or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Balmoral Boot Porn
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Balmoral Boot Porn - Page 21

post #301 of 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329 View Post
3 piece boot tress were a special request...and costly (don't ask me)

Thanks. I thought so. I've seen the prices for the bespoke trees and I presume that's what you've paid. I haven't seen them elsewhere. The reason I asked is that I've got a pair of Wigmore's on the way - I've ordered the standard ones...
post #302 of 1091
... wonder what you think of these Grenson Masterpieces for Paul Stuart:
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #303 of 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrakewell View Post
... wonder what you think of these Grenson Masterpieces for Paul Stuart:

I have the same boot, but 8139.257 is written instead of 8139.235, perhaps to signify a different upper material? Mine are a more uniform chestnut brown - it looks like yours are a more antiqued leather. Mine are a US 10D too, I'm usually a UK9E/F and these fit well but are the most elongated of shoes. I've been looking out for a pair in black for a long time now...
post #304 of 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrakewell View Post
... wonder what you think of these Grenson Masterpieces for Paul Stuart:
Nice boots.
post #305 of 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangfastic View Post
I have the same boot, but 8139.257 is written instead of 8139.235, perhaps to signify a different upper material? Mine are a more uniform chestnut brown - it looks like yours are a more antiqued leather. Mine are a US 10D too, I'm usually a UK9E/F and these fit well but are the most elongated of shoes. I've been looking out for a pair in black for a long time now...

Don't know about the leather, but mine is definitely an antiqued brown. Despite the fact that I usually wear UK9.5 E/F in Derbies and mostly UK 10 in Oxfords, these fit perfectly and I actually like the elongated last quite a bit :-)
post #306 of 1091
I've been trying to score a pair for about a year now - nice work!
post #307 of 1091
Tom - Nice stuff. I have the same ones in an antique dark brown/suede combo. They're very fun and stylish. They do have an elongated last, but with larger almost boot fit style pants they work very well. I'll get some pictures up come the New Year. Best, David
post #308 of 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrakewell View Post
Don't know about the leather, but mine is definitely an antiqued brown. Despite the fact that I usually wear UK9.5 E/F in Derbies and mostly UK 10 in Oxfords, these fit perfectly and I actually like the elongated last quite a bit :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
Tom - Nice stuff. I have the same ones in an antique dark brown/suede combo. They're very fun and stylish. They do have an elongated last, but with larger almost boot fit style pants they work very well. I'll get some pictures up come the New Year.

Best,
David

Just out of interest what sort of shoe / boot trees do you use? My standard size 9 trees are too big for the boot, and I'd like to look after them better...
post #309 of 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangfastic View Post
Just out of interest what sort of shoe / boot trees do you use? My standard size 9 trees are too big for the boot, and I'd like to look after them better...

I use standard size 9 Bexley cedar shoe trees and stuff a piece of cloth loosely into the shaft to keep it in shape. I know this is probably not ideal, but it works pretty well for now.
post #310 of 1091
They actually gave me free shoe trees stamped Phineas Cole which was very kind of them. It's a great tree that takes up the entire toe area. It resembles the one at the bottom of the page here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=34583 I should probably just stuff the ankle areas with newspaper to keep them in place. Perhaps I'll go do that now since I'm working from home today... Best, David
post #311 of 1091
Here are mine:Attachment 16398

*edit: oops, just noticed bal pre-req!
post #312 of 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafan View Post
Here are mine:Attachment 16398

*edit: oops, just noticed bal pre-req!
Nice, nonetheless.
post #313 of 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post
Dasco for shop-shop.uk.com. They are pricey but the nicest I've seen.

Link does not work.
post #314 of 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger02 View Post
Disagree. There is a lot to be said for combat boots, but I prefer these.

You mean like these? They look cool for ceremonies with dress uniforms, but suck for their intended purpose-jumping out of airplanes. I don't know how the guys in WWII did it. I wouldn't want to wear them with a business suit.
post #315 of 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.chikor View Post
You mean like these? They look cool for ceremonies with dress uniforms, but suck for their intended purpose-jumping out of airplanes. I don't know how the guys in WWII did it. I wouldn't want to wear them with a business suit.

So, what you need are your Corcoran balmorals for this thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Balmoral Boot Porn