or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 01/17/2014: GOOD OLD BLUE ON BLUE ACTION! SUP RUDALS!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FRIDAY CHALLENGE 01/17/2014: GOOD OLD BLUE ON BLUE ACTION! SUP RUDALS!!! - Page 8

Poll Results: WHO WINZ TEH CHALLANGE?!?!?!!!!1111

Poll expired: Jan 20, 2014 This is a multiple choice poll
  • 11% (9)
    PiCcolocV
  • 12% (10)
    sugarbutch
  • 1% (1)
    Scbrown
  • 20% (16)
    An Acute Style
  • 9% (7)
    mimo
  • 11% (9)
    upr_crust
  • 1% (1)
    jungleroller
  • 6% (5)
    SeaJen
  • 6% (5)
    CousinDonuts
  • 3% (3)
    oldog/oldtrix
  • 7% (6)
    Holdfast
  • 9% (7)
    RogerP
  • 5% (4)
    Rudals
  • 2% (2)
    archibaldleach
  • 15% (12)
    Claghorn
  • 12% (10)
    unbelragazzo
  • 3% (3)
    eviltimeban
  • 58% (45)
    Pingson
  • 16% (13)
    sansimeon
  • 3% (3)
    Anden
  • 14% (11)
    in stitches
  • 2% (2)
    GMMcL
  • 7% (6)
    DonCologne
  • 5% (4)
    Cotton Dockers
  • 2% (2)
    black_umbrella
  • 2% (2)
    Cleav
  • 15% (12)
    kulata
  • 1% (1)
    Shen
  • 0% (0)
    aravenel
  • 2% (2)
    Academic2
  • 37% (29)
    tchoy
  • 1% (1)
    cptjeff
  • 2% (2)
    Mr. Six
  • 2% (2)
    inlandisland
77 Total Votes  
post #106 of 225
Here we go. Thanks to Mimo for spearheading the three-piece suit in this week's challenge......




Details (Click to show)



post #107 of 225

Superb as always, Pingson.

post #108 of 225
Looking through this thread, I wonder if the "difficulty of blue on blue" is mainly just a fabrication of SF... there are a lot of examples of it looking great. I was thinking of trying to submit something by the end of the day, but after Pingson there is just no goddamn point. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif (except that I can't get behind that PS).
post #109 of 225
I wonder if the gauntlet Pingson just threw down is blue as well? icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #110 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by inlandisland View Post

Looking through this thread, I wonder if the "difficulty of blue on blue" is mainly just a fabrication of SF... there are a lot of examples of it looking great. I was thinking of trying to submit something by the end of the day, but after Pingson there is just no goddamn point. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif (except that I can't get behind that PS).

That's what I was saying earlier. I don't think it's difficult to do at all. However it might be harder to do something really distinctive, and therfore harder to judge between fits...
post #111 of 225

First time participating in a challenge! Sorry about the pics, no daylight today :(

 

Navy sc, tie, suspenders, socks, ps (at least partially) Light blue shirt. 

 

 

 

 

 

post #112 of 225

Yeah Pingson's gonna win.

post #113 of 225

Light blue shirt, royal blue tie and navy blue SC

post #114 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by inlandisland View Post

Looking through this thread, I wonder if the "difficulty of blue on blue" is mainly just a fabrication of SF... there are a lot of examples of it looking great. I was thinking of trying to submit something by the end of the day, but after Pingson there is just no goddamn point. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif (except that I can't get behind that PS).

You better hope foo.gif doesn't read this......
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansimeon View Post

First time participating in a challenge! Sorry about the pics, no daylight today frown.gif

Navy sc, tie, suspenders, socks, ps (at least partially) Light blue shirt. 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)











This is pretty damn good, simple but classic.......
post #115 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

This is pretty damn good, simple but classic.......

 

Thanks, it means a lot coming from you Pingson!

 

After looking at my own pictures I wish I'd worn a shirt with a slightly higher collar though, it looks kind of flat. Could have done with less spread too. (it was the only ironed blue shirt I had, hence the choice)

 

AAND, I should have worn my navy Swims in the pics!! :D

post #116 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansimeon View Post

 

After looking at my own pictures I wish I'd worn a shirt with a slightly higher collar though, it looks kind of flat. Could have done with less spread too. (it was the only ironed blue shirt I had, hence the choice)

 

I disagree, I think the shirt is perfect for the fit here; it suits the knot of the tie and looks very good. Possibly slightly higher collar, but if you're like me and have a long neck you'll know its often hard to find collars like that.

 

I'm a fan of wide-spread collars anyway, so will also err on the side of wider rather than tighter! 

 

Suspenders are awesome; what's the lapel pin, a motorcycle? 

post #117 of 225

This may be a stupid question but is the winner determined by "thumbs up" count?  I get thumb happy sometimes due to you gents dressing so well.  That doesn't sound good but you know what I mean.  

post #118 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post

This may be a stupid question but is the winner determined by "thumbs up" count?  I get thumb happy sometimes due to you gents dressing so well.  That doesn't sound good but you know what I mean.  

Nope, voting is done through a poll, will probably be up after the submission deadline on Saturday.
post #119 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post
 

I disagree, I think the shirt is perfect for the fit here; it suits the knot of the tie and looks very good. Possibly slightly higher collar, but if you're like me and have a long neck you'll know its often hard to find collars like that.

 

I'm a fan of wide-spread collars anyway, so will also err on the side of wider rather than tighter! 

 

Suspenders are awesome; what's the lapel pin, a motorcycle? 

 

Thanks! I normally prefer slightly tighter spreads, this is the widest one I have. Just my preference :) Yup, long neck and pretty tall (so are you, right?) makes most RTW collars look a bit low. Camera angle might add to it though, I think it looks better in the mirror.

 

Lapel pin is a retro motorcycle, found it on a thrifted jacket.

 

 

Edit: saw your pics and I like your collar better! Who makes the shirt? Really nice fit too! (glad to see I'm not the only one hiding some ink)

post #120 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post

This may be a stupid question but is the winner determined by "thumbs up" count?  I get thumb happy sometimes due to you gents dressing so well.  That doesn't sound good but you know what I mean.  

Nope, voting is done through a poll, will probably be up after the submission deadline on Saturday.

Its the taking part that counts.

 

:)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 01/17/2014: GOOD OLD BLUE ON BLUE ACTION! SUP RUDALS!!!