or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread - Page 490

post #7336 of 9348
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulata View Post

Just curios. What size is that Boglioli?
42R I got it, took the tags off and have been on the fence about it ever sense. Should've left the tags on :/
post #7337 of 9348
Quote:
Originally Posted by aglose View Post

42R I got it, took the tags off and have been on the fence about it ever sense. Should've left the tags on :/
Sorry man. But still seek a tailor's opinion, we are only hobbyists here, they may be able to resolve it with no issues.
post #7338 of 9348
Ok, more assistance requested. I have a 19in measure across the shoulders, but a 34 waist. A 42R normally fits me but I have to have the waist taken in on almost every jacket that fits in the shoulders. Is there a good brand/cut that would mitigate this need for alterations? Usually spend $200 per jacket on alterations to make it fit right.
post #7339 of 9348
Quote:
Originally Posted by aglose View Post

Ok, more assistance requested. I have a 19in measure across the shoulders, but a 34 waist. A 42R normally fits me but I have to have the waist taken in on almost every jacket that fits in the shoulders. Is there a good brand/cut that would mitigate this need for alterations? Usually spend $200 per jacket on alterations to make it fit right.

 

You have a drop 8. A drop 7 is pretty common, and would result in minimal alterations.

post #7340 of 9348

Noodles thread community:

 

Would you keep these shoes or return them?  The area with no nap is fairly small, but it's also in a fairly obvious location.  I'm beginning to wonder about Carmina GMTO's as both of mine have arrived with significant defects (the last pair had a tear on the back seam) whereas I've never had a problem in any of my prior orders directly from the factory.  Thoughts?

 

 

post #7341 of 9348
Oh man. I don't have a good feeling in my stomach. I would definitely reach out to Steve and see what he thinks. I mean your not demanding perfection but this is a $400+ shoe. I don't think it would hurt to approach Steve with an open mind on what to do, it's not his fault. Ultimately, I would be able to live with that as I don't see it as a huge deal but like I said I would at least talk to Steve.
post #7342 of 9348
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

Noodles thread community:

 

Would you keep these shoes or return them?  The area with no nap is fairly small, but it's also in a fairly obvious location.  I'm beginning to wonder about Carmina GMTO's as both of mine have arrived with significant defects (the last pair had a tear on the back seam) whereas I've never had a problem in any of my prior orders directly from the factory.  Thoughts?


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

It seems that MTOs tend to have more defects than regular models. Meermin has the same problems.

 

I'd return the shoes, but that's just because I know it would bother me.

post #7343 of 9348
I'm with MF, I would have to return those.
post #7344 of 9348
I think that counts as a factory second level. But talk to the middle man (gentlemans footwear?) sorry to hear the MTO has gone awry twice now.
post #7345 of 9348

Thanks all.  I'll talk to Steve and get his thoughts as well.  And, just to be clear, my complaints about the GMTO process are about the fact that Carmina seems to be shipping shoes that should not be shipped and that they would normally not ship when ordering directly from the factory.  I've got zero complaints about how Steve handles these issues.  Thanks again.

post #7346 of 9348
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post

Oh man. I don't have a good feeling in my stomach. I would definitely reach out to Steve and see what he thinks. I mean your not demanding perfection but this is a $400+ shoe. I don't think it would hurt to approach Steve with an open mind on what to do, it's not his fault. Ultimately, I would be able to live with that as I don't see it as a huge deal but like I said I would at least talk to Steve.


Did you get yours yet?

post #7347 of 9348
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post


Did you get yours yet?

They came earlier than expected so my Shoe funds aren't available quite yet. It's been an expensive May/June. baldy[1].gif
post #7348 of 9348
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post


They came earlier than expected so my Shoe funds aren't available quite yet. It's been an expensive May/June. baldy[1].gif

Oh puleeez~

Whatever fund I had has been blown into pieces with nonstop shopping spree that's been ongoing at the Noodles' residence. 

post #7349 of 9348
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post


They came earlier than expected so my Shoe funds aren't available quite yet. It's been an expensive May/June. baldy[1].gif

 

11UK?  Perhaps I can get a replacement pair quicker than I thought.  :hide:

post #7350 of 9348
Lol no 10.5 I'll be good with Steve in a week.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread