True, go big or go home.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SHIRTS, SHIRTS - 80+ Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! Last post on 5/5/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Dark shirt on dark suit? Last post on 8/25/11 at 2:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Going to a wedding: Need help picking outfit! Last post on 8/10/11 at 11:35am in Classic Menswear
- 4-25 Price Drops on Kiton (suit and shirt) Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:20am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread - Page 73post #1081 of 119062/3/14 at 8:58am
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #1082 of 119062/3/14 at 8:59ampost #1083 of 119062/3/14 at 9:01ampost #1084 of 119062/3/14 at 9:02amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
F is gorgeous, but this is a budapester in pebble grain from Vass. I think a more classic Hungarian last is the way to go - camp it up a bit. On an austerity brogue in museum calf, F would be beautiful. But this is a chunky shoe in country leather, so the P2 (which is already watered-down a touch in that it has a more extended toe than the really traditional ones) is the man for the job I think: go Hungarian, go seriously Hungarian I say.
Thanks uncle mimo! I have confidence in P2 now!post #1085 of 119062/3/14 at 9:03ampost #1086 of 119062/3/14 at 9:04ampost #1087 of 119062/3/14 at 9:06ampost #1088 of 119062/3/14 at 9:08ampost #1089 of 119062/3/14 at 9:09ampost #1090 of 119062/3/14 at 9:10ampost #1091 of 119062/3/14 at 9:12ampost #1092 of 119062/3/14 at 9:16ampost #1093 of 119062/3/14 at 9:20ampost #1094 of 119062/3/14 at 9:28amQuote:Originally Posted by jrd617
I'm about to place an order for a MTO "Budapester" model wingtip derby from Vass. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)It will have a dainite sole for durability. (For those of you keeping score on retail price, this will be a full-retail purchase )
I intend to wear this shoe with casual sportcoats and slacks. I already own a brown wingtip in cordovan. (RL Marlow)
The two parameters I'm having trouble deciding on are:
1). Last ("F" last vs. the "P2"/"New Peter" last)-F last is sleeker
-P2 is rounder
2). Material (dark brown boxcalf vs. dark brown pebble grain).
See circled in red
At the moment I am leaning towards a P2 shoe with brown pebble grain. The brown pebble / dainite sole has been called "bombproof" in the Vass thread. I think it would make a good all-weather shoe. (Rain or shine, sleet or snow). I'm leaning towards the P2 because it's not as sleek/formal as the F last.
What do you all think?
Here's what a P2 shoe looks like brown cordovan. (I would be getting the same color shoe in calf)
Here's an F last oxford wingtip in a lighter brown calf ("antique cognac), and a rough estimation of what a shoe in full brown pebble would look like (right):
Be careful of the dark brown calf. They aren't kidding when they say it's dark. In good light, it looks brown, but in low light it's pretty close to black. Also, P2 for that shoe.
Dark brown River II austerity brogue:
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1238 Active Users (223 Members and 1015 Guests)
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › 100k pull-ups in 2014 13 minutes ago
- › Antiques, antiques auctions, recent purchases and discussion 19 minutes ago
- › WTB Rick Owens Stooges Cow (FW12?) Size 52,50 22 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 23 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)