or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot - Page 6

post #76 of 276
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post

I'm in and would love that derby also

Awesome.  We will do the derby a bit later (next).  I promised Guy to not overwhelm him.  Nor myself.

post #77 of 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
 

I take the same size in the 2030, 110, and 2045 lasts (9.5).  The difference between the 2030 and the 2045 lasts is that the 2045 last is wider through the midfoot and toebox, and does not have the same elongated toe.  Unless your toes are wedged up against the 2030 boots, then you probably want to take the same size.

 

Canadians will fall under international shipping.  Unfortunately, shipping to Canada costs as much as shipping to Europe.

 

The boots are now live, here: http://www.styleforummarket.com/viberg-brown-wax-flesh-service-boots-preorders-full-payment-free-shipping-conus/

Does that mean the boots would be shipped from the US and we could potentially be hit with import taxes?

post #78 of 276

I'm loving the 2045 last. Would you guys say it's a compromise between the 110 and 2045? And does it run naturally wide like the 160?

post #79 of 276
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical View Post
 

Does that mean the boots would be shipped from the US and we could potentially be hit with import taxes?

There would be no import taxes since all materials and manufacturing are done within the US and Canada, which are governed by NAFTA.

post #80 of 276
Just double checking before putting in the order__ Service Boots on 2005 last UK 8 = 8 on 2045?
post #81 of 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
 

I take the same size in the 2030, 110, and 2045 lasts (9.5).  The difference between the 2030 and the 2045 lasts is that the 2045 last is wider through the midfoot and toebox, and does not have the same elongated toe.  Unless your toes are wedged up against the 2030 boots, then you probably want to take the same size.

 

Canadians will fall under international shipping.  Unfortunately, shipping to Canada costs as much as shipping to Europe.

 

The boots are now live, here: http://www.styleforummarket.com/viberg-brown-wax-flesh-service-boots-preorders-full-payment-free-shipping-conus/

If I've got a decent bit of extra room on the 2030 in length, but it's just right for width, would sizing down for 2045 be unreasonable, or is it less than a half-size wider than 2030?

post #82 of 276

Hi friends!

 

Im a 9.5D in Alden Barrie last shoes. Could a kind soul bless me with a size translation?

post #83 of 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
 

There would be no import taxes since all materials and manufacturing are done within the US and Canada, which are governed by NAFTA.

If the full amount is declared when shipping the parcel and it's not marked as a gift, we would still have to pay sales tax unfortunately. This would approximately cost an additional $100 (12% GST/PST rate) plus a brokerage which which would be about $10. 

post #84 of 276
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjuiceman View Post
 

If I've got a decent bit of extra room on the 2030 in length, but it's just right for width, would sizing down for 2045 be unreasonable, or is it less than a half-size wider than 2030?

I would not size down.  The 2045 lasted boots don't have an elongated toe.  Of course, only you know the way you like your boots to fit.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by patagonianwild View Post
 

Hi friends!

 

Im a 9.5D in Alden Barrie last shoes. Could a kind soul bless me with a size translation?

I would suggest the same size.

post #85 of 276
LA GUY how long wi you leave the pre order up
post #86 of 276
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post

LA GUY how long wi you leave the pre order up

Preorders will close at the EBD Feb 15.  You have time to get sizing, etc... right.

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

post #87 of 276

That's a very handsome boot. Is the sizing on the purchase page US or UK sizes?  Please correct me if im wrong but on the viberg.com site, all their sizes are quoted as UK sizing, is it the same here?

post #88 of 276
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb78 View Post
 

That's a very handsome boot. Is the sizing on the purchase page US or UK sizes?  Please correct me if im wrong but on the viberg.com site, all their sizes are quoted as UK sizing, is it the same here?

They are UK sizes.  The sizes on the site are the marked sizes.  I try to not make any conversions, since those are approximate at best.

post #89 of 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

So, I spoke with @guyferguson
, and this is what I got:

1) He strongly recommends that 2045 last with an unconstructed toe.  The pronounced toe comes from all the pictures on the net of things on the 2045 last having a constructed toe.  The 2045 last has the same toe shape as the 110, but there is more shape through the ankle and the midfoot.  This is, in his opinion, much better than the 110 for casual wear.  The 110 is specifically build for a workboot, which is very different from schlepping around.  The 2045 last is a Munson last, which, for our purposes, means that there is more roundedness on the outside of the foot.  No one has done a unconstructed toe 2045 service boot yet, but he sent me some pictures of the unconstructed toe 2045 last on a derby.  Check out the pictures below. Guy also said that future makes of the Boondocker will probably be on the 2045 last, so it seems like it is the gold standard, going forward.

2) Because of the way the eyelet machines are set, doing speedhooks instead would require retooling the machine, so we are not going to make that an option.

3) Brown wax flesh is awesome.  





appreciate the details, fok

little confused though...the above pics look much more similar to this structured toe:



rather than these unstructured toes:




what am I missing?
post #90 of 276
Thread Starter 

It's purely the angle.  The toebox looks very much like my unconstructed 110s. here beside me.  That last pair, irrc, is actually on the 2045 last, and so that is the shape that you should expect.  It has more body than the 2030, much more like the 110 (also shown).  The "boxiness" in the toes from the other pair shown comes from the construction in the toebox.  It's a very specific look.  Not my preference, but people really into the heritage look like it.

 

From Guy's explanation, the 2045 is a better casual wearing version of the 110.

 

Look at the first picture of the derbies.  You can see clearly that there is no "break" in the curve from the toe to the vamp.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot