Looks great can't wait to see them paired up
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders available now until August 16. Last post on 1/27/16 at 11:25pm in Streetwear and Denim
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 4:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg boots: Lasting and soling - Part 2 of 3 Last post on 10/17/13 at 6:30am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot - Page 24
Styleforum Top Picks
Post lady delivered mine around noon but had to be sociable with guests even though I was dying to open the box. Glad I went with my Barrie size. It wouldn't have worked to try sizing down another half. Very happy with these so far. But they are incredibly heavy. Heaviest boots I own so far at 1lb 15oz; almost 2 lbs a boot!
I have more patience than ryden. This MTO was on the 2045. I went with my Barrie size but some have actually gone 1/2 down from Barrie. 1/2 down from Barrie would have been too tight/snug for me.
Might need to jump on the derby buy next .
I'm definitely breaking the "rules" on these as it's the 2nd day in a row I'm wearing them. As Fok said, they're work boots so I don't plan on taking care of them as I do all my other boots. I'm still undecided on whether to use trees in them or nor. Might do so only occasionally. And since they're waxed flesh, I will probably just use light brushing on them, as I don't want to create any false aging on them by brushing the wax off the flesh.
Curious how others will be treating these boots...
I am very pleased with the fit. I have narrow heels so most boots' heels are a bit wide for me. That's why I stay away from the Alden Trubalance last. For some reason, the Barrie doesn't seem too bad although it's supposed to have a wide heel as well. The 2045 last is quite agreeable for my feet. The leather is very thick and quite stiff but the boots are by no means uncomfortable out of the box. I just think they'll take 10-15 wears to get softer and mold to the shape of your feet.
My 2030 Service Boots in Colour 8 CXL are arriving tomorrow so I'm interested to see how the same size in the 2030 feels.
I think you are really going to love these boots. They feel really good walking in them. Hard to describe but it almost feels like I'm "rolling" with each step. Very nice.
I don't think I personally want to treat these waxed flesh boots with anything. Reno or any other kind of cream is going to "undo" any distressing that occurs to the boots. It's almost like reapplying the wax to the flesh/suede side of the leather, making it smooth and kind of like waxed again. But maybe that's your intention?
- Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Alden SHELL CORDOVAN Color 8 chukka boot size 8.5D 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Best Tailor in Chicago for Alterations? 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?