or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot - Page 11

post #151 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post
 

 

Thanks for taking the time to respond and educating me.  So are Vibergs veldtschoen constructed?  Or is their stitch-down construction different from veldtschoen?  And Vibergs don't use any cork filling?

It's similar, but Viberg's stitch down boots don't use a welt under the upper. I'm not sure if it's technically Veldtschoen without it, and I know there's some variations  of Veldtschoen construction with two uppers, but not all do. 

 

With regard to cork, as far as I know there isn't any. Here's a breakaway shot of a Viberg workboot:

post #152 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjuiceman View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post
 

 

Thanks for taking the time to respond and educating me.  So are Vibergs veldtschoen constructed?  Or is their stitch-down construction different from veldtschoen?  And Vibergs don't use any cork filling?

It's similar, but Viberg's stitch down boots don't use a welt under the upper. I'm not sure if it's technically Veldtschoen without it, and I know there's some variations  of Veldtschoen construction with two uppers, but not all do. 

 

With regard to cork, as far as I know there isn't any. Here's a breakaway shot of a Viberg workboot:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Thanks again, kind sir.

post #153 of 274

Can anyone give an idea on the projected weight of the boots? Compared to something like a RW Iron Ranger or Wolverine 1k, would these be significantly heavier?

post #154 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

I take the same size in the 2030, 110, and 2045 lasts (9.5).  The difference between the 2030 and the 2045 lasts is that the 2045 last is wider through the midfoot and toebox, and does not have the same elongated toe.  Unless your toes are wedged up against the 2030 boots, then you probably want to take the same size.

Canadians will fall under international shipping.  Unfortunately, shipping to Canada costs as much as shipping to Europe.

The boots are now live, here: http://www.styleforummarket.com/viberg-brown-wax-flesh-service-boots-preorders-full-payment-free-shipping-conus/

How much would shipping be to Canada? Would it be via USPS? Assuming that Viberg's factory is in Canada can they ship directly from the factory to the Canadians in this GMTO?
post #155 of 274
It's around $30. It's via USPS. No they will not ship directly to you because they send them all to LA Guy.
post #156 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

You should go 10.

Thanks, I deliberated a lot and found that I think I agree with you, so I changed it :colgate: 

post #157 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

It's around $30. It's via USPS. No they will not ship directly to you because they send them all to LA Guy.


Really? where is LA guy located? so does this mean, if LA guy is not in Canada, me as a Canadian, I will have to pay customs for a Canadian boot?

post #158 of 274

Has anyone found a decent belt that would match these? 

post #159 of 274
@TOJfirstimer

You won't have to pay duty but you'll potentially have to pay GST/PST. I ordered a pair of Aldens recently which were around the same price and shipped through USPS, I paid $110 in taxes. If the shipper undervalues the shipment and marks it as a gift then we would avoid paying taxes.
post #160 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackToothedGrin View Post

Has anyone found a decent belt that would match these? 
Check out Nicholas Hollows.
post #161 of 274
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOJfirstimer View Post
 


Really? where is LA guy located? so does this mean, if LA guy is not in Canada, me as a Canadian, I will have to pay customs for a Canadian boot?

I'm located in the states.  Canadians should not have to pay any additional customs, since these boots fall under NAFTA regulations. Someone mentioned that GST might be levied.  I have no personal experience with this.

 

We ship USPS, so there should be no brokerage fees.

post #162 of 274
Thread Starter 

I am making the very last day for orders this coming Friday. Unfortunately, I have some surgery next week that will put me out of commission for a few weeks, and so, want to get the order in before that happens.  So, again, the very last day for orders will be February 7.  We have 8 orders in right now, so it's enough for a go ahead.  I don't plan to entertain any last minute orders (I'll tally up stuff on Saturday morning, and then just put it aside and hit "send" on Monday morning) so if you want to get in on this, please go ahead and make your order this week.  This change has already been changed on the store description.

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

post #163 of 274

sorry to hear of your surgery; I wish you a speedy recovery.

 

I will not complain about getting my boots a week sooner! I will put my order in tomorrow.

post #164 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
 

I am making the very last day for orders this coming Friday. Unfortunately, I have some surgery next week that will put me out of commission for a few weeks, and so, want to get the order in before that happens.  So, again, the very last day for orders will be February 7.  We have 8 orders in right now, so it's enough for a go ahead.  I don't plan to entertain any last minute orders (I'll tally up stuff on Saturday morning, and then just put it aside and hit "send" on Monday morning) so if you want to get in on this, please go ahead and make your order this week.  This change has already been changed on the store description.

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

 

My order is in, Fok.  Thanks for coordinating this.  Best of luck with your surgery.

post #165 of 274

Just wondering why is there a shoe on the order page? is it just to show the color and the wax texture to be expected on the boot?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot