Looks great can't wait to see them paired up
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders available now until August 16. Last post on 9/18/15 at 7:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 9/30/15 at 7:14pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on Yesterday at 10:43 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 10/1/15 at 6:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg boots: Lasting and soling - Part 2 of 3 Last post on 10/17/13 at 6:30am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot - Page 24
Styleforum Top Picks
Post lady delivered mine around noon but had to be sociable with guests even though I was dying to open the box. Glad I went with my Barrie size. It wouldn't have worked to try sizing down another half. Very happy with these so far. But they are incredibly heavy. Heaviest boots I own so far at 1lb 15oz; almost 2 lbs a boot!
I have more patience than ryden. This MTO was on the 2045. I went with my Barrie size but some have actually gone 1/2 down from Barrie. 1/2 down from Barrie would have been too tight/snug for me.
Might need to jump on the derby buy next .
I'm definitely breaking the "rules" on these as it's the 2nd day in a row I'm wearing them. As Fok said, they're work boots so I don't plan on taking care of them as I do all my other boots. I'm still undecided on whether to use trees in them or nor. Might do so only occasionally. And since they're waxed flesh, I will probably just use light brushing on them, as I don't want to create any false aging on them by brushing the wax off the flesh.
Curious how others will be treating these boots...
I am very pleased with the fit. I have narrow heels so most boots' heels are a bit wide for me. That's why I stay away from the Alden Trubalance last. For some reason, the Barrie doesn't seem too bad although it's supposed to have a wide heel as well. The 2045 last is quite agreeable for my feet. The leather is very thick and quite stiff but the boots are by no means uncomfortable out of the box. I just think they'll take 10-15 wears to get softer and mold to the shape of your feet.
My 2030 Service Boots in Colour 8 CXL are arriving tomorrow so I'm interested to see how the same size in the 2030 feels.
I think you are really going to love these boots. They feel really good walking in them. Hard to describe but it almost feels like I'm "rolling" with each step. Very nice.
I don't think I personally want to treat these waxed flesh boots with anything. Reno or any other kind of cream is going to "undo" any distressing that occurs to the boots. It's almost like reapplying the wax to the flesh/suede side of the leather, making it smooth and kind of like waxed again. But maybe that's your intention?
- Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 10 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 40 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov... 2 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › British workwear / heritage brands 5 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth