Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SHIRTS, SHIRTS - 80+ Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! Last post on 5/5/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Dark shirt on dark suit? Last post on 8/25/11 at 2:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Going to a wedding: Need help picking outfit! Last post on 8/10/11 at 11:35am in Classic Menswear
- 4-25 Price Drops on Kiton (suit and shirt) Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:20am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread - Page 491post #7351 of 122196/10/14 at 5:17pm
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #7352 of 122196/10/14 at 5:21pmpost #7353 of 122196/10/14 at 5:48pmKeep: Middle Brown, staple and versatile.
Maybe: 2nd and 3rd from right, maybe far right green I know I shouldn't like that one but I have a soft spot for greens, hard to tell based on the colors, grey can be versatile, plain and simple. The neat tie can be classic but I can't tell if that's green or yellow.
Burn: Everything on left half, I just don't like. I'm trying to stay away from yellows and thin striped ties. I don't like the loudness of the paisley, minus the yellow and it wouldn't be as bad. The white tie has it's place but I don't think its here. They all seem somewhat shiny too.post #7354 of 122196/10/14 at 5:54pmpost #7355 of 122196/10/14 at 7:41pmpost #7356 of 122196/10/14 at 8:00pmpost #7357 of 122196/10/14 at 8:02pmpost #7358 of 122196/10/14 at 8:08pm1). Cream is a bad color for a tie. Too light for anything in grey, charcoal, navy in a business setting. Gives off a misplaced morning dress or white tie vibe
2). so is very light pink. would prefer a darker shade
3). another cream, burn
4). that particular paisley pattern looks like it came from window drapes or a 70s couc
5). stripes are too "busy" and closely spaced
6). mid/dark grey is not a bad color for a tie, but I think I'd prefer something with more texture, or in wool.
7). brown tie is ok i guess
8). light grey tie is no bueno
9). that murky yellowish-olive color is no bueno
10). Green tie is okay, you could keep that one too. I like the spacing. Particular shade of the ground has me on the fence. Not the best shade of green. Looks "minty".post #7359 of 122196/10/14 at 8:29pmpost #7360 of 122196/10/14 at 8:36pmpost #7361 of 122196/10/14 at 8:38pmpost #7362 of 122196/10/14 at 8:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by kulata
Cream ties requires skill not necessarily bad.
Maomao Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great pics, but a cream tie is not that difficult to incorporate into an outfit. Basically a dark suit and a light blue shirt, and perhaps a DB or a 3 piece so you don't show too much of the tie. I've always wanted to have a cream tie for summer, so I'd keep that one Rudals.post #7363 of 122196/10/14 at 8:51pmpost #7364 of 122196/10/14 at 8:53pmpost #7365 of 122196/10/14 at 9:01pmQuote:
Haha, thanks! Ties are pretty much the only thing I'm not selling. I have about 30-35 ties, of which a large percentage are either navy, brown or have those colours in them. I have only 1 solid burgundy tie, which I never wear, and 1 green one, which I hardly ever wear either. All I want now is a PoW tie and another textured grey tie, perhaps linen or shantung, and I'd be done with tie shopping for a long time.
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 9 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 48 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 1 minute ago
- › 100k pull-ups in 2014 2 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 3 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Levi's Wool Jacket 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...