+1 on SB's comments Noodles. Shoulders look rite, but the chest is too small on all of those.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SHIRTS, SHIRTS - 80+ Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! Last post on 5/5/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Dark shirt on dark suit? Last post on 8/25/11 at 2:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Going to a wedding: Need help picking outfit! Last post on 8/10/11 at 11:35am in Classic Menswear
- 4-25 Price Drops on Kiton (suit and shirt) Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:20am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread - Page 304
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #4547 of 107764/16/14 at 8:13pmpost #4548 of 107764/16/14 at 8:22pmNoodles, you and JR need to start thinking in terms of measurements, NOT in terms of tagged size. I think I've briefed you on this before! Why are you regressing your knowledge all of a sudden?-Shoulders need to go to your natural shoulder end, or a little bit past it if that's your preference (huge head, etc)
-Chest p2p doubled should a few inches bigger than your actual chest circumference. For me and my posture, it's 2 inches. Noodles, whatever that Zegna mila I sold you was -- measure it, that's your gold standard
-Waist shouldn't buckle on the jacket when you first put it on. It can actually be a little bit big, just have a tailor take it in
-Length should hit around your knuckles when you're handing are at a natural position
Those are the basics of fit.
Oh, and also don't get anything with too high/low of a button stance. A lot of the Suit Supplys have way high button stancespost #4549 of 107764/16/14 at 8:23pm
Chest bowing = too tight or too loose a chest
http://parisiangentleman.co.uk/2013/11/25/lapel-gape-never-again-canvasses-chest-pieces-and-other-suit-mysteries/post #4550 of 107764/16/14 at 8:29pmpost #4551 of 107764/16/14 at 8:31pmpost #4552 of 107764/16/14 at 8:43pmpost #4553 of 107764/16/14 at 8:49pmpost #4554 of 107764/16/14 at 8:56pmQuote:
It seems difficult and restricting but man is a well fitting jacket a wonder to behold. Combos are fun too, but this is the really good stuff.post #4555 of 107764/16/14 at 10:10pmThread Starterpost #4556 of 107764/17/14 at 3:55ampost #4557 of 107764/17/14 at 5:28amI have a confession to make.
I am...struggling with obesity. I am 10 FREAKING pounds over my normal weight of 170lbs. All my suits in the closet are 38R and they DID fit me at one point. I have told my wife to stop feeding me but bless her heart she won't stop. I habe also gained some upper body muscles in the chest, shoulders, and arms. This is causing more fit issues.
Please make a non-tax deductible donation to the NOODLES FOUNDATION to help Noodles have a chance against obesity.post #4558 of 107764/17/14 at 5:34ampost #4559 of 107764/17/14 at 5:48amThread Starter
Dudals, you've been "battling" weight ever since you've arrived on SF. I don't think I've ever seen a jacket fit from you that wouldn't have benefited from being let out a bit or sizing up (and then being let in). It isn't even necessarily about your weight. It's also the size of your ribcage. You aren't a 42...that may just be the marital feeding....but you would have long sense been better served with a 40 and getting a tailor to nip the waist.
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 54 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)