or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot - Page 7

post #91 of 276

I'm definitely thinking about it... so this boot will be unconstructed toe, which is a nice flat toe box like the last pictures above me? If so I like it. I just measured my foot and its 10.5 inches from heel to big toe, and the sizes on the order page is in UK you say? Never ordered UK sizing..mmmmm my last boot was in 42.5 EU. Any suggestions for UK size? any estimate for when we should be receiving the boot?

 

sorry for all the stupid questions - newb love!

post #92 of 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

They are UK sizes.  The sizes on the site are the marked sizes.  I try to not make any conversions, since those are approximate at best.

I sent guy a sizing question and this was his response
Hey there,

Apologies for the late reply. All of our boots are sized the same way, which is technically US. A lot of people make the UK comparison because our boots fit large (like most boots), but they all leave the factory tagged the same way. If you have any other questions just let me know.

Thanks,
Guy
post #93 of 276
Sorry for more sizing talk but most of the comparisons I see are with aldens / us made shoes - if i'm a uk8.5 in trickers (4444 last) 8.5E in loake etc. would i size the same in viberg?

Anyone order from the UK before? I assume getting bent over by customs is a highly likely...
post #94 of 276
How can I not be in for this? I need to read back some more to confirm sizing. I think I am seriously addicted to this game. Really not good for my retirement funds.
post #95 of 276

I will be ordering from Europe, and I'm pretty sure customs will charge. 

post #96 of 276
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post

I sent guy a sizing question and this was his response
Hey there,

Apologies for the late reply. All of our boots are sized the same way, which is technically US. A lot of people make the UK comparison because our boots fit large (like most boots), but they all leave the factory tagged the same way. If you have any other questions just let me know.

Thanks,
Guy
They size like most UK brands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorcan7 View Post

Sorry for more sizing talk but most of the comparisons I see are with aldens / us made shoes - if i'm a uk8.5 in trickers (4444 last) 8.5E in loake etc. would i size the same in viberg?

Anyone order from the UK before? I assume getting bent over by customs is a highly likely...
I take a 9 in trickers 4444 last, and a 9.5 in Vibergs.
post #97 of 276

without getting too hung up with US vs UK sizing....

 

Alden Barrie/Trubalance 9D = Viberg 2045 9 correct?  At least that is what it seems like reading and re-reading all the various threads.

 

Also, how durable is the Wax Flesh leather?  I live in the Tahoe mountains and would be anticipating putting some serious "patina" on these boots.  Yeah, I have Sorels for the 2-3 feet of snow we are supposed to get tonight into Fri.... but I am hoping with regular leather conditioning, the Wax Flesh leather should stand up to slushy sidewalks etc.

post #98 of 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehotchili View Post

without getting too hung up with US vs UK sizing....

Alden Barrie/Trubalance 9D = Viberg 2045 9 correct?  At least that is what it seems like reading and re-reading all the various threads.

Also, how durable is the Wax Flesh leather?  I live in the Tahoe mountains and would be anticipating putting some serious "patina" on these boots.  Yeah, I have Sorels for the 2-3 feet of snow we are supposed to get tonight into Fri.... but I am hoping with regular leather conditioning, the Wax Flesh leather should stand up to slushy sidewalks etc.
Wax flesh should be able to stand up to slushy sidewalks no problem. It's roughout coated in wax, so water shouldn't get absorbed into the leather. The leather itself is also pretty oily.
post #99 of 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjuiceman View Post


Wax flesh should be able to stand up to slushy sidewalks no problem. It's roughout coated in wax, so water shouldn't get absorbed into the leather. The leather itself is also pretty oily.

That sounds perfect for a nice Tahoe beater boot!  :)

post #100 of 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehotchili View Post
 

That sounds perfect for a nice Tahoe beater boot!  :)

Viberg used it on their country derby boot for a reason—the entire pattern is designed to fare well in wet conditions. I've been wearing CXL service boots through some terrible stuff, and the leather works perfectly. This is like that but a roughout version that's been weather proofed.

post #101 of 276

What are we looking at as far as an estimate of when the boots would be delivered?

post #102 of 276
bumping this question
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post

Just wanted to double check before putting in the order__ Service Boots on 2005 last UK 8 = 8 on 2045 ??
post #103 of 276
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post

bumping this question

You might want to invoke @guyferguson 

post #104 of 276
^just did__ thanx!
post #105 of 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post

bumping this question

In this post http://www.styleforum.net/t/224463/viberg-boots/2175#post_6769701 Guy suggests going with the same size as the 2030. So for sizing it seems that 2030, 2005, and 2045 should all pretty much be the same.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot