or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Clothes to wear to a club/party?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Clothes to wear to a club/party? - Page 2

post #16 of 40
It really depends on what kind of club you go to. There's a reason that people usually wear safe things. It avoids having people stare at you in the uncomfortable way.
post #17 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazy View Post

Well, at least the stripes match, lmao

Jon.
post #18 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by bBoy JEe View Post
It really depends on what kind of club you go to. There's a reason that people usually wear safe things. It avoids having people stare at you in the uncomfortable way.

Ah, fuck them, just stare right back.

Jon.
post #19 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post
Ah, fuck them, just stare right back.

Jon.

I, for one, don't like being stabbed. Evidently you frequent only clubs with genteel people.
post #20 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by denning View Post
Torec I'm in Winnipeg as well. My advice is to get thee to Holt Renfrew before they close their doors in August. You may be able to find something there. Trying to find your size in shoes is not easy online, just do a lot of research. The threads on RM Williams have lots of info on sizing. Ultimately you just have to make a leap of faith of sorts.

Hah really? Know any other places? I've been to Holts a few times, dunno if they were the best times to go, since they didn't have the best selection of stuff (I've heard it's not nearly as good as the ones in Toronto..like..stuff I've seen gotten from there) More expensive..but I guess, it's better to get and know it fits then to get something cheaper and totally not fit...
post #21 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by bBoy JEe View Post
It really depends on what kind of club you go to. There's a reason that people usually wear safe things. It avoids having people stare at you in the uncomfortable way.

beeing seen is the whole damn point of a club,
post #22 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torec_Scrail View Post
Hah really? Know any other places? I've been to Holts a few times, dunno if they were the best times to go, since they didn't have the best selection of stuff (I've heard it's not nearly as good as the ones in Toronto..like..stuff I've seen gotten from there) More expensive..but I guess, it's better to get and know it fits then to get something cheaper and totally not fit...
The Club Monaco in Polo Park has some decent shirts on sale often. Holt is alright but I think it's usually overpriced. I would advise to stay away from the trendy stores down on Corydon etc since its very eurotrash and more suited for women. You can't really save on good footwear, so RM Williams or Tyrwhitt chealsea would be a good start.
post #23 of 40
You want a safe, but still reasonably stylish outfit that will get you in anywhere? Here we go:

1)Blue, short, slim, blazer style jacket (I like the Acne Aktie 2 jacket http://shop.acnejeans.com/system/sea...uct.asp?id=376)
2)Short, slim, untucked, long sleeve buttonup - Band of Outsiders is perfect here
http://www.guisestore.com/product_p/14414.htm
3)military style pants (not pressed pants, so if you go to a more casual place, you will not look out of place, but not jeans, in case there is a dress code)
These by Cloak are awesome, and I would get them if they had my size:
http://www.shopjake.com//index.php?p...D=1107&size=36
Casual, slightly distressed boots from someone like Varvatos or NDC.
http://www.barneyscoop.com/b/c/brows...&categoryId=38 Again, will look casual enough for a casual place, but won't get you excluded because of sneakers.
Spice it up with a more colorful canvas belt, (I like these BoO belts depite myself: http://www.shopjake.com//index.php?p...roduct_ID=1255) and you are good to go.

If the place is more casual, you can ditch the jacket. The trick is that all the pieces look good separately, and work well together because the silhouette is coherent (one of my favorite - fitted top, slightly loose bottom) but the styles and colors of the pieces are not too matchey-matchey.
post #24 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo View Post
beeing seen is the whole damn point of a club,
There's a difference between being noticed (seen) and being stared at uncomfortably. That aside, LAGuy has some pretty good suggestions. It still remains that I am cooler than he is.
post #25 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by bBoy JEe View Post
I, for one, don't like being stabbed. Evidently you frequent only clubs with genteel people.

Who would want to go to a club where you have to consciously worry about getting stabbed?
post #26 of 40
I enjoy hip hop, and the clientèle at clubs that play such music can be somewhat intimidating. Also, for some reason, in Ottawa, people seem to like to fight. I have taken to long walks in the park and biking along the canal as replacement entertainment.
post #27 of 40
Here's a site showing you what people are wearing to clubs in Scottsdale and other areas of Phoenix.

http://az.napkinnights.com/

We have an interesting scene that includes a lot of AmJack, but it may give you some ideas. At the very least, you can check out the girls.
post #28 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by bBoy JEe View Post
I enjoy hip hop, and the clientèle at clubs that play such music can be somewhat intimidating. Also, for some reason, in Ottawa, people seem to like to fight. I have taken to long walks in the park and biking along the canal as replacement entertainment.

Dude, I'm in Baltimore. I think we are #2 right now in murders in North America.... If I can avoid trouble, anyone can!
post #29 of 40
You're right.... Baltimore is skeery. A lot of of the Cops episodes I watch are in Baltimore =)
post #30 of 40
I just wear the clothes I normally wear(examples in the members pictures topic) to clubs/bars. Jeans/dress shirt/dress shoes. Sometimes instead of blue jeans I wear white linnen pants or a green more baggy one. Shirts with a good fit always work .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Clothes to wear to a club/party?