or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Some new apartment pics...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Some new apartment pics... - Page 3

post #31 of 67
Are your orange Bird chairs comfy for lounging? I have seen them at Luminaire but never tried one out.
post #32 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spertia View Post
Are your orange Bird chairs comfy for lounging? I have seen them at Luminaire but never tried one out.
super, super comfy.
post #33 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
buy some socks

I actually wanted all white everything... floors, furniture etc, but my wife overruled me.

I have plenty of socks.

With the all white and semi-sparse amount of stuff it looks like an upscale squatter is living there.
post #34 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC View Post
With the all white and semi-sparse amount of stuff it looks like an upscale squatter is living there.

I disagree, it looks very clean and uncluttered. Very nice Matt.
post #35 of 67
Very little could be added. Paint the walls?
post #36 of 67
Would this fit into your floating theme?
post #37 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSeca View Post
I disagree, it looks very clean and uncluttered. Very nice Matt.

I disagree

I think there's a fine line between being clean/uncluttered and being 'awkwardly' bare. There is a better way to take advantage of/accentuate open space and I am not seeing it here at all. I like some of the furniture, but I'm not really a fan of the overall presentation. Looks like you have a great sized place by San Francisco standards though......that's something to be very proud of.
post #38 of 67
I've always said that what's hanging on your walls is a reflection of your inner-soul. Matt's are empty.

Just kidding, matt, but you can expect a lot more friendly prodding coming before I catch-up to you.
post #39 of 67
....
post #40 of 67
Thread Starter 
...
post #41 of 67
....
post #42 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
...



You mean you don't like this?
post #43 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSeca View Post
....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post


You mean you don't like this?

Wow, I must have said something really interesting

No, I would not live in a house like that, and I do find almost all houses I see unbearably cluttered and tacky. Living an a minimal space is a state of mind. Either you find it relaxing, or you find it frigid. It is not only an aesthetic choice.
post #44 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
Wow, I must have said something really interesting

No, I would not live in a house like that, and I do find almost all houses I see unbearably cluttered and tacky. Living an a minimal space is a state of mind. Either you find it relaxing, or you find it frigid. It is not only an aesthetic choice.

Ha hah. I can imagine what you said from the comments that proceeded.

I find most houses cluttered/tacky as well........I hate clutter and my dwelling would probably be considered 'minimalist' by most standards as well. Either way, I think there is a fine line between modern/minimalist decor and coming across like you basically ran out of decorating money. Maybe it's because all the walls are so bare or because there doesn't seem to be any rugs, etc. Either way, I enjoyed the pics; you have some great pieces.
post #45 of 67
Thread Starter 
Just to be clear, you think that there are no rugs because there is only one in the first picture, one in the second picture and one in the third/fourth which is all of one room? And on artwork, you are probably referring to the sliding glass door in the first picture, the bookshelf in the second and the six pieces combined in the third and fourth. Perhaps glasses would be in order. As far as your other comments, they are so retarded as to be laughable.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Some new apartment pics...