or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread - Page 665

post #9961 of 16572
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post
 

So, I was told that the Eidos Napoli SC is available in size 42R when I contacted Carson Street by mail. I'm usually size 40R. Does the jacket fit TTS, @in stitches and @Monkeyface? Or are they small-ish? Thanks.

 

There is quite some room in the chest, but the waist is on the slim side. The sleeves are a bit slimmer as well, but still plenty of room. It's a good cut if you have an athletic body type.

post #9962 of 16572
The gifs are awesome. This thread is so good.
post #9963 of 16572
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

 

I"m a 42 :stirpot:

 

 

Long :mad:

 

What a pity, as it seems as if I'm shying away from it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post
 

 

There is quite some room in the chest, but the waist is on the slim side. The sleeves are a bit slimmer as well, but still plenty of room. It's a good cut if you have an athletic body type.

 

Sounds as made to measure for me then, as I have a high drop. Got myself this http://www.styleforum.net/t/406825/nwt-eidos-napoli-dark-brown-check-sport-coat-40r hope it fits. I'm a little concerned with the shoulder width, but the other measurements are spot on. I could do with +0,5" in length, but it's not a deal breaker.

 

It's trouble to even go by the measurements. For example, the seller states 21,5" chest width (size 40R). I contacted Carson Street, and according to them the chest width on a size 42R is 21". Maybe they're different models, but I doubt that a smaller size would render in +1" circumference difference between two different models from the same maker.

post #9964 of 16572
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post
 

 

What a pity, as it seems as if I'm shying away from it.

 

 

Sounds as made to measure for me then, as I have a high drop. Got myself this http://www.styleforum.net/t/406825/nwt-eidos-napoli-dark-brown-check-sport-coat-40r hope it fits. I'm a little concerned with the shoulder width, but the other measurements are spot on. I could do with +0,5" in length, but it's not a deal breaker.

 

It's trouble to even go by the measurements. For example, the seller states 21,5" chest width (size 40R). I contacted Carson Street, and according to them the chest width on a size 42R is 21". Maybe they're different models, but I doubt that a smaller size would render in +1" circumference difference between two different models from the same maker.

 

If it's a chest measurement under 22.25, then I stand corrected in saying I'm a 42.  Even that's pushing it.

post #9965 of 16572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

There is quite some room in the chest, but the waist is on the slim side. The sleeves are a bit slimmer as well, but still plenty of room. It's a good cut if you have an athletic body type.

Just want to echo this review on the Eidos Tipo cut. I do not have an athletic body, hence my need to take a little out from the sides/back.
post #9966 of 16572

How would you guys combine the attached SC (pants, shirt, tie, shoes)?

post #9967 of 16572
Solid light blue or white shirt only, solid tie of any complimentary color, almost any pair of brown shoes, and gray or brown or even blue trousers as long as you have proper contrast.

Let the jacket do the talking.
post #9968 of 16572
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Solid light blue or white shirt only, solid tie of any complimentary color, almost any pair of brown shoes, and gray or brown or even blue trousers as long as you have proper contrast.



Let the jacket do the talking.

 



Great advice put in a simple way. My first thought was actually brown trousers. Thanks.

I have no experience with SCs this light in color. Thinking of picking it up. Price is $299. While it would fill a gap in my wardrobe, I'm not sure I need it/need to fill that hole.
post #9969 of 16572
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post

Great advice put in a simple way. My first thought was actually brown trousers. Thanks.
I have no experience with SCs this light in color. Thinking of picking it up. Price is $299. While it would fill a gap in my wardrobe, I'm not sure I need it/need to fill that hole.

My pleasure. Brown trou will be excellent. Probably my first choice if the hue/shade is right.

Light SCs are not super easy, but this one is a beaut. As long as you keep it simple around it and have nice and complimentary colors and textures you should be golden.

Also, that is a super deal. Grab it!
post #9970 of 16572

I think I've tried that one on at Bloomingdales, it's very nice, but it was around $500 back then. White or off-white linen trousers with a light blue shirt or eidos polo would look awesome.

post #9971 of 16572
Wow. This is what I miss when I ditch SF for most of the day to go get drunk with my parents.
post #9972 of 16572
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Solid light blue or white shirt only, solid tie of any complimentary color, almost any pair of brown shoes, and gray or brown or even blue trousers as long as you have proper contrast.

Let the jacket do the talking.

Glad you mention the SF dreaded blue trousers....they would work well with that jacket if done right. +1 to everything Stitch said....as usual.
post #9973 of 16572
I like that sc a lot!
post #9974 of 16572
Wow what's left of eidos out there is dropping in price. Where?
post #9975 of 16572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Glad you mention the SF dreaded blue trousers....they would work well with that jacket if done right. +1 to everything Stitch said....as usual.

Example of light jacket + dreaded blue trousers here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/394373/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iv-starting-may-2014/5010#post_7296722 smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread