Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SHIRTS, SHIRTS - 80+ Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! Last post on 5/5/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Dark shirt on dark suit? Last post on 8/25/11 at 2:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Going to a wedding: Need help picking outfit! Last post on 8/10/11 at 11:35am in Classic Menswear
- 4-25 Price Drops on Kiton (suit and shirt) Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:20am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread - Page 76post #1126 of 118882/3/14 at 4:16pm
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #1127 of 118882/3/14 at 4:37pmpost #1128 of 118882/3/14 at 4:45pmpost #1129 of 118882/3/14 at 5:36pmpost #1130 of 118882/3/14 at 5:39pmpost #1131 of 118882/3/14 at 5:46pmpost #1132 of 118882/3/14 at 6:09pmpost #1133 of 118882/3/14 at 6:56pmThread Starter
Jungalo, do you own a blue blazer/odd jacket? I can't recall. But if so, do you mind posting a picture?
That gray jacket you posted a few hours ago from HSM is something you should pass on. It does look orphaned (as will all gray jackets without some very, very casual details). The other two were simply too country. It isn't a big deal to have slight redundancy in staples, but when looking at more unique fare, you need to ask yourself, "Do I already own something that, with the same shirt, tie, and trousers, would achieve the same effect?" I think at this point, the answer would be yes on most countrified blazers you find on eBay. I know they are cheap, but it's worth patiently waiting for a few staples to come up.
Also, steer clear of three buttons. I know they're everywhere on eBay. And I generally like three buttons (provided you've the height). But they definitely shouldn't be the foundation of any wardrobe.post #1134 of 118882/3/14 at 7:00pmpost #1135 of 118882/3/14 at 7:00pmpost #1136 of 118882/3/14 at 7:02pmpost #1137 of 118882/3/14 at 7:02pmpost #1138 of 118882/3/14 at 7:04pmQuote:
I sensed that.
This guy does a nice job, he studied in the Kiton school or something like that, point is he studied in Napoli. In my tumblr I posted once an example of the "Spalla Camicia" he does. There's also Antonio Solito, the brother of Genaro Solito, but since he passed away it hasn't been the same and it's a lot more expensive.
You can go to Los Cabos or Cancún.post #1139 of 118882/3/14 at 8:06pm
Edited by DeSense - 2/4/14 at 12:59am
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 12 seconds ago
- › Cleaning Horse Hair Brushes in Dishwasher 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 5 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)