Finally got these today...These waxed flesh boots are serious sh$t kickers! I am super psyched with them. The toe box is certainly more rounded than the 2030 but I think it works perfectly for this makeup. Fok, thanks for another super makeup!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders available now until August 16. Last post on 3/16/16 at 7:38am in Streetwear and Denim
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg boots: Lasting and soling - Part 2 of 3 Last post on 7/18/16 at 12:17pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot - Page 25
Viberg Boondocker, 2030 last in Horween natural chromexcel rough out (Leffot) v. Viberg Service Boot, 2045 last in Horween waxed flesh for styleforum (both are size 10.5):
2030 and 2045 curve in slightly different places but the main difference I see is the taller, slightly rounder toe box on the 2045 (which I've started pressing down a bit since this was taken):
Alden Barrie last boot v. 2045 last (both size 10.5):
The 2045 Service Boot appears very solid and heavy duty. Check out the nails on the Commando sole heel:
I've had the 2030 Boondockers for about four months and they are still quite stiff. They don't rub or pinch or anything like that - in fact they are quite comfortable - but the thick leather sole doesn't bend much at all. I had two near nasty falls walking down my old rickity basement stairs. The 2045s have the Commando sole (and hopefully more grip) but they feel quite stiff too - much more so than an Alden double sole boot. Expect a longer break-in period for Vibergs. That said, the Service Boots look and feel great. Sizing is perfect. Love the leather, stitching and general feel of the boot.
Thanks for putting this special run together, Fok.
Edited by CEE88 - 5/27/14 at 8:04pm
You might want to check your own national post office site as well. Sometimes, there is a loss of communication between the postal services when it crosses borders.
Yes, the boots come with 2 sets of laces, leather and waxed cotton. That way, you have choices!
Fok shipped these boots from Moscow, ID so I didn't have to go through that for these. But on the boots I ordered directly from Viberg, they lingered with that status for three days. So I'd guess that they'll be released today or tomorrow.
And yes, the wax flesh boots come with both leather and waxed cotton laces.
Edit: Fok beat me to it.
I don't think I personally want to treat these waxed flesh boots with anything. Reno or any other kind of cream is going to "undo" any distressing that occurs to the boots. It's almost like reapplying the wax to the flesh/suede side of the leather, making it smooth and kind of like waxed again. But maybe that's your intention?
I'm okay with no treatment. I'm usually too lazy to condition and shine my shoes that require that treatment.
My pair were processed through customs and they left RICHMOND, BC. The estimated date is for Monday but I'm hoping they'll be here by Friday. If you're in Canada, you can go to the canada post website and punch the same tracking number there.
These are seriously great boots. The few scuff marks I have are a little furry already.
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 minute ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 7 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 11 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 12 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 16 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding