Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SHIRTS, SHIRTS - 80+ Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! Last post on 5/5/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Dark shirt on dark suit? Last post on 8/25/11 at 2:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Going to a wedding: Need help picking outfit! Last post on 8/10/11 at 11:35am in Classic Menswear
- 4-25 Price Drops on Kiton (suit and shirt) Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:20am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread - Page 485post #7261 of 122016/9/14 at 12:57pm
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #7262 of 122016/9/14 at 1:00pmpost #7263 of 122016/9/14 at 1:05pmpost #7264 of 122016/9/14 at 1:06pmQuote:
http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=4080, if you don't mind waiting for a month or two.post #7265 of 122016/9/14 at 1:08pmpost #7266 of 122016/9/14 at 1:16pmpost #7267 of 122016/9/14 at 1:21pmpost #7268 of 122016/9/14 at 1:29pmpost #7269 of 122016/9/14 at 1:33pm
I'm perhaps in the minority for this thread, but in wet snow, high salt conditions, I figure I should have something I'm less concerned about getting beat up, but still of reasonable quality, so no Carminas/C&Js for me.
I have these as my winter boots, which I picked up at quite a discount (easy to find AEs at big discounts if you are patient)
I admit they do not look as handsome as the C&J, but I doubt it snows as hard in London where Cleav is than in Colorado. And in a foot of snow, I don't want to worry about my boots. You can always change into something work appropriate when you get to the office. I use trees, brush them off, obenaufed them. They'll last for a while, and I don't think twice as opposed to a $600 boot.post #7270 of 122016/9/14 at 1:36pmpost #7271 of 122016/9/14 at 1:36pmpost #7272 of 122016/9/14 at 1:36pmpost #7273 of 122016/9/14 at 1:39pmpost #7274 of 122016/9/14 at 1:39pm
Grenson "Fred C" (the triple-soled Fred with a commando sole). Some time over the summer you'll find them on sale somewhere - either Grenson's own sale, Pediwear or East Dane (where I got mine). They have a hatch-grain type finish on the ones I've got. Cheapish but robust leather and for the price (I got mine for about $200), they are a lot of boot. Perfect for your needs I think. Here are mine - various colours and options are out there, see what's at a good discount in your size:
N.B. They are a "G" fitting and feel like it, so size down a whole number from your US size if you're a US "D" width, and you'll still have plenty of room for two pairs of socks!post #7275 of 122016/9/14 at 1:40pmWell, as a student I invest in my wardrobe more then most other students, I usually get a pair of shoes at the end of the summer with some of the money I've made working over the summer.
Edit:I like the grenson the best so far I think. Great price point at sub $200 and leaves some room for another pair of shoes before I head back to school.
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › things that are making you happy 7 seconds ago
- › Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member -... 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Barbour Tokito Skyfall Bond jacket (Large) 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Favorite Tee Brands 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...