or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Dispointed news from Viberg boots, MTO have been stopped.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dispointed news from Viberg boots, MTO have been stopped.

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Hey Everyone, I just heard from Viberg, they are no longer accepting MTO from telephone and online, there is a guy named Morgan answered my call and he is not even polite, anyways, he said they stopped MTO because they want to focus on Viberg.com but they still accpeting MTO in store, well, it does not make sense to me at all, I understand if a person never have a pair of Viberg boots, it maybe a problem when he makes MTO, if you know Viberg very well and does not live in BC, you probably won't take a trip to BC just to visit store and get your MTO done. It's very dispointed to see they took away MTO options and more dispointed part is their customer service's attitude. If you know Viberg boots very well, would you like to ask them to bring back to MTO through telephone and online?
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeng View Post

Hey Everyone, I just heard from Viberg, they are no longer accepting MTO from telephone and online, there is a guy named Morgan answered my call and he is not even polite, anyways, he said they stopped MTO because they want to focus on Viberg.com but they still accpeting MTO in store, well, it does not make sense to me at all, I understand if a person never have a pair of Viberg boots, it maybe a problem when he makes MTO, if you know Viberg very well and does not live in BC, you probably won't take a trip to BC just to visit store and get your MTO done. It's very dispointed to see they took away MTO options and more dispointed part is their customer service's attitude. If you know Viberg boots very well, would you like to ask them to bring back to MTO through telephone and online?

Viberg is just doesn't have the infrastructure to do MTO.  Some companies (like Trickers) have special production channels that make it efficient.  

 

However, Styleforum is doing our StyleforumMarket MTO program, in which all member can have a voice in determining the makeups.  We have made 4 different models so far, and I will start with a 3rd set of makes, probably a derby and a Service boot, shortly.

post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
That's good to know, is there a thread to go to participate?
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeng View Post

That's good to know, is there a thread to go to participate?

Every couple of months, I suggest makeups for users.  Users then discuss changes, options, and ultimately, vote on which of the proposed makeups I should put up for preorders. This is typically a 2 week discussion period. I put forward the most popular 2-3 makeups, with the most popular modifications, and put them up for preorder at www.styleforummarket.com.  The preorder period is typically 3 weeks.  If, at the end of the 3 weeks, there are enough orders to move forward, we send our order into Viberg.  If there are makeups which have not made up the minimum of 4 orders, we refund the buyers.  We do not do overruns, and only order what has been preodered by our customers.  Prices are in line with Viberg retail, but with free shipping within the USA, and a flat rate shipping outside of the USA.

 

I will start the next round of discussions soon, probably next week.  Feel free to propose makeups in the Viberg thread, to rally your fellow members.  When the actual discussion starts, I will start a new thread.

 

Please be aware that Shell Cordovan is no longer a wholesale option, and will only be sold through Viberg.com

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

post #5 of 9

I know that was very disappointing.   I've had 7 pairs of Vibergs MTO and called to get something new a few weeks ago.   Morgan has always been very professional, helpful and responsive.   I like working with him, but I do miss the MTO option.   I haven't found much on the website that I like in my size.   I've been waiting for a few collaborations, Inventory, Bureau Belfast, Superdenim, but haven't seen anything for SS 14.  

post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by billymax View Post

I know that was very disappointing.   I've had 7 pairs of Vibergs MTO and called to get something new a few weeks ago.   Morgan has always been very professional, helpful and responsive.   I like working with him, but I do miss the MTO option.   I haven't found much on the website that I like in my size.   I've been waiting for a few collaborations, Inventory, Bureau Belfast, Superdenim, but haven't seen anything for SS 14.  

If you get enough people behind a Styleforum mto, we can get it done. Right now, we have a brown cxl Derby and a smoke grey reverse kudu service boot up for preorders.
post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

If you get enough people behind a Styleforum mto, we can get it done. Right now, we have a brown cxl Derby and a smoke grey reverse kudu service boot up for preorders.

I have a style in my mind, please check if we can put up for next round voting,

- Style: Oxford
- Last: 2030
- Leather: MOCHA CHROMEXCEL
- Thread Colour: MOCHA
- Eyelets: Gunmetal Eyelets
- Toe Cap: None
- Sole: Dainite sole and Natural Midsole
- Edge Trim: Brown
- Toe Box: Unstructured

this is a Day-to-Day shoes, it will look great either on jeans or pants. Please let me know what do you think.
post #8 of 9
Are cordovan options available? I missed the boat on the #8 service boot.
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Are cordovan options available? I missed the boat on the #8 service boot.
Unfortunately, Viberg is not doing any cordovan except through www.viberg.com
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Dispointed news from Viberg boots, MTO have been stopped.