or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot

post #1 of 276
Thread Starter 

This thread is to discuss a Styleforummarket MTO order for a wax flesh service boot, essentially the undistressed version of the boot below, with the differences being that the boot would not use speed lacing, and that the last will be either a 110 or a 2045 last.  This last part is still up for debate.  

 

Although I have to get the official go ahead from Guy to do this boot, I am relatively confident that it will be approved.  I need at least 4 firm commitments to go forward.  Once I get the okay from Guy, I will put this up on the www.styleforummarket.com website, since talk is (relatively) cheap, and I don't want to dash people's hopes after there is lot of talk about it but we can't get enough actual preorders in to make it go forward.  I don't know the exact pricing of this yet, but previous boots with similar characteristics have been around $750, shipped in the CONUS.

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolling green View Post

IF anyone is down for a group buy of this boondocker minus the speedhooks I'm in!.

Boon docker
  • 110 or 2045 Last 
  • Commando Sole
  • Brass Eyelets
  • White Thread
  • Natural Midsole
  • Unstructured Toe
  • Pull tab (loop
  • Wax Flesh


post #2 of 276
Count me in for the 2045 last.
post #3 of 276
2045 for me. I am concerned the 110 is too rounded/wide a look for me
post #4 of 276
I would be fine with speed hooks should that be the popular opinion
post #5 of 276

Great looking boot---I'd have to see a picture of an unstructured boot on 2045 before going in on it, I'm a little worried that it'll have an upturned toe on that last, but I love the look of the boot in the picture in this thread. 

 

I'm assuming it's not possible to order different lasts along with different sizes? 

Quote:

Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I would be fine with speed hooks should that be the popular opinion

I think speed hooks kind of hurt the look of the boot. Definitely prefer no speed hooks. 

post #6 of 276
Thread Starter 

All boots get that upturned look with wear unless you tree them.  That's what nearly all the "distressed" boots have that look.  When you get them, they will have a gentle curve in the sole, like all boots, but the upturn just naturally comes since your foot moves that way when you walk.  This is not unique to Viberg, the last, etc...

post #7 of 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
 

All boots get that upturned look with wear unless you tree them.  That's what nearly all the "distressed" boots have that look.  When you get them, they will have a gentle curve in the sole, like all boots, but the upturn just naturally comes since your foot moves that way when you walk.  This is not unique to Viberg, the last, etc...

I don't mean the gentle curve in the sole---I mean the upturned toe box in something like this:

 

I wasn't sure if that was from the toe being structured (of course it helps). I haven't been able to find any pictures of the 2045 last with an unstructured toe box. 

post #8 of 276
I'm in. Preferably for the 110 but will probably cave for the 2045. Does anyone have pics or info on the 2045. My experience with te 110 on a service boot style is good. Not rounded at all as seen from some chukka styles.
Before purchasing the original viberg boondockers I was close to going the MTO route as I was skeptical of the 110 but Morgan talked me out of it. In his words the "boondocker" is perfect in everyway and viberg has no plans to change it. It's a lot sleeker when combined with the unstructuredtoe.
post #9 of 276
Ok i think I'm in also
post #10 of 276
Would luv to have them 6" tall
w/ 10 sets of brass eyelets
Edited by IIIrd Icon - 1/17/14 at 4:58pm
post #11 of 276

I love my Alden Trubalance 403's in a size 9D.  What last and size would be the equivalent in Viberg?  I am not familiar with the 2045 or 110 lasts since I am new to Viberg.  Either way, I am very interested in this make up and if I can figure out the size/last thing I think I would be in....

post #12 of 276
Thread Starter 

I personally really like the 110 last, but that's neither here nor there.

 

This is one picture of a boot on the 2045 last:

 

 

 

I believe that this is a "partially" structured toe, which means that it has a light structure that can be crumpled, but will spring back.

 

The 110 last has a similar, slightly more rounded toe, but it has is high through the midfoot, with makes for a more gradual transition to the toe.  I think that both lasts would work for the proposed boot, but we do have to agree to one last.

post #13 of 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehotchili View Post

I love my Alden Trubalance 403's in a size 9D.  What last and size would be the equivalent in Viberg?  I am not familiar with the 2045 or 110 lasts since I am new to Viberg.  Either way, I am very interested in this make up and if I can figure out the size/last thing I think I would be in....

2030 and 2045 would be a 9. 110 I am not sure but would guess 8.5
post #14 of 276
Really surprised how narrow the 2045 looks. Fok is it possible to do both the 110 and 2045 if we gather at least 4 people for each last? As far as the true balance 110 comparison I wore a 7.5e in the trubalance last and size 7(uk/viberg) in the 110 last. I don't know if my pinky toe can do the 2045.
post #15 of 276
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling green View Post

Really surprised how narrow the 2045 looks. Fok is it possible to do both the 110 and 2045 if we gather at least 4 people for each last? As far as the true balance 110 comparison I wore a 7.5e in the trubalance last and size 7(uk/viberg) in the 110 last. I don't know if my pinky toe can do the 2045.

I will go with one model to begin with. This from experience in how these things often pan out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot