Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders available now until August 16. Last post on 1/27/16 at 11:25pm in Streetwear and Denim
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 4:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg boots: Lasting and soling - Part 2 of 3 Last post on 10/17/13 at 6:30am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot - Page 2
Styleforum Top Picks
The shape if it doesn't look Alden to me. I guess the closest of Alden's last would be the Modified? Based on the shape of the toe. The 2030 is much closer to an Alden.
I believe Guy said recently a ton of work has been going in to a new boot last. I am very curious to see the results
so what is everyone's last preference. Maybe Fok can put up a poll soon as there seems to be interest in making these. I say we keep it exactly the same as the one pictured minus the speed hooks. If it ain't broke.... If we decide to go 2045 I might wait until we can do a 110 version the 2045 shape just doesn't do it for me
I'm actually going to talk to Guy next week re. the last. If I am understanding people's concerns, we all like the look of the boots shown, but that there are some members concerned with the roominess, particularly in the heel, of the 110 last. We'd like a last that is similar, but has a bit more structure than the 110 last, if possible. Our immediate idea was to use the 2045 last, but there are some concerns about the upturn in the toe. We do not want to use the 2030 last, but might be interested in the new boot last, if that is ready.
Does all of this sound pretty accurate guys? I want to make sure to present our case as clearly as possible. I'll also ask about the derby (shoe) in that conversation.
I believe it is prob 95% as you guys may want
Brogue toe cap (take this off for what you guys are after Obiviously)
Brown wax flesh
Heel pull tab
Dainite Sole (you guys want commando)
7 brass eyelets (no speed lace hooks(which I think suck and spoil a vintage kinda look)
It's coated in wax, so it should work pretty well in that sort of weather. As far as I know, that's the reason why it's waxed and not just standard roughout in the first place.
- Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Galways, Brown Utah, Shearling, Size 8.5E UK, 64 Last 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 6 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 11 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 12 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?