
Dogger heel base
#2 Toe 
toe cap
Black edge
Black hardware - all eyelets 
No logos 
Cut top
pull loops 
Soft Toe (no celastic) 
Plain toe lace design 
 

 

post #659 of 693

so happy you got yours they are sharp.  fellow out here in the west understands casual

post #660 of 693
@BlackenedRidge

Wow, those look fantastic! I see they put logos on them, so hope that doesn't bug you too much.

I ordered some Nick's in early March and am hoping to have them in time for the Super Bowl.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nick's Boots