or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nick's Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nick's Boots - Page 34

post #496 of 693
A good pair of horsehide boots is a beautiful thing...
post #497 of 693


11D or E

post #498 of 693

ooh horsehide  I can be patient.  Christmas will come.........................

post #499 of 693

I finished negotiating a build with Kyle.  The expected wait is currently 8-12 weeks.  Christmas is on the horizon.  Nicks is reportedly trying to move to a new location.  I'm not feeling very optimistic about these boots being built in 8 weeks (the short side of the estimate).

 

   Nick’s Ranger
   Black Strap Leather
   8” height
   Mini Vibram sole (430)
   Single row welt
   Dogger heel base
   #2 Toe
   Brogue/dress toe cap
   Black edge
   Black hardware - all eyelets
   No logos
   Cut top
   Pull loops
   Soft Toe (no celastic)
   Plain toe lace design

   Bellows style tongue (for extra room to cram my "high-volume" feet through the shaft)

 

Now I need to figure out how to distract myself for the next 12 weeks.

post #500 of 693

Would love to see a pic of these on your feet...

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultrark2004 View Post
 

My first post to this thread. My Nicks Roberts Boot

 

post #501 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkenstein View Post

What would you all recommend for a police boot?

I live in Indiana so I have all seasons. Black is a must. I'm still young and get into foot pursuits so something that I can run in is a must. 

I wear class A uniforms most of the time so something that looks good is nice, too. 

Thanks!

Dont think nicks makes anything close to police boots...

Recommend you have a look at cove shoe co(corcoran) or the military collection from sanders...

http://sanders.shop-pro.jp/?mode=cate&cbid=1372500&csid=0
post #502 of 693
Me too;)
post #503 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackenedRidge View Post
 

I finished negotiating a build with Kyle.  The expected wait is currently 8-12 weeks.  Christmas is on the horizon.  Nicks is reportedly trying to move to a new location.  I'm not feeling very optimistic about these boots being built in 8 weeks (the short side of the estimate).

 

   Nick’s Ranger
   Black Strap Leather
   8” height
   Mini Vibram sole (430)
   Single row welt
   Dogger heel base
   #2 Toe
   Brogue/dress toe cap
   Black edge
   Black hardware - all eyelets
   No logos
   Cut top
   Pull loops
   Soft Toe (no celastic)
   Plain toe lace design

   Bellows style tongue (for extra room to cram my "high-volume" feet through the shaft)

 

Now I need to figure out how to distract myself for the next 12 weeks.

 

 

nice! are these the (rolled) welted line or the contender?

post #504 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyinsanfran View Post
 

 

 

nice! are these the (rolled) welted line or the contender?


Thank you.  If I understand correctly, the Ranger utilizes the McKay lockstitch method and I would have to upgrade to the Homesteader to get the rolled-welt that I think you are referring to. 

post #505 of 693

i'll try to post tomorrow. they are 9 1/2 D

post #506 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackenedRidge View Post
 


Thank you.  If I understand correctly, the Ranger utilizes the McKay lockstitch method and I would have to upgrade to the Homesteader to get the rolled-welt that I think you are referring to. 

 

Ahh good to know. I like my contender/mckay stitch boots just fine, but I'm thinking of getting a rolled-welt model at some point to find out if/how they wear differently.

post #507 of 693

just got my stock Roberts boots overnight air today.  seidel brown.  just a gorgeous boot prettier than the picture online and a bit heavier leather than my bison whites. they say 100 hr break in and I think that will probably be about right.  but they fit perfectly on me 11 e right off their stock shelf.  very happy boy here. box says contender. between whites and Roberts I need to cull down what indicates to me and find makeups that really appeal to me and don't just duplicate other boots.  ie  sole,heels, lasts configuration.  I have only one weird boot a plain toe work boot from alden 306 in 11 3e  plain jane, wide and tan like oatmeal paid $300 for the boot. just now pizzaszlllllll

post #508 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyinsanfran View Post
 

 

Ahh good to know. I like my contender/mckay stitch boots just fine, but I'm thinking of getting a rolled-welt model at some point to find out if/how they wear differently.

I would also be curious to hear if the rolled-welt felt/wore differently.

 

I don't recall seeing it stated in black and white, but I inferred that trimming the sole close would potentially negate the extra rebuilds that the rolled-welt would provide.

post #509 of 693
What's the upcharge from McKay to rolled welt construction? I'd much prefer hand nail down over machine stitched
post #510 of 693
So I've just received a pair of stock Roberts as well. Will concur with @daveinsweethome that it's a gorgeous pair of boots.

It's a distinctive style. The leather looks beautiful and is quite thick. I was expecting something similar to the Horween Chromexcel that a lot of folks use and this Seidel Domaine feels much heavier. Color is really nice, as is the finishing overall.

I went with a stock size 11D based on my Alden Barrie/Trubalance size.

Been wearing them around inside and here are my current fit thoughts:

They will definitely take some time to break in.

It's a bit tough getting my feet in through the ankle bend (especially one foot that must have a slightly higher arch or the boot has a fractionally smaller opening). I wonder if this is something that I can adjust for on a future pair.

Once in the boots seem to have just the right amount of room, though I'm not sure if they aren't a touch long (using the Nicks thumb-width test). It's hard to tell where the end of my toes are since the toe box is quite stiff.

The arch is definitely a very different feel. This is the area that I'm trying to figure out. The support feels like it is pretty well centered under my arch, perhaps a little more toward the heel than towards the ball.

Anyone have thoughts on how the arch should feel?

Also planning to send in measurements for an 8 inch boot. Maybe Ranger, maybe Homesteader, maybe Ridgeline. But I'm impatient and figured I'd give the stick boots a go first.

Will post some photos too, of course.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nick's Boots